Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.socalfj40.com
Vehicle(s)
'74 Toyota FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If it's a standard size rail, you should be able to buy adapter type mounts that will work with most of the items you're interested in mounting, right off the shelf today
Not only that because picatinny is decades old universal I can take that one further... I can actually make picatinny based mounts with a 3D printer I've already done it many times for other projects so if something cool isn't officially made that I want I can design it in 3D print it and make it for myself.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Locked-n-loaded

Locked-n-loaded

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.socalfj40.com
Vehicle(s)
'74 Toyota FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wonder if the reason they dropped it was related to licensing. (Vs figuring more lay people will recognize cheese grater picatinny and think it’s cool.)

Just glad they didn’t go with KeyMod. ;)
I posted it in another thread but I'll say it here... the simple decades old ubiquitous of the proven picatinny rail system is ten times better than anything else on the market, period. mlock and everything else is cool, but it's a very limited (I have both on firearms & I'll take picatinny any day). Therw aren't as many accessories and people have accessories for picatinny rails that go back decades. It's the most universal, it's the most ubiquitous, it's the most easily found, it's the most logical choice no doubt irrespective of the cool factor. You can find a hundred or so mlock products you can find thousands of picatinny products. Other styles were mainly designed for the AR-15 to reduce weight and bulk of the fore grip, which has zero purpose in this setup. Picatinny is the proper way.

bfabpt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not only that because picatinny is decades old universal I can take that one further... I can actually make picatinny based mounts with a 3D printer I've already done it many times for other projects so if something cool isn't officially made that I want I can design it in 3D print it and make it for myself.
Sorry if this have been asked. Is this rail mount available as standard or option from factory? I'm really interested as I have ram mounts from previous set up with JL and Tacoma that i may be able to attach to this base mount. I also saw somewhere in the forum, a fantaseal mount that can be attach to the base mount. Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
Locked-n-loaded

Locked-n-loaded

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.socalfj40.com
Vehicle(s)
'74 Toyota FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry if this have been asked. Is this rail mount available as standard or option from factory? I'm really interested as I have ram mounts from previous set up with JL and Tacoma that i may be able to attach to this base mount. I also saw somewhere in the forum, a fantaseal mount that can be attach to the base mount. Thanks in advance.
You know honestly I don't know. I'm not paying attention a lot too what comes on what at this stage. but I'm sure either 1) it comes as part of a package on certain models 2) you could likely buy aftermarket and install it which I have done tons of times on other vehicles even if I didn't order direct from the factory at purchase time. I'm willing to bet you they're going to use a very similar dashboard but if you don't order it it's not installed and if you order it it's installed as the bolt holes are already there.

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Forget a holster, a mount for one of these ...
Modular front bumper. Too many dashboard clearance issues otherwise.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now that I'm thinking about it, one cable from Ford's socket going to a splitter on the rail might provide the best opportunity to hide the cables going in to the splitter with some clips that go on to the rail. So the lower trim level might have the cleanest option haha.
I'm surprised this rail, and the Jeep accessory rails don't have some slick cable management system...

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'm surprised this rail, and the Jeep accessory rails don't have some slick cable management system...
It very may well have one and we haven't seen it yet, but yeah that's a good point.

Well we're about 30 mins of CAD and 1 3D printer away from having it if they don't sell it, so ?‍♂

OP
OP
Locked-n-loaded

Locked-n-loaded

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.socalfj40.com
Vehicle(s)
'74 Toyota FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A 3D printer will resolve any ugly & unsightly cables should there not be an option. All cables & wires in my vehicles are hidden or covertly routed (radars, dash cams, phones, etc). A clean presentation is key.

DHC

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'd much prefer M-Lok.

I was a little disappointed when I saw the 1913 rails in the recent vids, if only because I think this version below just looks better.

Bronco_4dr_features_01.jpg

Edit: However, we know for sure that the picatinny rail will work with the Chick Fil-A sauce mount.

6F4nFgt.jpg
We can be friends.

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Im just gonna mount some disco and strobe lights. Why?

984b390c3d28dc3b6e5b56694cdacbf2.jpg

Reactions: DHC

aplm7

Wildtrak
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wouldn't MLOK be pretty difficult to add and remove stuff way up on the dash? I always have to get one finger under it to find and hold everything together. This standard rail is better

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wouldn't MLOK be pretty difficult to add and remove stuff way up on the dash? I always have to get one finger under it to find and hold everything together. This standard rail is better
You know you can just turn the gun over and look in, right? ;)

The original one that was teased look like picatinny width without the cheese grater ridges and MLOK slots, so best of both worlds?

But I agree, if the goal is quick attach and detach, straight picatinny makes a lot of sense.
MLOK would he doable for a more permanent solution, but it’s not solving the problem of picatinny In the Bronco like it does on a foregrip.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Given its placement, I would add a griddle. Sizzle up some bacon in minutes during summer.

OP
OP
Locked-n-loaded

Locked-n-loaded

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.socalfj40.com
Vehicle(s)
'74 Toyota FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If no one steps up and offers something, it’s possible to get pretty creative with the individual components.

I’ve mounted ram balls to some pretty interesting things with the correct size drill bit and nut.

Also, without doing any research, I wonder if the thread/diameter of an available ram would match this camera mount...

Ford Bronco Picatinny accessories I'd like to see 984b390c3d28dc3b6e5b56694cdacbf2
Perfect example. With this 1 easy to find picatinny/camera mount you can pretty much make anything if you have creativity & skill. As well, you can easily 3d print attachments for this picatinny clamp for virtually any device. Even a cool EDC pen holder.
Sponsored