Sponsored

Picked her up today and stranded due to coolant leak. RESOLVED: Secure your coolant hose with a ziptie !

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wait you only have the loose hose issue, not the dropped a valve issue. I donā€™t think you can call that dead, should be a quick fix. Sucks it happened on the way home.
Donā€™t the dealership go over everything during pdi how the hell does stupid shit like this keep popping up this is the most stressful vehicle purchase in the history of our sport between shady dealers and piss poor quality controle . Mine scheduled to be built week of nov 22 and I am fucking terrified lol. O yeah you also got to pray it doesnā€™t show up to the dealership all fucked up now to cause thatā€™s a thing

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The roller coaster continues! My son and I flew into WV last night and after a great experience at Stephens we were looking forward to crossing several states and stopping in the smokies on the way back to Arkansas. We did not get out of WV. ā˜¹

John plotted us an awesome trek across WV and 73 miles into it as we were pulling into the New River Gorge visitor center I could smell coolant. Damn! After requesting a tow via FordPass (around 2:30) I started having flashbacks as my tow ETA was pushed back several times, stringing me along just like my delivery ETA did. After a couple hours of this (now 4:30) I called the (nearest) dealer I had chosen in the app and they informed me they don't do loaner cars. WTF! Tanis at Stephens scrambled for me and found a dealer 20 minutes the other way who can get me a car in the morning so I called Ford and told them to update to that one. Four hours after I called for assistance the tow truck showed up. šŸ‘Ž

I hope it's a quick fix tomorrow morning or I'm in a bad spot. It was really fun while it lasted, though, and it looks so awesome!

PXL_20211021_132842063.MP.jpg

PXL_20211021_175311168.MP.jpg

PXL_20211021_230918257.MP.jpg
Congrats on your purchase itā€™s beautiful carbonized gray Matches the top perfect

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Lucky the FE was parked up front, was too lazy to walk out to mine. What I don't do for you guys....:ROFLMAO:

2.7hose3.jpg

2.7hose4.jpg

2.7hose5.jpg
Man this engine is a Huge Octopus, zip ties for miles. Thank you Flip for all this. I will def be looking at this when mine comes in next week. Hopefully! THANK YOU!

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Donā€™t the dealership go over everything during pdi how the hell does stupid shit like this keep popping up this is the most stressful vehicle purchase in the history of our sport between shady dealers and piss poor quality controle . Mine scheduled to be built week of nov 22 and I am fucking terrified lol. O yeah you also got to pray it doesnā€™t show up to the dealership all fucked up now to cause thatā€™s a thing
For the most part dealers do the PDIs correctly. A couple of these that have come in had more than an inch of clearance between the hose and pulley, two were less than a half inch. It's hard to see this if your aren't specifically looking for it. Because of the post in the other thread we started strapping them to a larger hose adjacent to this one. It may not be a problem off the transport but after driving, vibration and heat cycles it may relax and contact the pulley.

I suggest all 2.7 owners tell their dealers to tie them back or do it if you've already taken delivery. You know the saying, an ounce of prevention.....

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

edit again, never mind, found it, just had to get a stepladder out so I could look down where it is, and I'm 6'3", LOL.

In case you're looking for it, I'm pretty sure it's visible from above, right of center, more or less in between center and battery, look down a somewhat triangular hole between hoses and pipes and you'll see the hose near those pulley wheels (or what they are called). Mine is a good inch away at least, so should be good without zip tie, but I still might get some high quality indoor/outdoor ones next time I'm at the hardware store, thought I still had some but all out.

Thanks again flip!

