Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Daimond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was contemplating giving it up on the way there - the spend while more than doable felt unwise.

That all went out the door when I saw it. I fell in love -

I wish I could say the delivery process was smooth. It started out that way until the pricing doc was presented. While the 22 to 22.5 price protection was included, my 21 to 22 price protection was not - even though I told them a few days ago that the cert existed.

They checked on it and then the manager comes over and said I couldn't have both protection discounts. We went back and forth and he eventually calls his GM who tells him I can't have the 22.5 one, but could get the 21 one.

It looked like the deal was going to be put on hold until Monday so they could figure it out. Naturally I got anxious with all the stories about dealers snaking Broncos. That anxiety turned to frustration which was apparent.

It was eventually resolved as we sat at my salesperson's desk reading their discount codes. We found the one for the MY22.5 and while I will admit that the language was a bit unclear, we found the language that cleared it all up.

My issue there isn't with my salesperson (he was great) or the manager (he was patient through my frustration). It is with Ford. How is it that the dealers have to be told the process by the customer? Training and communication stinks.

Just another fail by Ford when it doesn't have to be that way -

At any rate, here she is -

Ford Bronco Picked up Bronco today - 20220521_191633
Ford Bronco Picked up Bronco today - 20220521_191656
Sponsored

Last edited:

mrxg78

Badlands
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Beautiful 😍
Congratulations

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Very nice 👍

Sponsored
OP
OP
jnew71

jnew71

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Daimond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Great outcome in the end, hope @Ford Motor Company gets your feedback on communicating important procedures to their dealers. Customers shouldn't be explaining Ford processes and procedures to dealers.
Yep - these are easy fixes. There are dealers that want to do the right thing - mine did, but wasn't equipped well enough by Ford and that almost ruined a the experience

Blue Hen

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
I contacted my dealer that the vehicle was getting built week of 5/9. So lets get the ball rolling. Let's get the paperwork and price protection process started. Nope won't do anything until invoice. I have a feeling price protection is going to be an issue. 22 to 22.5 base price and destination has gone up. 21 to 22 base price has gone up too. Since I'm a reservation holder 7/17/21. I had to wait a model year to order my bronco, manual Sasquatch. I'm not out to get anything over on the dealer. The dealer should be getting the money back from Ford. Anyone out there that has gone through this process want to share their experience?

GroovyGhost

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah - all discounts applied.
As I understand it, there are no rebate certs for MY 22.5. It's up to the dealer to honor the price at time of order and then apply the MY21 price protection cert. That is what I read here, and that is what my dealer did. Who can say any more.

Sponsored
OP
OP
jnew71

jnew71

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Daimond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As I understand it, there are no rebate certs for MY 22.5. It's up to the dealer to honor the price at time of order and then apply the MY21 price protection cert. That is what I read here, and that is what my dealer did. Who can say any more.
Right - there is no cert for 22.5. The completed sale is essentially the cert. Once it's completed they get reimbursed from Ford.

8cam

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Ford documentation on price protection is confusing. On the one hand it says if you placed an order OR reservation prior to 5/19/2021 you qualify for price protection. But then on the actual table of benefits it says if you placed an ORDER prior to 5/19/2021. For my order, 2 door badlands, it lists a benefit of $2975. But my dealer is telling me even though my reservation was very early, because I didn’t finalize the order until 10/21 that I only get 900 bucks. Not happy but I may be stuck with it.

OP
OP
jnew71

jnew71

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Daimond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The Ford documentation on price protection is confusing. On the one hand it says if you placed an order OR reservation prior to 5/19/2021 you qualify for price protection. But then on the actual table of benefits it says if you placed an ORDER prior to 5/19/2021. For my order, 2 door badlands, it lists a benefit of $2975. But my dealer is telling me even though my reservation was very early, because I didn’t finalize the order until 10/21 that I only get 900 bucks. Not happy but I may be stuck with it.
That is not true - the discount code that they have is clear once you dig in a bit. I wish I could remember the code #'s so you can guide your dealer. Don't settle - it took us a while of talking in circles, but we got there.

Blue Hen

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hi Jeff
Anyway you could talk with your dealer and see if they will give you the discount code. I feel we are at the mercy of the dealer. We waited so long for our Broncos that we all will make compromises just to get the keys in our hands. I feel confident that my dealer will honor every discount available but it would help me and others for any information.
Sponsored