Sponsored

Picked up Bronco yesterday, 8" screen won't turn on/is black this morning?

PartyMarty

Black Diamond
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Black Bear, 2009 VW Rabbit
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

First of all, I'm incredibly happy with the Bronco and it is everything I expected. All was working well yesterday. Then this morning, I went for a 30 minute drive to pick up kolaches, and when I came back to start the Bronco, the 8" screen stayed black. The AC/climate controls still respond, but I cannot see what they are at exactly. Ford tech support said to open door, start car, turn off car, lock car, then close the driver door, wait two minutes, and restart the car. This brought the screen up for about 10 seconds (frozen on the initial rock display), then the screen went blank. I have already tried disconnecting the negative terminal of the battery for about 10 minutes, and pressed and held the power/volume button and forward scan button down together for 10 seconds without success. Any other advice or things to try before I make the 50 minute trek out to the dealership? (obviously they're closed today). Disconnecting and reconnecting amplifier/sync4 fuses?

I also meant to add that the remote start on the key fob doesn't seem to work, but it does remote start through the app.... weird. Thanks in advance! 4dr soft BD sas mid pkg if it matters.
Sponsored

Last edited:

umpire19

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sorry I just saw you tried that power button thing. My bad. 😒

greatlakes

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67 Buick Special
Your Bronco Model
Base
The bolts holding the fuse box in the engine compartment are tight? Loose bolts/grounds have caused issues with others electronics.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As far as the remote start, are you pushing the lock button first and then the start button twice?

Sponsored

Pjhatlanta

Black Diamond
First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
First of all, I'm incredibly happy with the Bronco and it is everything I expected. All was working well yesterday. Then this morning, I went for a 30 minute drive to pick up kolaches, and when I came back to start the Bronco, the 8" screen stayed black. The AC/climate controls still respond, but I cannot see what they are at exactly. Ford tech support said to open door, start car, turn off car, lock car, then close the driver door, wait two minutes, and restart the car. This brought the screen up for about 10 seconds (frozen on the initial rock display), then the screen went blank. I have already tried disconnecting the negative terminal of the battery for about 10 minutes, and pressed and held the power/volume button and forward scan button down together for 10 seconds without success. Any other advice or things to try before I make the 50 minute trek out to the dealership? (obviously they're closed today). Disconnecting and reconnecting amplifier/sync4 fuses?

I also meant to add that the remote start on the key fob doesn't seem to work, but it does remote start through the app.... weird. Thanks in advance! 4dr soft BD sas mid pkg if it matters.
This just happened to me to. On same model. I tried all the same things you did as well. I’m taking it to the dealer today. Let me know if anything worked for you. I am assuming it is the fuse. I’ll keep u posted too

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Hi Marty. This doesn't sound like an experience we want you to have with your Bronco. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd like to see how I can assist you on my end.

OP
OP
PartyMarty

PartyMarty

Black Diamond
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hi Marty. This doesn't sound like an experience we want you to have with your Bronco. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd like to see how I can assist you on my end.
PM sent, thank you!

OP
OP
PartyMarty

PartyMarty

Black Diamond
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This just happened to me to. On same model. I tried all the same things you did as well. I’m taking it to the dealer today. Let me know if anything worked for you. I am assuming it is the fuse. I’ll keep u posted too
I'm taking it to the dealer for their soonest appointment on Thursday. On the positive side, the back up camera did start working after usingI did figure out the remote start - I simply wasn't pressing the lock button before remote starting - user error haha.

Edit: just went to start it up this morning. Nothing (no backup camera even), then held the volume/power and forward scan buttons for 10 seconds (I see the charge ports flash off then on, but those ports won't charge my phone), then the stereo comes on and starts playing spotify from my iphone with the screen completely black. Weird... progress with each restart I guess, but I'm still gonna take it in on Thursday.

Sponsored
OP
OP
PartyMarty

PartyMarty

Black Diamond
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The bolts holding the fuse box in the engine compartment are tight? Loose bolts/grounds have caused issues with others electronics.
I did check the fuse box. While I didn't remove any fuses, I did make sure they were all in there tight. It seems to be a software issue as doing a restart (power/volume and forward scan buttons held down for 10 secs together) will make the screen slowly come on, but just freeze and go black. I did get spotify to come on the speakers with a black screen this morning though... progress, haha

OP
OP
PartyMarty

PartyMarty

Black Diamond
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As far as the remote start, are you pushing the lock button first and then the start button twice?
Nope, I wasn't - am dumb - remote start works just fine. Thank you for pointing out I need to hit the lock button first!! (it's weird, bc you don't have to do that with other vehicles with remote start, as long as the car is already locked, the remote start function will work).

Min_Ahn

Badlands
First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang, 2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If your audio and spotify works and the hard reset did its thing, the screen itself is most likely defective. Ford QC tho..

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
This just happend to my 2021 Ford bronco base model .
Sponsored