Sponsored

Picked her up today and stranded due to coolant leak. RESOLVED: Secure your coolant hose with a ziptie !

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Ford Motor Company Read this post. Especially the last sentence. And FIX THESE ISSUES!
I reached out to them in the hopes this is someone at FMC or engineering that I could help assist on my end. Never responded so I assume this is a Jackson-Dawson person relaying forum info to people at Ford. As much crap as I throw at Ford because of frustrations like this, ultimately, I care deeply about their success. Their win or loss directly impacts mine as well as our mutual customers.
Sponsored

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
A couple of these that have come in had more than an inch of clearance between the hose and pulley, two were less than a half inch.
@flip - Correct me if I'm wrong, the nut on the idler pulley does not rotate. So as long as the hose is off that nut it should be good.
The issue for @VoltageDrop looks like it was back where this same hose crosses the AC compressor pulley. ( to the right of idler ). There is barely room for this hose to cross between the AC pulley and the vertical section of turbo system.
So there is really two points where this hose could be an issue.

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The space is just really tight with a bunch of hoses running through the same area. The hose we tie back is just really close to the pulley. They probably knew this because they have abrasion sleeve on it. Might delay a complete rub through if it just touched a few times but not if it relaxed and laid on it like mine almost did. All the connections are tight, just too much stuff in a very tight space.
I was going to comment on your last line but the wife said not to LOL, keep up the good work Phil you got a lot of good info. 🍍🍕

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Glad you are back on the road OP.

Awesome that your son gets to learn first hand that adventures rarely go in a straight line or as planned.

That can be half the fun. Hope the rest of the trip goes smoothly.

OP
OP
VoltageDrop

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Glad you are back on the road OP.

Awesome that your son gets to learn first hand that adventures rarely go in a straight line or as planned.

That can be half the fun. Hope the rest of the trip goes smoothly.
Thanks! Yes, it was a different kind of adventure but we still had fun. He also learned what not to do in life from the truck driver's ex-wives and prison stories 😳😆We'll drive back out to Bronco Super Celebration in the spring and drive all over the smokies.

We did check out the Corvette museum and it was worth the stop!

900 miles on the ticker and she's home!
PXL_20211023_162333864.MP.jpg
PXL_20211023_222114093.MP.jpg
PXL_20211024_011245793.jpg

Sponsored

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks! Yes, it was a different kind of adventure but we still had fun. He also learned what not to do in life from the truck driver's ex-wives and prison stories 😳😆We'll drive back out to Bronco Super Celebration in the spring and drive all over the smokies.

We did check out the Corvette museum and it was worth the stop!

900 miles on the ticker and she's home!
Ford Bronco Picked her up today and stranded due to coolant leak. RESOLVED: Secure your coolant hose with a ziptie ! PXL_20211024_011245793
Ford Bronco Picked her up today and stranded due to coolant leak. RESOLVED: Secure your coolant hose with a ziptie ! PXL_20211024_011245793
I see your next adventure ☝

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@flip - Correct me if I'm wrong, the nut on the idler pulley does not rotate. So as long as the hose is off that nut it should be good.
The issue for @VoltageDrop looks like it was back where this same hose crosses the AC compressor pulley. ( to the right of idler ). There is barely room for this hose to cross between the AC pulley and the vertical section of turbo system.
So there is really two points where this hose could be an issue.
Correct, nut doesnt move but the failure is coming from rubbing on that pulley or a/c pulley. Every 2.7 bronco we get in gets the zip tie regardless of how close the hose is or until Ford corrects the issue.

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@flip gets the gold star! A customer who can't take delivery yet donated his hose to my cause and we left Stephens just before 5. Loving the drive! Massive thanks to that customer if you're on here! 🤘

Maybe @Administrator needs to make a PSA about this? It's now part of the PDI process at SAC.

And this is why folks are working with dealers like Stephens. Doing the right thing for the customer.

Bolter

Outer Banks
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
[Update 10/22]
As @flip illustrated in posts #20 and #25 of this thread, the issue was a coolant hose rubbing the A/C compressor pulley. The fine folks at Stephens secured a replacement hose from another Bronco and had me on my way in an hour. Securing this hose is now part of their PDI process.

[Original post - 10/21]
The roller coaster continues! My son and I flew into WV last night and after a great experience at Stephens we were looking forward to crossing several states and stopping in the smokies on the way back to Arkansas. We did not get out of WV. ☹

John plotted us an awesome trek across WV and 73 miles into it as we were pulling into the New River Gorge visitor center I could smell coolant. Damn! After requesting a tow via FordPass (around 2:30) I started having flashbacks as my tow ETA was pushed back several times, stringing me along just like my delivery ETA did. After a couple hours of this (now 4:30) I called the (nearest) dealer I had chosen in the app and they informed me they don't do loaner cars. WTF! Tanis at Stephens scrambled for me and found a dealer 20 minutes the other way who can get me a car in the morning so I called Ford and told them to update to that one. Four hours after I called for assistance the tow truck showed up. 👎

I hope it's a quick fix tomorrow morning or I'm in a bad spot. It was really fun while it lasted, though, and it looks so awesome!

Thank you very much for this tip! My new OBX had clearance but I felt better tying the hose back with a heavy zip tie. I sent the pics and info to my dealer so they can add this to the PDI. I've added a couple pics I hope help to orient people. The first is the general area where the hose is located and the second shows the hoses to tie together if they aren't already. Great tip thank you!

B9F47B2D-7F6D-4062-9D7C-FDA1171F9481.jpeg

14F8A25D-D7D2-4591-B4A6-31A887B0BF0B.jpeg

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went and checked on mine, and it appeared to be touching the A/C Compressor clutch hub. When I felt its hose and braided covering it didn't feel like any damage had taken place, luckily so it was just barely clearing. I put a zip tie around it to keep it well away from the compressor.

I couldn't get the camera down to get a good pic of the problem area, but here is where the zip tie goes around the neighboring intercooler hose.
Ford Bronco Picked her up today and stranded due to coolant leak. RESOLVED: Secure your coolant hose with a ziptie ! 14F8A25D-D7D2-4591-B4A6-31A887B0BF0B
You might want to use a black zip tie instead of a white one. The white one's tend to degrade much faster that the black zip ties. Granted you don't get much UV exposure under the hood but I'm thinking the white one's are not as heat resistant either.

Sponsored

RPF

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Raptor 15 Q70S/5.6 19 F-450 21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
You might want to use a black zip tie instead of a white one. The white one's tend to degrade much faster that the black zip ties. Granted you don't get much UV exposure under the hood but I'm thinking the white one's are not as heat resistant either.
It's all I had available to me, and narrower than I would like as well. I plan on updating it when I change the oil next.

Bolter

Outer Banks
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
One of the downsides of being the "first on the block" - they take a bit to work the bugs out.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just picked up my 10/1 Built Badlands 2.7 today. I was prepared with zip ties but Ford installed this widget to hold this hose back.

Ford Bronco Picked her up today and stranded due to coolant leak. RESOLVED: Secure your coolant hose with a ziptie ! 474F9C24-5EF4-4ECC-8A79-DA4F0B9432DD
Can you get a shot that shows the pulley? Curious to see how far the hose is held away now.
Sponsored