Sponsored

Picked up my base 4dr yesterday, first impressions.

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
  • Banned
I picked up my 4dr Base yesterday. The only options are the modular bumper, brush guard and aux switches. It had 9 miles showing on the odometer when I drove off the lot. The trip home was 60 miles, about half urban stop & go traffic and two lane highway. My first impression looking over the vehicle in the delivery bay is there is nothing tiny about the base 255 series tires. They are massive compared to the 205/65R16 tires on my sedan. I was also surprised how high up the base is, plenty high for me and quelled thoughts of upgrading the wheels and tires, at least for now. When I got home it had 70 miles showing on the odometer and 21.8 MPG. That includes quite a bit of idling at the dealership. The drive home, I was most impressed with the steering response. It drives straight and true and there is plenty of feedback. This vehicle is agile and can be tossed around easily, more fun to drive than my Mazda6 sedan. As expected there is quite a bit of wind noise coming through the soft top, but road noise is almost non existent, which makes the wind noise more apparent. The AS tires probably have something to do with that. Aside from the wind noise there was no unexpected squeaks or rattles. I didn't punch the vehicle at all, but it feels plenty powerful. Having never been a fan of touchscreens in cars, this system is a home run. I hate having to configure and setup things, but this system is intuitive and works well. They did a perfect job of blending old school buttons for HVAC and radio with the tech. For a base model this thing is loaded with features! I'm more than happy with the interior hard plastic and all. It works and fits the bronco theme, I don't understand all the fuss about not being luxury in a vehicle all about off-roading. I get it you can spend $60K and some expect mushy panels and wood accents at that price, but you can get a Bronco for $36K and that is a 4Dr with a few options. The switchgear feels and works great, and is in the right place. Overall I believe I got a great value, it would be hard to get any 4WD truck for less, most are much more expensive. I ordered just last December 1st with no reservation. A week later dropped the MIC top and immediately got scheduled for Jan 31. It arrived at the dealership March 8th. A special callout to Baxter Ford West Dodge in Omaha. Everything went smooth. We agreed on MSRP and that is what I paid, no financing, no trade and no extra add ons.

Ford Bronco Picked up my base 4dr yesterday, first impressions. 1646927091464
Sponsored

BobT

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Very nice ride

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 Land Rover 90 p/u, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I dig the base and it's simple old school persona, cool looking ride. Congrats!

Justin_Kane

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti Q50
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone know if the brush guard comes with all modular steel bumpers? Surprised to see it on a Base, maybe I missed that one before. Nice color!

alfiefmc

Badlands
First Name
Alfie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Badlands - 23 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone know if the brush guard comes with all modular steel bumpers? Surprised to see it on a Base, maybe I missed that one before. Nice color!
Brush guard is an available add on to the modular bumper.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I picked up my 4dr Base yesterday. The only options are the modular bumper, brush guard and aux switches. It had 9 miles showing on the odometer when I drove off the lot. The trip home was 60 miles, about half urban stop & go traffic and two lane highway. My first impression looking over the vehicle in the delivery bay is there is nothing tiny about the base 255 series tires. They are massive compared to the 205/65R16 tires on my sedan. I was also surprised how high up the base is, plenty high for me and quelled thoughts of upgrading the wheels and tires, at least for now. When I got home it had 70 miles showing on the odometer and 21.8 MPG. That includes quite a bit of idling at the dealership. The drive home, I was most impressed with the steering response. It drives straight and true and there is plenty of feedback. This vehicle is agile and can be tossed around easily, more fun to drive than my Mazda6 sedan. As expected there is quite a bit of wind noise coming through the soft top, but road noise is almost non existent, which makes the wind noise more apparent. The AS tires probably have something to do with that. Aside from the wind noise there was no unexpected squeaks or rattles. I didn't punch the vehicle at all, but it feels plenty powerful. Having never been a fan of touchscreens in cars, this system is a home run. I hate having to configure and setup things, but this system is intuitive and works well. They did a perfect job of blending old school buttons for HVAC and radio with the tech. For a base model this thing is loaded with features! I'm more than happy with the interior hard plastic and all. It works and fits the bronco theme, I don't understand all the fuss about not being luxury in a vehicle all about off-roading. I get it you can spend $60K and some expect mushy panels and wood accents at that price, but you can get a Bronco for $36K and that is a 4Dr with a few options. The switchgear feels and works great, and is in the right place. Overall I believe I got a great value, it would be hard to get any 4WD truck for less, most are much more expensive. I ordered just last December 1st with no reservation. A week later dropped the MIC top and immediately got scheduled for Jan 31. It arrived at the dealership March 8th. A special callout to Baxter Ford West Dodge in Omaha. Everything went smooth. We agreed on MSRP and that is what I paid, no financing, no trade and no extra add ons.

Ford Bronco Picked up my base 4dr yesterday, first impressions. 1646927091464
Congratulations on your new ride, enjoy!
Sponsored