Sponsored

Picked up First Edition (LB + Black interior) How do I get in while waiting for Running Boards

MontyMoose

First Edition
First Name
Monty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Road Glide, 2018 F-150, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My partner is ~5'4" and the solution we found that worked best for her (while waiting for the tube steps to come in) was to use her left hand to grab the roll-bar just inside the door to do like a pull up (as the hard top doesn't directly sit on the top of said roll-bar) while pushing on the floor with her left leg and pulling herself in with her right hand and the dash-mounted grab handle. may have to try several different times to find the grab points that work best.
Sponsored

Outbound Exploration

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Sonic Hatchback RS, Looking to upgrade to Bronco*
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I use the grab handle next to the ac vent to help lift myself up and in the vehicle.

Same! I at first was trying not to but ended up saying screw it and now its routine to get in and I'm 5'11 šŸ˜­

OP
OP
AD-CLE

AD-CLE

First Edition
First Name
AD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I got a small step stool and I put it down for her to get in/out and carry it in the back seat. Itā€™s either that or no Bronco.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Seems kinda funny people having trouble getting into tall vehicles, especially since we did just fine as kids getting into vehicles that were proportionally tall.

It reminds me of a back country horse back trip I did in BC years ago. Everyone thought itā€™d be funny to put me on the tallest horse since I was the shortest guy. Horse was a huge mountain horse at least 18 hands. I had to get on and off with a stump or a very steep bank. I could fall off him, but I couldnā€™t fall on. Everyone got a laugh out of me looking for stumps. So, my advice is park next to stumps.

Sponsored

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G2 Raptor, GT350, Land Rover SERIES and DEFENDER
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
We're working feverishly on drop brackets for our AR | STIRRUPS. I'm thinking this is exactly what you need. Those OEM rock rail, although they are very cool for rock crawling, they are terrible for day to day use.

Happy

Black Diamond
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ5, Wagoneer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
We have actually thought of a step with a rope on it.
I am over 6 ft and can get in sorta..OK...sorta climb/ slide. My wife is short and we use a milk crate.

If AR Industries does well(and soon) it will be welcome. I would tire quickly is our Black Diamond was our everyday driver. Jumping in and out multible times is moredifficult than a normal vehicle.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I may of seen you today, head toward Youngstown around 1pm-2pm today?

Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have an OBX with the tube step, and granted it is on 32s, at 5-11 I find it more comfortable to step over it and right in. My wife is 5-4 and uses the step but finds it a bit awkward. A power stem might come lower and more away from the body.
Exactly same here. I only use side steps if I am getting something out of the middle of back. But wife uses side step and grab handle which ought to be where pillar air bag is

OP
OP
AD-CLE

AD-CLE

First Edition
First Name
AD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I seen a LB FE getting off I80 as I was getting on from I76. Thought it might be you.
Thanks for thinking of me.
it wasnt me, ill mostly be selling the car in the next few days so wont be me going forward either :(

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Thanks for thinking of me.
it wasnt me, ill mostly be selling the car in the next few days so wont be me going forward either :(
Not happy with it? Or an offer your couldnā€™t refuse?

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor 2021 Bronco 4-Door FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Finally!!! Picked up on 11/5 Day 1 order and allā€¦
looks amazing and is different than anything else I have ever driven.

how are most people getting in? It came with rock rails Iā€™ll have to swap them out with running boards but it will be a month before I can get them installed using FordPass points.
I am 5ā€™8 and am struggling and my 5ā€™3 wife struggles even more.

Ford Bronco Picked up First Edition (LB + Black interior) How do I get in while waiting for Running Boards B4F95E72-9544-4B3E-96A9-48C0ACFF55D4

Ford Bronco Picked up First Edition (LB + Black interior) How do I get in while waiting for Running Boards B4F95E72-9544-4B3E-96A9-48C0ACFF55D4

Go rhino d6 dominator steps with optional detachable 4" drop steps. Makes getting in and out a breeze and look good on a fe also!
https://www.stage3motorsports.com/d...RpSFjgHZGsr1tJjVQleDKCbfW_inX4WRoCdw4QAvD_BwE

https://www.stage3motorsports.com/d64129t-go-rhino-black-dominator-extreme-d6.html
Sponsored