Sponsored

Picked her up today and stranded due to coolant leak. RESOLVED: Secure your coolant hose with a ziptie !

Bjj101

Outer Banks
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OBX, 2020 Lexus RX450
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

WOW! WTH Ford, i am starting to rethink this truck... That's just bad engineering, who would think of putting a hose that close to a pulley...

Seems to be more and more defective Broncos coming out, maybe it's normal if there are more of them or maybe they are getting rushed out and not built properly...
Wait now, lets reel it in a bit. I dont think there are more and more defective Broncos, but you only see/hear from people who have issues. Those who havent had a problem dont say much.
Sponsored

Itsmeclooney

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hi there, Eric! This definitely doesn’t sound like the experience we want you to be having– If you'd like to, go ahead and send a message to us with your VIN and approximate mileage. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist. Thanks!
This is the post you guys choose to respond to?

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Usually when you buy a car/truck, you say to yourself, “I hope I didn’t get a lemon.” You expect it to be a quality experience, but you realize that a dud can pop up occasionally.

This is the first time I’ve bought a vehicle and thought, “I hope I got a good one.” With all the problems I’m hearing, I’m expecting some kind of problem with mine. Never thought this of a brand new car, but I’m a little concerned about taking a long trip.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is the post you guys choose to respond to?
Play nice. We see your dealer of choice, don't make this about that please. You catch more flies with honey.

Sponsored

Bjj101

Outer Banks
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OBX, 2020 Lexus RX450
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Usually when you buy a car/truck, you say to yourself, “I hope I didn’t get a lemon.” You expect it to be a quality experience, but you realize that a dud can pop up occasionally.

This is the first time I’ve bought a vehicle and thought, “I hope I got a good one.” With all the problems I’m hearing, I’m expecting some kind of problem with mine. Never thought this of a brand new car, but I’m a little concerned about taking a long trip.
I can help ease some of your concerns. I've had my OBX since 7/31 and I've driven on highways, backroads, gravel, in mud while filled to the max with camping gear and the occasional mall run. I've had zero issues. Its unfortunate this happened to the OP especially since his planned drive sounds fantastic.

Last edited:

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you Herbie. Very helpful.

It's more than just the allocation change, though, that Ford needs to respond to.
I understand and I agree, but we know it's not going to happen here. I'm just exhausted from all the caustic threads. This is a great Forum and I have learned so much from so many here, but since I joined a year ago, so many of the knowledgeable/helpful contributors have stopped posting and chiming in (maybe left all together, don't know). It just feels that so much of the value of this enthusiast site has been sucked out of the Forum, that's all. Not wanting to argue.

OP
OP
VoltageDrop

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Lucky the FE was parked up front, was too lazy to walk out to mine. What I don't do for you guys....:ROFLMAO:

2.7hose3.jpg

2.7hose4.jpg

2.7hose5.jpg
Thank you so much @flip for those pictures! The crank pulley had a lot of coolant sitting inside it while parked uphill so that area seems likely. I'll show that to the service guys at Stephens.

Yes, I am currently waiting on a tow truck to come down from Danville and bring the Bronco back two hours to Stephens because Mid-State refuses to even do a basic diagnosis until Monday. Stephens was kind enough to offer to pay for the tow but I surely hope @Ford Motor Company will help them out with that.

Sponsored

NatureMan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

1EA12ACC-28DD-4334-96EC-806310BC6484.jpeg

OP
OP
VoltageDrop

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sorry for your misfortune!

I hope it’s a quick and easy fix!
Well, Stephens has a couple demo units on the lot so they can't say they don't have the parts to fix mine! :ROFLMAO:

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

8000' feet of hoses on a 2.7 not shocked lol. I have a lifetime supply of zip ties they come in handy when you deal with racing stuff.
Sponsored