First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Ford Ranger XLT, Can Am Ryker
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The grey just doesn't do it any justice. Why did they go with that colour? Was it to upsell on the replacing the fenders to black and paint the top?........maximize profits!
Maybe they did it because they know the mic black ends up fading overtime and looking like the Jeep roofs that everyone here is complaining about.
This gray is a lighter gray so overtime it will go more towards white than a nasty washed out black color.

BroncoNV

Badlands
First Name
GJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Pontiac Firebird, 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Maybe they did it because they know the mic black ends up fading overtime and looking like the Jeep roofs that everyone here is complaining about.
This gray is a lighter gray so overtime it will go more towards white than a nasty washed out black color.
So, you’re saying I cam order the white top, it just won’t show up till 2024 when the MIC top is faded.

Sponsored

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
About that grey top. I am very tempted to get the 4 door BaseSquatch with only the soft top and then ordering a Black or White modular at the parts counter and waiting the few months or a year to get it.

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iconic Silver went from this:

Ford Bronco PICS: BASE Bronco in Iconic Silver - completed preproduction model 1601301034181

Which seals the deal for me.

To this:

Ford Bronco PICS: BASE Bronco in Iconic Silver - completed preproduction model 1601301034181

Which is much lighter and I don't like.
I kept saying the other color did not look like iconic silver and was probably Carbonized grey . The 2nd pic looks like a silver F-150 here at work and it ain't dark at all .

BigAl

Base
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is great, I actually really like the base grill and I'm starting to believe the grey top is going to look pretty nice with the carbonized grey body. I'm also pleasantly surprised by the look of the small wheels/tires, I'll definitely replace with take offs from a BD but it has kind of a classic look off the line.

bronchalen84

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You betcha. I like the looks of that. But it looks like Ford changed the black flares to match the grey top rather than switching the grey top to match all other black trim.
I hope that is an option (matching fender and handles)for the Big Bend. I really don’t like 3 different colors

Sponsored

Rovertbee

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is killing me - I've been sold on a Badlands, but taking the Base, Squatching it, and dealing with the standard package seems like a much more economical choice. Will I really need the disconnect? I drive Moab a few times a year in my FJ, 35s, no disconnect, just rear lockers, and it climbs most things I'd ever have the courage to climb. I am interested in the front camera to see the trail in front of me on the 8/12" display - wonder how hard that will be to get aftermarket?

bronchalen84

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I kept saying the other color did not look like iconic silver and was probably Carbonized grey . The 2nd pic looks like a silver F-150 here at work and it ain't dark at all .
This is confusing to me too. I like the first pic. Is first pic IS? 2nd pic is too light

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone notice the color flop on the weird triangle quarter panel trim piece? In my experience, metallic does not lay the same on plastic parts and the different angle and shape alters the color perception of they eye at a minimum. It's a small thing, but it is hard to "un-see". I think I am down to CG or OW. The metallic corner piece is going to stick out to me on all the metallic colors I think. Motor Trend called it out in their first review (based on the Holly Oaks ride press demo rides). I had no idea what they were talking about until I saw that picture.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

After seeing the few pictures of the finished Bases that we have, I'm having a hard time understanding why anyone wouldn't just Squatch out a Base with the 2.7L, 10 Spd Auto, and optioning the HD bumper and aux switches for a lot less money than even stepping up to the Big Bend with the same options. I guess I can see going up to the Big Bend model just for the Mid package but that would be about as high as I would go. I just don't see vinyl seats and rubber floors as deal breakers when I can tear out the carpeted flooring/seats myself and then have the floors Line-X'd for a lot less money. I'll probably be replacing the cloth at some point with Katzkin for around $1500. Here is my 2-Door spreadsheet. You can search for this spreadsheet on the forum under "payment calculator" I believe. If you don't care about the Katzkin, Line-X'd interior, or the Mid package, just subtract $4K from the total on the Big Bend.

The rubber and vinyl just don't make sense from a cost perspective when you can have those things done for a fraction of the cost yourself.
This is the kind of creative thinking I am talking about!

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I feel like Im in the twilight zone.

The top looks black and looks like it matches the flares to me yet everyone in here is talking about a gray top.

I dont see a gray top. I see a matte textured black top and flares that is maybe reflecting light in a certain way to make it look gray.

Looks black to me and it looks like it matches the flares. ?‍♂
Sponsored