First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL. Land Rover Discovery Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Drive Definition- operate and control the direction and speed of a motor vehicle.

Ride quality definition- Ride quality refers to a vehicle's effectiveness in insulating the occupants from undulations in the road surface.A vehicle with good ride quality provides a comfort for the driver and passengers

The Jeep rides better than the bronco. It does not drive better than the bronco.
A couple of things to check that can improve drive quality (it still won't be as good as IFS - but these can really help)
Check the tire psi - many come from the dealer WAY over inflated (mine were at 49psi)

It's my understanding the 392 comes with the same lower control arms as all the other models. I betting your caster is under 5.5 degrees. That will contribute to the drifting steering feel. Spring for the longer mopar arms (for the 2" lift). $60 will put you around 6 degrees and make a noticible improvement. Check the # stamped on the inside of the lca to be sure though....
68322798AA is the one you want

OP
OP

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
A couple of things to check that can improve drive quality (it still won't be as good as IFS - but these can really help)
Check the tire psi - many come from the dealer WAY over inflated (mine were at 49psi)

It's my understanding the 392 comes with the same lower control arms as all the other models. I betting your caster is under 5.5 degrees. That will contribute to a vauge steering feel. Spring for the longer mopar arms (for the 2" lift). $60 will put you around 6 degrees and make a noticible improvement. Check the # stamped on the inside of the lca to be sure though....
68322798AA is the one you want
They had my tires set to 39lbs, I’ve been thinking of taking them down to 35. I think your right. The “lift” is only springs and shocks/struts. It goes straight down the road the play in the wheel causes it to react slow imo. It just needs tightened up some. I was thinking of trying to sway bar reinforcement and sector shaft brace.

Lazerus

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL. Land Rover Discovery Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
They had my tires set to 39lbs, I’ve been thinking of taking them down to 35. I think your right. The “lift” is only springs and shocks/struts. It goes straight down the road the play in the wheel causes it to react slow imo. It just needs tightened up some. I was thinking of trying to sway bar reinforcement and sector shaft brace.
It will be happier around 35/36 psi.

If the caster is right the steering will not only tighten up, but it will want to return to center when cornering, rather than feeling like you have to move it back to center.

It's been known to be an issue with the rubi's since the JL came out and no one can figure out why the longer LCA's aren't simply stock on those suspensions. It's not like it's a specialty part - it's made for the Mopar lift...

OP
OP

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It will be happier around 35/36 psi.

If the caster is right the steering will not only tighten up, but it will want to return to center when cornering, rather than feeling like you have to move it back to center.

It's been known to be an issue with the rubi's since the JL came out and no one can figure out why the longer LCA's aren't simply stock on those suspensions. It's not like it's a specialty part - it's made for the Mopar lift...
I’ll have to order LCAs then. Anything to save a buck so upper mgt get their 7 figure bonus’s.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
you guys got you a really nice rig there
Thank you, we’re both happy with it. I still prefer my bronco over the wrangler though. The wrangler reminds me of an old school vehicle and it’s not a bad thing necessarily. Fast loud and unpredictable.

Ice Age

Raptor
First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Thank you, we’re both happy with it. I still prefer my bronco over the wrangler though. The wrangler reminds me of an old school vehicle and it’s not a bad thing necessarily. Fast loud and unpredictable.
It’s awesome to be able to own different vehicles that’s what makes life fun😎

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ah yes. The good old DINK days.
One of the favorite mods I did to my Rock Crawler is this sticker.
Ford Bronco Picked up my wife’s 392 Wrangler. Some comparisons to my First Edition Bronco 1642388717976

:ROFLMAO:

@Monster1926 I have to admit, I sat in your 392 before you and your wife did.
While I was waiting to sign the paperwork on my Gladiator, [Jan 8] your 392 was inside the dealership and I hopped into it. It did not have a Sold sign on it, or if it did, I missed it.
Anyway, That thing is sweet. Color is killer and the rims really pop on it. Congrats!!

I concur with some others. My Gladiator was drifting a little and the tire pressure was high. I dropped it down to 35psi and it helped.

I also agree with you on the feel. Compared to my wife's Ranger which is ifs, the Gladiator just absorbs the bumps in the road so much better, whereas you feel a slight jarring hit in the Ranger's front end. At the same time, the Ranger's steering is tighter.

I am sure this is really no different than your FE Bronco compared to the 392.

I've seen a bunch of people add a Fox Steering Stabilizer to that Mopar lift and swear it makes a big difference. You could try that before attempting the LCA's and/or steering brace as it's a super easy DIY swap.

jd-ford-hd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘16 Explorer, ‘13 F150, ‘99 F350, '74 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Totally amazed at the lack of flaming for posting this on a Bronco forum.! Proud of you guys.! 😂😁:ROFLMAO::LOL:

Sponsored
OP
OP

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
One of the favorite mods I did to my Rock Crawler is this sticker.
1642388717976.png

:ROFLMAO:

@Monster1926 I have to admit, I sat in your 392 before you and your wife did.
While I was waiting to sign the paperwork on my Gladiator, [Jan 8] your 392 was inside the dealership and I hopped into it. It did not have a Sold sign on it, or if it did, I missed it.
Anyway, That thing is sweet. Color is killer and the rims really pop on it. Congrats!!

I concur with some others. My Gladiator was drifting a little and the tire pressure was high. I dropped it down to 35psi and it helped.

I also agree with you on the feel. Compared to my wife's Ranger which is ifs, the Gladiator just absorbs the bumps in the road so much better, whereas you feel a slight jarring hit in the Ranger's front end. At the same time, the Ranger's steering is tighter.

I am sure this is really no different than your FE Bronco compared to the 392.

I've seen a bunch of people add a Fox Steering Stabilizer to that Mopar lift and swear it makes a big difference. You could try that before attempting the LCA's and/or steering brace as it's a super easy DIY swap.
The one in the showroom was still there. Mine was sitting outside filthy. I’m gonna take Lazerus advice and get adjustable LCA. I planned on a metal cloak 3.5 lift so I’ll stick with them.

Ford Bronco Picked up my wife’s 392 Wrangler. Some comparisons to my First Edition Bronco 8167EBF6-1FDD-4539-81C2-F7C0D9307661

Vantcrst

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Ford F-150, Mercedes 4x4 Sprinter Van,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice Jeep. Digging the color.

Ice Age

Raptor
First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I always griped about the V6 and only wish the 392 was available for my Gladiator😳😳
Ford Bronco Picked up my wife’s 392 Wrangler. Some comparisons to my First Edition Bronco CFD943E4-C6FD-462C-9659-1E4D7FD59610
Ford Bronco Picked up my wife’s 392 Wrangler. Some comparisons to my First Edition Bronco E750DD57-0A0D-48B8-A5C5-A5CFCAFB5731
Ford Bronco Picked up my wife’s 392 Wrangler. Some comparisons to my First Edition Bronco 37D7C6FE-B3B1-496A-A277-7C5514096E49
Ford Bronco Picked up my wife’s 392 Wrangler. Some comparisons to my First Edition Bronco A0245BAE-60AB-4248-B1CB-6E12E0B34F82
Ford Bronco Picked up my wife’s 392 Wrangler. Some comparisons to my First Edition Bronco 76EBFDE0-DB9D-4BD0-BAE6-60A24CAD6A1D
Ford Bronco Picked up my wife’s 392 Wrangler. Some comparisons to my First Edition Bronco 6D9094C7-3D57-416C-8F7B-8DC548B04E87