Sponsored

Picked her up today and stranded due to coolant leak. RESOLVED: Secure your coolant hose with a ziptie !

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Lucky the FE was parked up front, was too lazy to walk out to mine. What I don't do for you guys....:ROFLMAO:

2.7hose3.jpg

2.7hose4.jpg

2.7hose5.jpg
You are da man Phil. My wife says I have quite the Redneck Engineering degree, and I see you must have also. I've checked the Rednecks repair manual, and you are spot on in the use of zip ties. That repair should be noted in the re-print of the manul next year. Keep up the good work brother. And, if I ever get my Bronco with the 2.7L I'll have the zip ties in my pocket so the tech can git 'er done........:)

Seriously thank you. At this point in this Bronco fiasco I'd don't have a lot of faith that Ford will do this even after you took the time to report the problem.
Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You are da man Phil. My wife says I have quite the Redneck Engineering degree, and I see you must have also. I've checked the Rednecks repair manual, and you are spot on in the use of zip ties. That repair should be noted in the re-print of the manul next year. Keep up the good work brother. And, if I ever get my Bronco with the 2.7L I'll have the zip ties in my pocket so the tech can git 'er done........:)

Seriously thank you. At this point in this Bronco fiasco I'd don't have a lot of faith that Ford will do this even after you took the time to report the problem.
God forbid they try to do themselves any favors to keep warranty costs down and customer satisfaction up.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

God forbid they try to do themselves any favors to keep warranty costs down and customer satisfaction up.
Why the hell did they put the hose so close to the pulley I wonder

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why the hell did they put the hose so close to the pulley I wonder
I don't think it was intentional design. If I had to guess I'd say some of it is inherent flex in the whole hose web and tolerance for installation. I've seen closer on other vehicles but they were secured by brackets or additional clamps/clips. Just one of those "oh shit" after the fact issues that come up. The important thing is someone in engineering or failure analysis understands how and why it happened then get's with the correct team to fix it. What I've seen is communication between departments at Ford (at least the one's I interact with) has to be some of the worst across any industry in the US.

Sponsored

MZBHAVN

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor, 2016 JKU Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I swap engines for a good time but with a tow allegedly 45 minutes away and having no tools, getting covered in antifreeze with limited clothing was not high on my to-do list. Thanks for the excellent advice, though 👍
Did it get back to SAC and what is the update on issue?

OP
OP
VoltageDrop

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Did it get back to SAC and what is the update on issue?
@flip gets the gold star! A customer who can't take delivery yet donated his hose to my cause and we left Stephens just before 5. Loving the drive! Massive thanks to that customer if you're on here! 🤘

Maybe @Administrator needs to make a PSA about this? It's now part of the PDI process at SAC.

PXL_20211022_192717130.MP.jpg

SVTLightning

Badlands
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@flip gets the gold star! A customer who can't take delivery yet donated his hose to my cause and we left Stephens just before 5. Loving the drive! Massive thanks to that customer if you're on here! 🤘

Maybe @Administrator needs to make a PSA about this? It's now part of the PDI process at SAC.

Ford Bronco Picked her up today and stranded due to coolant leak. RESOLVED: Secure your coolant hose with a ziptie ! PXL_20211022_192717130.MP
That other customer deserves a beer or 12 for this too! Hell of a move to help get you on the road quicker.

Go_Galt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That other customer deserves a beer or 12 for this too! Hell of a move to help get you on the road quicker.
No kidding. After all this, the chances that I'd let anyone cannibalize my build to fix their stuff is 0%.

I nominate whoever it is for sainthood.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

PXL_20211022_192717130.MP.jpg
Wait. You mean you weren’t too dumb or lazy to righty tightly a screwdriver?

RPF

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Raptor 15 Q70S/5.6 19 F-450 21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I went and checked on mine, and it appeared to be touching the A/C Compressor clutch hub. When I felt its hose and braided covering it didn't feel like any damage had taken place, luckily so it was just barely clearing. I put a zip tie around it to keep it well away from the compressor.

I couldn't get the camera down to get a good pic of the problem area, but here is where the zip tie goes around the neighboring intercooler hose.
Ford Bronco Picked her up today and stranded due to coolant leak. RESOLVED: Secure your coolant hose with a ziptie ! IMG_0415

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think it was intentional design. If I had to guess I'd say some of it is inherent flex in the whole hose web and tolerance for installation. I've seen closer on other vehicles but they were secured by brackets or additional clamps/clips. Just one of those "oh shit" after the fact issues that come up. The important thing is someone in engineering or failure analysis understands how and why it happened then get's with the correct team to fix it. What I've seen is communication between departments at Ford (at least the one's I interact with) has to be some of the worst across any industry in the US.
@Ford Motor Company Read this post. Especially the last sentence. And FIX THESE ISSUES!

malt_liqueur

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What I've seen is communication between departments at Ford (at least the one's I interact with) has to be some of the worst across any industry in the US.
sadly I dont think its limited to Ford. Every large company has these issues. Everything is siloed and nobody talks to each other. :(

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

sadly I dont think its limited to Ford. Every large company has these issues. Everything is siloed and nobody talks to each other. :(
It's painful at times because of the additional work it creates for us, because of systems that were supposed to be more efficient that aren't, staffing problems on Ford's end but ultimately don't resolve issues any faster for the customer.

Ford's success and our success is directly tied together. If I can help them make their products better, meaning reduce their expenses and increase customer satisfaction, it's a no brainer. The hard part is seeing things and not being able to get to "the" person in the Ivory Tower that can do something about it. Once in a great while you'll find someone inside that knows their stuff and can do their job. You develop a working relationship with them and one day, poof, they're gone.
Sponsored