Sponsored

Picked her up today and stranded due to coolant leak. RESOLVED: Secure your coolant hose with a ziptie !

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

[Update 11/23]
After reaching out to me on here, Ford did double my factory warranty and also sent me a debit card for the hotel and flight expenses that I asked them to reimburse, which was north of a grand. I'm actually pleased with the response.(y)

[Update 10/22]
As @flip illustrated in posts #20 and #25 of this thread, the issue was a coolant hose rubbing the A/C compressor pulley. The fine folks at Stephens secured a replacement hose from another Bronco and had me on my way in an hour. Securing this hose is now part of their PDI process.
Ford Bronco Picked her up today and stranded due to coolant leak. RESOLVED: Secure your coolant hose with a ziptie ! PXL_20211022_192717130.MP

[Original post - 10/21]
The roller coaster continues! My son and I flew into WV last night and after a great experience at Stephens we were looking forward to crossing several states and stopping in the smokies on the way back to Arkansas. We did not get out of WV. ☹

John plotted us an awesome trek across WV and 73 miles into it as we were pulling into the New River Gorge visitor center I could smell coolant. Damn! After requesting a tow via FordPass (around 2:30) I started having flashbacks as my tow ETA was pushed back several times, stringing me along just like my delivery ETA did. After a couple hours of this (now 4:30) I called the (nearest) dealer I had chosen in the app and they informed me they don't do loaner cars. WTF! Tanis at Stephens scrambled for me and found a dealer 20 minutes the other way who can get me a car in the morning so I called Ford and told them to update to that one. Four hours after I called for assistance the tow truck showed up. 👎

I hope it's a quick fix tomorrow morning or I'm in a bad spot. It was really fun while it lasted, though, and it looks so awesome!

Ford Bronco Picked her up today and stranded due to coolant leak. RESOLVED: Secure your coolant hose with a ziptie ! PXL_20211021_132842063.MP

Ford Bronco Picked her up today and stranded due to coolant leak. RESOLVED: Secure your coolant hose with a ziptie ! PXL_20211021_175311168.MP

Ford Bronco Picked her up today and stranded due to coolant leak. RESOLVED: Secure your coolant hose with a ziptie ! PXL_20211021_230918257.MP
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Wait you only have the loose hose issue, not the dropped a valve issue. I don’t think you can call that dead, should be a quick fix. Sucks it happened on the way home.

Last edited:

Sponsored

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I've heard a couple stories about coolant hoses not clamped properly. Hope it's simple and you are back on the road soon.

OP
OP
VoltageDrop

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So was it just a loose hose?
Could be. I looked around in there and the clamps I could reach felt snug but coolant sprayed all over so it's hard to tell where it's coming from.

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

2dr basesquatch in Carbo Grey. AKA the camouflaged giant, AKA Blurry Bigfoot. How to stand out without shouting.

That's how I want mine, but I have to say after seeing the real thing pictured, instead of just a render, those beauty rings need a coat of paint. Either Grey like the nonsquatch BL optional wheels, or black like a WT. Think I'll be going black personally.

Crossing my fingers for you, hope it's a hose clamp!

Sponsored
OP
OP
VoltageDrop

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

2dr basesquatch in Carbo Grey. AKA the camouflaged giant, AKA Blurry Bigfoot. How to stand out without shouting.

That's how I want mine, but I have to say after seeing the real thing pictured, instead of just a render, those beauty rings need a coat of paint. Either Grey like the nonsquatch BL optional wheels, or black like a WT. Think I'll be going black personally.

Crossing my fingers for you, hope it's a hose clamp!
Thanks! And I agree. The rings are brighter than I'd like. Gunmetal or black is probably in my future. This combo really is stunning in person.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wait you only have the loose hose issue, not the dropped a valve issue. I don’t think you can call that dead, should be a quick fix. Sucks it happened on the way home.
Dropped valve issue eh?? Must have missed. Do elaborate.

Lagrange 6g

Black Diamond
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 f250 2014 landcruiser 1978 cj5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The roller coaster continues! My son and I flew into WV last night and after a great experience at Stephens we were looking forward to crossing several states and stopping in the smokies on the way back to Arkansas. We did not get out of WV. ☹

John plotted us an awesome trek across WV and 73 miles into it as we were pulling into the New River Gorge visitor center I could smell coolant. Damn! After requesting a tow via FordPass (around 2:30) I started having flashbacks as my tow ETA was pushed back several times, stringing me along just like my delivery ETA did. After a couple hours of this (now 4:30) I called the (nearest) dealer I had chosen in the app and they informed me they don't do loaner cars. WTF! Tanis at Stephens scrambled for me and found a dealer 20 minutes the other way who can get me a car in the morning so I called Ford and told them to update to that one. Four hours after I called for assistance the tow truck showed up. 👎

I hope it's a quick fix tomorrow morning or I'm in a bad spot. It was really fun while it lasted, though, and it looks so awesome!

Ford Bronco Picked her up today and stranded due to coolant leak. RESOLVED: Secure your coolant hose with a ziptie ! PXL_20211021_230918257.MP

Great looking truck sorry that had to happen to yalls adventure drive back home What engine did you have?
Sponsored