Sponsored

Photoshop A51 Center Dash - How hard do you think it will be to remove center dash?

lsustang05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Raptor SuperCab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Remove it, have it wrapped or painted, and then get the BRONCO letting in vinyl. That alone should save quite a bit since tracing it by hand will never be perfect and will eat up time in labor costs.
Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Remove it, have it wrapped or painted, and then get the BRONCO letting in vinyl. That alone should save quite a bit since tracing it by hand will never be perfect and will eat up time in labor costs.
What I would do in that instance is get a vinyl decal the exact right shape and size. Paint the yellow (or whatever color the letters would need to be) first. Cover the letters with the vinyl, paint the insert color, remove the decals (basically a stencil at this point), clear everything, sand, clear again. No tape lines, and it is painted on and not a sticker that may peel/fade with time.
Whenever I do Chevy tailgates on old trucks I tape it all off with 1/16" fine line tape and paint the letters. It takes about 2 hours of just taping to get it perfect, but in the end is painted and not a sticker.
These letters are considerably smaller and inset, so a vinyl stencil is about the only way to get that crisp and perfect.
I have a steady hand but would never try to hand-letter that. Maybe a professional pinstriper could, but not this guy!

FJ 432

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The picture that ZackDanger provided would indicate to me that a vinyl pry tool that can be found at Harbor Freight should have it out in less than 10 minutes. Looks like clips above and below the vents and along the top. Groovy.

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've been pondering the same, or at least having that section hydrodipped in some pattern/ finish (I seem to be one of the few that like the metallic trims offered above the Big Bend I'm likely stepping into) but my one concern is - where is the passenger airbag located? If it's within the top of the IP, then probably no problem. If it's somehow seamlessly integrated into the passenger-facing section, then possibly a concern.

Waiting for service info to post to Ford's portal...would love to know more about how we can pop this thing apart and add some color within.

20Bronco21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
’22 Badlands, ‘23 Balands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Random thought here, if the dash can be parted out, how well would Hydrodipping stand up to the heat and UV of covering the dash? Anyone have any experience with Hydro?

Sponsored

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hmmm...so how hard to you think it will be to remove this center piece? Do you think you have to remove the surrounding parts, and basically remove the entire dash assembly?

One thing that irks me about the Badlands is the inverted dash color. I was thinking about matching with A51 and then having BRONCO text in yellow to tie in random yellow stitching. I suppose i could try to get custom vinyl and wrap myself, but to get yellow text may mean a custom paint job. Any idea what you think that will cost? Im sure it's mostly labor, but the question is how much labor to pop out that piece. Or could an intaller do all of this in vinyl without removing the piece. I could see this being as little as a few hundred to vinyl in place, versus over 1k if they have to disassemble the whole dash and paint.

A51 Dash.jpg

Bronco Dash Orig.jpg
My wife has a cricut and I have a 3d printer. I'll be printing custom 3d badges and she will be making custom vinyl graphics to go on them. I've painted emblems before and although slightly time consuming, you can do it cheap and with decent adhesion. My toyota 4 runner graphics are now a matte rubberized black, for over a year, with no Knicks. Job costs about $20 for the primer and paint. Used ultra fine steel wool and rubbing alcohol to clean the emblem. Put a piece of plastic wrap over the grill, used an exactly knife to cut the plastic out over the emblem. Then blue painters tape around all the letters (this took an hour). 3 layers of primer, waited 4 hours, then 3 layers of 3m rubberized matte black coating. I did this on a Friday after work. Removed the plastic and tape Saturday morning, didn't touch it till work Monday morning.

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This pic is helpful. I’m on my phone so I can’t see all of them but there seems to be a lot of little places for the plastic inserts. Knowing where these are when removing will be helpful.
Ford Bronco Photoshop A51 Center Dash - How hard do you think it will be to remove center dash? 24F837BC-A554-4EFE-9AB9-921109B5C619

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If you can pop the part off yourself and drive it over to the shop, that probably will save you a lot of money as well.

From my experience, popping off parts of the dash is not hard. You usually end of having to take off other pieces to get to all of the tabs and screws needed for that one part. Take lots of pictures to help with reassembly.
Sponsored