SwankyTiger

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the swaybars off of my xterra also but I also have uprated suspension (stiffer springs in the front especially to help w/ bumper and winch). It is noticeable on a tall vehicle for sure and if the Bronco suspension is softer than mine (which it seems likely to be based on what we've seen)I suspect having that swaybar on for normal driving would be a good thing. I plan to go with badlands but maybe the swaybar disconnect will be an optional feature for others.
i had a samurai with no sway bars, a 3 in lift and 31's, it didnt need the sway bars cause the springs were so stiff it didnt matter.

but it isnt like there wont be sway bar disconnects within a month of launch from the aftermarket.
Sponsored

Vandy

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I Really wish the disconnecting sway bar could be optional on the BD trim. It already has the upgraded bash plates and rock crawl mode. C'mon ford! Give us BD owners an "optional" sway-bar disconnect!

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I Really wish the disconnecting sway bar could be optional on the BD trim. It already has the upgraded bash plates and rock crawl mode. C'mon ford! Give us BD owners an "optional" sway-bar disconnect!
is there tools in your garage?

Villagevip

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"68" "72" Broncos, sadly sold, back in the day
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For fun and publicity, should have Kevin and Britney from "LITE BRITE" on board to drive on the trails...Give Kevin and Britney, the honor, first shot at some awesome YouTube content...They have earned it!

Sponsored

Deleted member 3063

I find the range estimate in vehicles is highly dependent on the last five minutes, so if you've been going slow it increases, and if you have been going fast it plunges.
Yep, if you keep resetting it. Haven't reset mine for 5k and the Rap is getting 13.8

Metal_Horses

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 1969 Mustang, 85 SVO, Mach-e
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do we know how this physically reengages? Magnetic? Shock type of mechanism?

Kickit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ok, please forgive is this is a stupid question. I’ve been trying to do some research on the interwebs about the sway bar disconnect to better understand, but how unsafe is the ability for the sway bar disconnect? Especially at freeway speeds. I assume you wouldn’t have it disconnected at those speeds but is it reliably locked in place when not in use?

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ok, please forgive is this is a stupid question. I’ve been trying to do some research on the interwebs about the sway bar disconnect to better understand, but how unsafe is the ability for the sway bar disconnect? Especially at freeway speeds. I assume you wouldn’t have it disconnected at those speeds but is it reliably locked in place when not in use?

The way I understand it ......... it uses a splined collar to connect the splined sway bar. So it is virtually impossible to become disconnected at speed. ECM will not let it disconnect above 20 MPH.

Ford's is hydraulic not electric and can be used in any position aka loaded. the others have to be level to connect and disconnect.

Hope this helps you out.

Sponsored

Kickit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The way I understand it ......... it uses a splined collar to connect the splined sway bar. So it is virtually impossible to become disconnected at speed. ECM will not let it disconnect above 20 MPH.

Ford's is hydraulic not electric and can be used in any position aka loaded. the others have to be level to connect and disconnect.

Hope this helps you out.
Very helpful and reassuring thank you!!

Orangeinthebarn

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 z71, 1992 bronco, 1977 F-150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
315 miles to E on 7/8 tank... works out to approx 360 mile range in full tank.

If this is the 4 door that’s a 20.8 gallon tank, which works out to 17.3 mpg.

If it’s the 2 door, 16.9 gallon tank works out to 21.3mpg.

Obviously there’s a lot of room for compounding errors here...

::EDIT::

Looking at all the pictures, looks like it’s the 4-door... and 17.3 mpg seems totally expected for a vehicle like this.
That’s excellent mileage considering it’s mostly fun trail miles

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, at least it's something real...
315Miles to empty

Ford Bronco Pics: Badlands Swaybar Reconnects at 20 MPH (Broncos Spotted Off-Road With Nomad Outfitters) 315Mi to Tank

SasquashJP

Badlands
First Name
John-Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon Denali
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So you want less for the money you will be paying? I want them to include the modular hardtop for the 4 door Badlands. Or regular hardtop. If you don’t want the disconnect what’s your reason?

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So you want less for the money you will be paying? I want them to include the modular hardtop for the 4 door Badlands. Or regular hardtop. If you don’t want the disconnect what’s your reason?
He stating that he wants it. It’s currently not available on the BD.
Sponsored