Sponsored

Picked up my bronco then got into a small fender bender. (Dashcam)

Allenm7

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Need some advice,

Got into a fender bender, only a couple days after I picked up my 2 year old reservation. The Luck!

Some dude was in a hurry and tried to force his way into my lane. We made light contact and the dude tried to run away but I managed to catch him because he made a turn into a dead end street. He was very apologetic for everything. We talked and i decided, no harm no foul, so I didnt get his info but he doesn't know i have dash cam. I have a sasquach so the rubber on the tires took the hit. There was only light rubbing on the sidewall, no damage to anything else on the vehicle.

I am not sure if I should pursue with a claim through my insurance? I know I should have exchanged info to be sure, as a precaution. I do have his plates. I have no damage, the tire looks good, all is well on my end. Leave it be or call insurance as a precaution?

Sponsored

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don't understand why you wouldn't get info. I'd want to nail their ass for leaving the scene of an accident.

Sponsored

mountainbronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hit and runners are the worst kind. One cost me thousands a few years back. His acceleration after sideswipe, then taking first exit shows he is one if those. He had no info how badly damaged your rig was. You need to go to police, if not for yourself then for the next victim, cause he will do it again.

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You said no harm, no foul. No damage to your Bronco's wheel, body or flair.

Without pictures, Scuff marks on your sidewalls are really no biggie, you'll probably do worse rock crawling or rubbing the curbs at mall or Rodeo Drive.

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First thought is, no big deal BUT if he ran...... If they ran then I would have to do something. Mistakes happen, but that's a driver who doesn't give a crap about others.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The fact that he ran would mean zero sympathy. The only reason he was apologetic is because you caught up to him. Report his ass for leaving the scene of an accident. Next time his disregard for others on the road may not end so well.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Just based on the fact that he continued to drive like an asshole even after the hit I'd want to make sure nothing was damaged and even if it's a wheel alignment, I'd make him pay and maybe realize to stop driving like an asshole. If you're in a smaller vehicle and maybe you aren't as fortunate to just drive away.

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I’d pull the flare off and make sure there’s no damage to the flare or the attachment points on the fender.

You may be fine, in which case you already let him go, so I would move on. Last two incidents with my Jeep were tire only on my side.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If everything looks good or can be rubbed out in a couple minutes I’d just forget about it and move on. No point donating any mental space over some asshole. Guys lucky you didn’t pit him.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Need some advice,

Got into a fender bender, only a couple days after I picked up my 2 year old reservation. The Luck!

Some dude was in a hurry and tried to force his way into my lane. We made light contact and the dude tried to run away but I managed to catch him because he made a turn into a dead end street. He was very apologetic for everything. We talked and i decided, no harm no foul, so I didnt get his info but he doesn't know i have dash cam. I have a sasquach so the rubber on the tires took the hit. There was only light rubbing on the sidewall, no damage to anything else on the vehicle.

I am not sure if I should pursue with a claim through my insurance? I know I should have exchanged info to be sure, as a precaution. I do have his plates. I have no damage, the tire looks good, all is well on my end. Leave it be or call insurance as a precaution?

you're wrong about "no harm no foul " someone hits you and leaves the scene that's a problem.

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Regardless of insurance (people like that make rates high) I'd report him to police, what an ass, at highway speed too

Glad he wasn't armed and dangerous when you caught up to him, but he's not your friend even if very apologetic that he got caught

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Need some advice,

Always always always get a police report. You dont have to do anything with ins if you decide not to but always have that report. You have no idea if his nameis who he says he is or if its his car or if he stole it. Always get one. As others said,dont chase anyone. Road rage leads to bad outcomes. I dontthink your dash cam proves any damage. Police report was your friend. Too late.
Sponsored