First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yesterday I took a ride to Chapman’s Jeep in PA to pick up my wife’s 392 wrangler. If anyone has any questions about the Jeep or Chapman I’ll be happy to answer.

Ford Bronco Picked up my wife’s 392 Wrangler. Some comparisons to my First Edition Bronco 35797137-6BF5-4D82-B848-896F2643298F

Ford Bronco Picked up my wife’s 392 Wrangler. Some comparisons to my First Edition Bronco B827F54B-00A9-4466-96EE-E4FF6AD477B6

Ford Bronco Picked up my wife’s 392 Wrangler. Some comparisons to my First Edition Bronco 42EE7670-0A5F-4730-A45B-FF8C7CC4109F

Ford Bronco Picked up my wife’s 392 Wrangler. Some comparisons to my First Edition Bronco 918C1EF0-11A5-4FB4-AAA2-2348F5C8EDF1

dfee5cb6-abc9-46a8-a6b4-3ec123b22d3f-jpeg.jpg

Some Q&A:

cool... so what are your impressions after driving it?
The powers intoxicating, the steering is pretty bad, the materials they chose for the interior are perfect, and the seats suck.

Looks to be vibration free at 75!
Smooth for now, the ride is really nice.

Nice looking Jeep. I love the colour too!

I found the quality of the seats in my 2020 Jeep GC Trailhawk to be crap too. I feel like the power would be a lot of fun, however I test drove a 4xe and found it drove very rough. Very happy with the Bronco from a ride quality standpoint (early days, I know).
4xE is pretty heavy with the battery’s I’m sure that effect the ride. The Jeeps ride is better than the broncos imo.

In what way?
It takes the bumps better than the bronco. I’m not talking about the butthole steering it has.

did you buy it for your wife because you wanted it .
lol maybe, in all honesty the bronco was to be hers but it didn’t have enough power for her. So I kept the bronco and ordered her the wrangler. I’m fully looking forward to the bronco raptor though.

I like how the FE literally got kicked to the curb.
My 2.0, and several others Ive seen in person look exactly like that.
Lol no way the broncos my favorite it drives so nice compared to the jeep. The broncos interior needs some work imo. Mainly the dash materials could of been way nicer.

You just lost all credibility there, if solid axles with 100+ year old steering tech that wanders all over the freeway is your definition of a good ride.
Drive Definition- operate and control the direction and speed of a motor vehicle.

Ride quality definition- Ride quality refers to a vehicle's effectiveness in insulating the occupants from undulations in the road surface.A vehicle with good ride quality provides a comfort for the driver and passengers

The Jeep rides better than the bronco. It does not drive better than the bronco.

Love the colors of your vehicles. How does the Jeep sound? My 09 is ok but I did do after market exhaust so a bit fake.
It sounds amazing, we traded her grand Cherokee Srt and it’s a night and day difference. Plus it’s an active exhaust, when you’d want it quiet like on the freeway it goes near silent.

Now that is one badass driveway.
Thank you, no kids yet +60 hour work weeks. The drive to work is the only enjoyment I have.

A couple of things to check that can improve drive quality (it still won't be as good as IFS - but these can really help)
Check the tire psi - many come from the dealer WAY over inflated (mine were at 49psi)

It's my understanding the 392 comes with the same lower control arms as all the other models. I betting your caster is under 5.5 degrees. That will contribute to a vauge steering feel. Spring for the longer mopar arms (for the 2" lift). $60 will put you around 6 degrees and make a noticible improvement. Check the # stamped on the inside of the lca to be sure though....
68322798AA is the one you want
They had my tires set to 39lbs, I’ve been thinking of taking them down to 35. I think your right. The “lift” is only springs and shocks/struts. It goes straight down the road the play in the wheel causes it to react slow imo. It just needs tightened up some. I was thinking of trying to sway bar reinforcement and sector shaft brace.

you guys got you a really nice rig there
Thank you, we’re both happy with it. I still prefer my bronco over the wrangler though. The wrangler reminds me of an old school vehicle and it’s not a bad thing necessarily. Fast loud and unpredictable.

"Except for the MPG". I wonder how it compares to the Bronco? The Broncos from what I have ready get only 16-17 (2.7). Would the 392 get the same only it has that much more power? And also that the Jeep is perhaps lighter?
The wrangler weighs 6100lbs the Bronco 4 door squatched weighs 5860. On the way home the wrangler got 15mpg the bronco on the same trip got 20-21mpg.

Picked mine up 2 weeks ago. Loving it! The V8 is wonderful, steering isn’t bad at all to me. I’ve been daily driving a F250 for the past 7 years so maybe that sways my driving opinion some. 3.5” lift and 37s go on this week :cool: So far I’m getting 11.5mpg with a lot of stop and go traffic. Totally worth it! I’ll still lurk here from time to time because my GF has a 2 door BaseSquatch on order.
232BEAAD-1919-4BD1-AB46-6791F337228A.jpeg
I’m comparing it directly to my bronco. So far I’ve clocked 2700 miles on it the seats are wayyy better in the bronco. Also the lane keep in the bronco always warns me to keep my hands on the steering wheel because I’m not moving it, that’s how well it tracks down the road. I love them both And look forward to the bronco raptor.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

WildTrak

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Looks to be vibration free at 75!

OP
OP

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The powers intoxicating, the steering is pretty bad, the materials they chose for the interior are perfect, and the seats suck.

Sponsored

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Love the color, but the bolded is not a good combination.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I found the quality of the seats in my 2020 Jeep GC Trailhawk to be crap too. I feel like the power would be a lot of fun, however I test drove a 4xe and found it drove very rough. Very happy with the Bronco from a ride quality standpoint (early days, I know).

OP
OP

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

4xE is pretty heavy with the battery’s I’m sure that effect the ride. The Jeeps ride is better than the broncos imo.

Sponsored