Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 ford f350 diesel dually
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I dont think our Broncos cut out at 100 mph. Better not jerk the wheel cause they roll like hot dogs going down hill.
Sponsored

Chris S

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla '18 M3 Perf & '22 MY Perf, '19 MX-5 Club,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The wrangler weighs 6100lbs the Bronco 4 door squatched weighs 5860. On the way home the wrangler got 15mpg the bronco on the same trip got 20-21mpg.
Nice combo! GVWR is not weight, I'm pretty sure you got the two mixed up.

Ice Age

Raptor
First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
There sure is a lot of jeep pictures on this BRONCO blog!!! Waaasssuuuppp!
Had them and now looking forward to the Bronco😎

Reactions: Los

Sponsored

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I also had a 392 and a bronco at the same time. I bought the 392 while I was waiting, and then after the FE bronco arrived, a month later I sold the 392. I agree with the OP’s feelings as well. I’m going to get something else as a daily drive to get that feeling back you get from the 392.
The feeling of a nearly 500 HP cube that wants to pull you into the nearest ditch in less than 4 secs? 😀 I haven’t driven one but once drove a Wrangler rental from Miami to Key West and it was not fun other than the killer view. Don’t get me wrong, I would still own one but there would be quite a few choices ahead of it

rayhil67

Black Diamond
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sahara 2006 hummer H3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

on the topic of rubicon 392's saw this on CL last week if anyone is interested
Ford Bronco Picked up my wife’s 392 Wrangler. Some comparisons to my First Edition Bronco 1642511526700

Must be nice to be rich!!!!!!!

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yesterday I took a ride to Chapman’s Jeep in PA to pick up my wife’s 392 wrangler. If anyone has any questions about the Jeep or Chapman I’ll be happy to answer.

Ford Bronco Picked up my wife’s 392 Wrangler. Some comparisons to my First Edition Bronco 1642511526700

Some Q&A:

The powers intoxicating, the steering is pretty bad, the materials they chose for the interior are perfect, and the seats suck.

Smooth for now, the ride is really nice.

4xE is pretty heavy with the battery’s I’m sure that effect the ride. The Jeeps ride is better than the broncos imo.

It takes the bumps better than the bronco. I’m not talking about the butthole steering it has.

lol maybe, in all honesty the bronco was to be hers but it didn’t have enough power for her. So I kept the bronco and ordered her the wrangler. I’m fully looking forward to the bronco raptor though.

Lol no way the broncos my favorite it drives so nice compared to the jeep. The broncos interior needs some work imo. Mainly the dash materials could of been way nicer.

Drive Definition- operate and control the direction and speed of a motor vehicle.

Ride quality definition- Ride quality refers to a vehicle's effectiveness in insulating the occupants from undulations in the road surface.A vehicle with good ride quality provides a comfort for the driver and passengers

The Jeep rides better than the bronco. It does not drive better than the bronco.

It sounds amazing, we traded her grand Cherokee Srt and it’s a night and day difference. Plus it’s an active exhaust, when you’d want it quiet like on the freeway it goes near silent.

Thank you, no kids yet +60 hour work weeks. The drive to work is the only enjoyment I have.

They had my tires set to 39lbs, I’ve been thinking of taking them down to 35. I think your right. The “lift” is only springs and shocks/struts. It goes straight down the road the play in the wheel causes it to react slow imo. It just needs tightened up some. I was thinking of trying to sway bar reinforcement and sector shaft brace.

Thank you, we’re both happy with it. I still prefer my bronco over the wrangler though. The wrangler reminds me of an old school vehicle and it’s not a bad thing necessarily. Fast loud and unpredictable.

The wrangler weighs 6100lbs the Bronco 4 door squatched weighs 5860. On the way home the wrangler got 15mpg the bronco on the same trip got 20-21mpg.

I’m comparing it directly to my bronco. So far I’ve clocked 2700 miles on it the seats are wayyy better in the bronco. Also the lane keep in the bronco always warns me to keep my hands on the steering wheel because I’m not moving it, that’s how well it tracks down the road. I love them both And look forward to the bronco raptor.
Nice writeup. We just got my wife a 4xE Rubicon, and I am waiting on my Wildtrak to show up, so we will also be that odd family with 2 open top 4x4s.

OP
OP

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Nice writeup. We just got my wife a 4xE Rubicon, and I am waiting on my Wildtrak to show up, so we will also be that odd family with 2 open top 4x4s.
Sweet what color did you guys go with for the 4xE?

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sweet what color did you guys go with for the 4xE?
Well, I REALLY wanted Hydro Blue, but she thought that was too loud. So she picked white. I personally think the white looks good with the black and blue trim of the 4xE. We have had it about 3 months now(2500 miles. 2000 of which were all electric), and we really like it. The only real complaint I have, which is common, is the looseness of the Jeep steering.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Well, I REALLY wanted Hydro Blue, but she thought that was too loud. So she picked white. I personally think the white looks good with the black and blue trim of the 4xE. We have had it about 3 months now(2500 miles. 2000 of which were all electric), and we really like it. The only real complaint I have, which is common, is the looseness of the Jeep steering.
The blue accents on the 4XE look really good. It also has quite a bit of pep, we drove a 3.6 and it was a dog compared to the 2.7 TT. I plan to add adjustable lower control arms (as lazerus suggested) and maybe the steer smarts sector shaft brace. I have bad news for you. If you think the steering is bad wait until you get your bronco. I get constant alerts by the lane keep to put my hands on the steering wheel because I’m not moving it.
The Jeep people really really hate the bronco for some reason. I like both for different reasons, maybe the bronco a little more for nostalgia and design. Jeep has sat on their hands for a long time not changing things or giving the consumer what they want. W.O the bronco the 392 wrangler or the XR package wouldn’t exist.

