Sponsored

Picked her up today and stranded due to coolant leak. RESOLVED: Secure your coolant hose with a ziptie !

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sorry for your troubles.

New River Gorge is beautiful. They reserve a day a year and close the bridge so that numbnut base jumpers can parachute off of it. Had a coworker who did it. Did not work out well for him. He is burned into my brain as "splatterman", since I can't remember his name. His family did bitch because our employer did not provide long term disability. My take was and is you can't fix stupid...
Sponsored

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

🍍🍕FO SHO! Get well soon.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Could be. I looked around in there and the clamps I could reach felt snug but coolant sprayed all over so it's hard to tell where it's coming from.
Sorry to hear about your troubles, Eric, especially on the road home right after pickup. :(

Just in case you haven’t seen it already, @Kamseyk documented a similar issue with her new Bronco a few months ago on the following thread…

Brand new Bronco overheated today [Updated 8/19]

Maybe it will provide some ideas to help troubleshoot the issue?

Hope you get it fixed and are back on the road again soon. 🤞

Last edited:

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just a WAG and I mentioned before. There's a hose that runs to the trans cooler that branches off from another hose. The vertical hose to the cooler runs dangerously close to one of the pulleys on the engine. I also put this on our Ford message board along with pics. Every 2.7 we're getting in is getting this zip tied to the hose next to it to keep from being rubbed through. If this is your problem, apparently they haven't listened.

For those yet to take delivery of a BR with a 2.7....Tell your dealer to look at this and tie the hose back.

2.7hose.jpg

2.7hose2.jpg

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Much thanks again -
Do you have links to full articles - from these photos can't tell location -

Note: hot engine environs, zip-ties often last about 6-months - prob better use wire-tie of some kind -
No. This is something we kind of figured out from the thread mentioned above. No good way to photograph this from the top due to all of the other stuff above it.

I don't know what kind of zip ties you might be talking about but if it fails the hoses will have melted down before it does. If you ask nice I might take my snake camera out and try to get a better pic.

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Sorry for your troubles.

New River Gorge is beautiful. They reserve a day a year and close the bridge so that numbnut base jumpers can parachute off of it. Had a coworker who did it. Did not work out well for him. He is burned into my brain as "splatterman", since I can't remember his name. His family did bitch because our employer did not provide long term disability. My take was and is you can't fix stupid...
Wife and I were out there in August. Lake Summersville is amaaaazing. We had a campsite on the lake, where we boated, swam and paddle boarded. Were hiked during the morning and swam in the afternoon.

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just a WAG and I mentioned before. There's a hose that runs to the trans cooler that branches off from another hose. The vertical hose to the cooler runs dangerously close to one of the pulleys on the engine. I also put this on our Ford message board along with pics. Every 2.7 we're getting in is getting this zip tied to the hose next to it to keep from being rubbed through. If this is your problem, apparently they haven't listened.

For those yet to take delivery of a BR with a 2.7....Tell your dealer to look at this and tie the hose back.

Ford Bronco Picked her up today and stranded due to coolant leak. RESOLVED: Secure your coolant hose with a ziptie ! 2.7hose2

Ford Bronco Picked her up today and stranded due to coolant leak. RESOLVED: Secure your coolant hose with a ziptie ! 2.7hose2
Good info! Trying to orient the photos. Are these looking down at the front of the engine, standing at the front of the vehicle?

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Melted ? . . . lolol

They get brittle . . . and SNAP !!
Meh, not worried. We've used this brand for years and have had good luck with UV and heat stability. The stuff Ford uses under hood is of lesser quality than these.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The roller coaster continues! My son and I flew into WV last night and after a great experience at Stephens we were looking forward to crossing several states and stopping in the smokies on the way back to Arkansas. We did not get out of WV. ☹

John plotted us an awesome trek across WV and 73 miles into it as we were pulling into the New River Gorge visitor center I could smell coolant. Damn! After requesting a tow via FordPass (around 2:30) I started having flashbacks as my tow ETA was pushed back several times, stringing me along just like my delivery ETA did. After a couple hours of this (now 4:30) I called the (nearest) dealer I had chosen in the app and they informed me they don't do loaner cars. WTF! Tanis at Stephens scrambled for me and found a dealer 20 minutes the other way who can get me a car in the morning so I called Ford and told them to update to that one. Four hours after I called for assistance the tow truck showed up. 👎

I hope it's a quick fix tomorrow morning or I'm in a bad spot. It was really fun while it lasted, though, and it looks so awesome!

Ford Bronco Picked her up today and stranded due to coolant leak. RESOLVED: Secure your coolant hose with a ziptie ! 2.7hose5

Ford Bronco Picked her up today and stranded due to coolant leak. RESOLVED: Secure your coolant hose with a ziptie ! 2.7hose5

Hi there, Eric! This definitely doesn’t sound like the experience we want you to be having– If you'd like to, go ahead and send a message to us with your VIN and approximate mileage. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist. Thanks!

JPG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lucky the FE was parked up front, was too lazy to walk out to mine. What I don't do for you guys....:ROFLMAO:

WOW! WTH Ford, i am starting to rethink this truck... That's just bad engineering, who would think of putting a hose that close to a pulley...

Seems to be more and more defective Broncos coming out, maybe it's normal if there are more of them or maybe they are getting rushed out and not built properly...

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2.7hose.jpg

2.7hose2.jpg
EDIT: nevermind, saw my question about where this is answered down thread, so just leaving this to say thanks for this and all the other help you provide to the community!

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

thanks for this, but I'm not clear wha tI'm looking at here, is the first picture with the yellow arrow looking from the top into the engine? Left or right of 'middle'? I'd be happy to add a zip tie myself. If I understand the 2nd photo correct, you ziptied the smaller hose behind the one with the silverish sleeve to that fat one with the sleeve to keep it away from the belt I seem to see? Seems like a simple fix, I just have a hard time locating it. From where is the 2nd photo taken? Once it stops raining I'll try to find it again, I sure don't want to get stranded for something that can be avoided so easily.
Thanks!
I totally understand your frustration with Ford, but having worked in the tier 1 supplier space there are so many working parts and engineers from different suppliers that it's not just a "Ford" problem. Engineers are humans too just like you and me. They have good days, bad days and days they'd rather tell you to "EFF OFF" than do their job. Humans. Mistakes WILL be made in everything that we do. It's how we react and resolve these "mistakes" that matters. Trust me, Ford cares about its customers, but there are so many that it can feel a little bitterly cold from them sometimes. Again, it's another group of Humans working the issues department. This is my opinion and I reserve the right to be wrong. :)
Sponsored