Last edited:

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The roller coaster continues! My son and I flew into WV last night and after a great experience at Stephens we were looking forward to crossing several states and stopping in the smokies on the way back to Arkansas. We did not get out of WV. ā˜¹

John plotted us an awesome trek across WV and 73 miles into it as we were pulling into the New River Gorge visitor center I could smell coolant. Damn! After requesting a tow via FordPass (around 2:30) I started having flashbacks as my tow ETA was pushed back several times, stringing me along just like my delivery ETA did. After a couple hours of this (now 4:30) I called the (nearest) dealer I had chosen in the app and they informed me they don't do loaner cars. WTF! Tanis at Stephens scrambled for me and found a dealer 20 minutes the other way who can get me a car in the morning so I called Ford and told them to update to that one. Four hours after I called for assistance the tow truck showed up. šŸ‘Ž

I hope it's a quick fix tomorrow morning or I'm in a bad spot. It was really fun while it lasted, though, and it looks so awesome!

PXL_20211021_132842063.MP.jpg

PXL_20211021_175311168.MP.jpg

PXL_20211021_230918257.MP.jpg
While waiting on the tow truck you could have at least popped the hood and taken a look. Even a guy with no mechanical experience can get a screwdriver or nutdriver and tighten up a hose clamp

BRBUSTER72

Black Diamond
First Name
DAVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 XTERRA '16 SUPER DUTY '18 EQUINOX DIESEL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Design ? . . . Production quality ? . . .

How many marginal areas ?
Without seeing it, it could be something as simple as loosing a clamp and twisting the hose to a new position and not needing to zip tie though that would be good insurance. Also, don't necessarily blame Ford for poor service from the wrecker companies.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Design ? . . . Production quality ? . . .

How many marginal areas ?
"Efficient packaging", Ford's term, not mine.

Obviously the rigid structures are designed with clearances in mind, when you get into an octopus of hoses in a crowded area, there's some installation leeway. I'm not defending this because I don't know if the powertrain was installed with the hoses and final connection was made with the radiator in the body but someone on the line looked right at this stuff. The other consideration is how much clearance engineering designed when it was CAD'd up.

My hope is engineering is aware of it because I've posted here and on our Ford message boards. If they've seen it and don't do anything then the warranty expenses are on them but my interest is helping owners avoid downtime.

Sponsored

the blue potato

Wildtrak
First Name
Mr. Gone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Ford F100
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

For the most part dealers do the PDIs correctly. A couple of these that have come in had more than an inch of clearance between the hose and pulley, two were less than a half inch. It's hard to see this if your aren't specifically looking for it. Because of the post in the other thread we started strapping them to a larger hose adjacent to this one. It may not be a problem off the transport but after driving, vibration and heat cycles it may relax and contact the pulley.

I suggest all 2.7 owners tell their dealers to tie them back or do it if you've already taken delivery. You know the saying, an ounce of prevention.....
Phil - is it a matter of those hoses not using up all the length of inlet mating points (meaning coolant nipples....lol)? Meaning they may be inserted only 1/2 way and locked into place there - possibly allowing the hoses not to clear those pulleys?

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Phil - is it a matter of those hoses not using up all the length of inlet mating points (meaning coolant nipples....lol)? Meaning they may be inserted only 1/2 way and locked into place there - possibly allowing the hoses not to clear those pulleys?
The space is just really tight with a bunch of hoses running through the same area. The hose we tie back is just really close to the pulley. They probably knew this because they have abrasion sleeve on it. Might delay a complete rub through if it just touched a few times but not if it relaxed and laid on it like mine almost did. All the connections are tight, just too much stuff in a very tight space.

OP
OP
VoltageDrop

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

While waiting on the tow truck you could have at least popped the hood and taken a look. Even a guy with no mechanical experience can get a screwdriver or nutdriver and tighten up a hose clamp
I swap engines for a good time but with a tow allegedly 45 minutes away and having no tools, getting covered in antifreeze with limited clothing was not high on my to-do list. Thanks for the excellent advice, though šŸ‘

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So is it a design flaw with the hoses hopefully Ford knows about this and can start correcting it during assembly and thanks for helping all of us on the forum itā€™s nice to see some people in the industry that actually care
Sponsored