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The blue accents on the 4XE look really good. It also has quite a bit of pep, we drove a 3.6 and it was a dog compared to the 2.7 TT. I plan to add adjustable lower control arms (as lazerus suggested) and maybe the steer smarts sector shaft brace. I have bad news for you. If you think the steering is bad wait until you get your bronco. I get constant alerts by the lane keep to put my hands on the steering wheel because I’m not moving it.
The Jeep people really really hate the bronco for some reason. I like both for different reasons, maybe the bronco a little more for nostalgia and design. Jeep has sat on their hands for a long time not changing things or giving the consumer what they want. W.O the bronco the 392 wrangler or the XR package wouldn’t exist.
Yeah, in all honesty, the 4xE is scary fast when not in a straight line. The handling of the Jeep just isn't good enough to give me the feeling of control to match the acceleration it has. I bet the 392 is even worse!

I am likely going to leave the Rubicon stock. The wife likes it like it is, so if I change anything on it, I run the risk of her not liking it, and having to hear about it! If it were mine, I'd throw some 35s on it, a level kit, and some steering upgrades.

I am not sure why some Jeep people hate Broncos, jealousy or just a rivalry thing I guess? I like jeeps. I personally spend 99% of my miles on road, and I really just wanted an open top, doors off, utilitarian vehicle. The Jeep was the only game in town for that, but it wasn't really optimal for my use case. The Bronco is a bit better optimized for it with IFS and some of the creature comforts that are unavailable on the Jeep. Not everyone who buys a Jeep does it to crawl over boulders on the Rubicon trail!

Destroyer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Chevy SWB NBS, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

on the topic of rubicon 392's saw this on CL last week if anyone is interested

Must be nice to be rich!!!!!!!
Favorite part is the confidence in the opening sentence just for it to be wrong. Lots of money for someone who doesn't even know the motor in the vehicle. Typical

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yesterday I took a ride to Chapman’s Jeep in PA to pick up my wife’s 392 wrangler. If anyone has any questions about the Jeep or Chapman I’ll be happy to answer.

Some Q&A:

The powers intoxicating, the steering is pretty bad, the materials they chose for the interior are perfect, and the seats suck.

Smooth for now, the ride is really nice.

4xE is pretty heavy with the battery’s I’m sure that effect the ride. The Jeeps ride is better than the broncos imo.

It takes the bumps better than the bronco. I’m not talking about the butthole steering it has.

lol maybe, in all honesty the bronco was to be hers but it didn’t have enough power for her. So I kept the bronco and ordered her the wrangler. I’m fully looking forward to the bronco raptor though.

Lol no way the broncos my favorite it drives so nice compared to the jeep. The broncos interior needs some work imo. Mainly the dash materials could of been way nicer.

Drive Definition- operate and control the direction and speed of a motor vehicle.

Ride quality definition- Ride quality refers to a vehicle's effectiveness in insulating the occupants from undulations in the road surface.A vehicle with good ride quality provides a comfort for the driver and passengers

The Jeep rides better than the bronco. It does not drive better than the bronco.

It sounds amazing, we traded her grand Cherokee Srt and it’s a night and day difference. Plus it’s an active exhaust, when you’d want it quiet like on the freeway it goes near silent.

Thank you, no kids yet +60 hour work weeks. The drive to work is the only enjoyment I have.

They had my tires set to 39lbs, I’ve been thinking of taking them down to 35. I think your right. The “lift” is only springs and shocks/struts. It goes straight down the road the play in the wheel causes it to react slow imo. It just needs tightened up some. I was thinking of trying to sway bar reinforcement and sector shaft brace.

Thank you, we’re both happy with it. I still prefer my bronco over the wrangler though. The wrangler reminds me of an old school vehicle and it’s not a bad thing necessarily. Fast loud and unpredictable.

I’m comparing it directly to my bronco. So far I’ve clocked 2700 miles on it the seats are wayyy better in the bronco. Also the lane keep in the bronco always warns me to keep my hands on the steering wheel because I’m not moving it, that’s how well it tracks down the road. I love them both And look forward to the bronco raptor.
Everyone says the Jeep has a better interior. IDN, I like the looks of the Bronco better, retro without looking old. I get it that someone spending $60K wants a lux interior, but the hard plastic works for me and fits the theme perfectly.

Danki7

First Name
Dany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Impreza hatch, LR DISCO SPORT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thinking of getting a bronco for myself but always curious about the debate between jeep and Ford.

Question on the bronco:

How long did you wait fr. Initial spec to picking up at dealership (granted it was probably before COVID), all in total time?

Can you change it if you don't like it upon arrival, or will they keep your $500 deposit?

Question on the jeep:

From family/friends who own these, I've heard numerous observations of road noise, above 30mph even. I imagine those sweet wheels probably add more, can you confirm how much you get compared to other cars? I wonder if on the newer models they've worked on that or if road noise damper is an add-on they just failed to get....and if this add-on does exist, how much does it help with the road noise (particularly with these tires or Thompsons on)?

Thanks
Sponsored

Last edited: