First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Not really. I ran the Rubicon on a Jeep with 2.5ā€œ lift and 35s and no issues - besides some love taps to the bumpers. Also had a stock Rubicon on stock 32s behind us who made it. The under carriage protection is whatā€™s critical and gets scuffed up (and should be expected to get scuffed up) and the a Bronco bash plates did their job.

Iā€™m sure the a Bronco can and did make it through - Iā€™m excited for my Bronco!
I did in in my YJ on 33s, and it doesn't even have sliders or a front locker.

I'm SOA though. Ridiculous clearance and articulation.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Macdaddy59

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There really is no other way to put this. GOAT doesn't mean it can't be stopped. That's just truly insane to hold it to that. The name of the driver select feature does not override physics.

The amount of money you spend on it has no bearing on physics. And it's blatantly obvious the problem was grip. The driver select system can't modify friction between the dusty tires and rocks.
that sounds like an excuse when you can't do something. Heavy lies the crown, and yes price matters, price matters when I pay for a package and it doesn't perform regardless of the reason. we can talk about physics and science all day, but at the end of the day... unless we see more... we got beat by that hill, and no amount of science is going to change that. Don't make excuses for failure, get up and try again.

I want you to tell the crowd watching, or the gal you're trying to impress, or your buddies off roading when you're the only one who can't make it up the hill. "Damn slippery rocks again" you know what they'll say? "Hey I thought you were the GOAT?!"

See that's my point, us future Bronco owners have a target on our back now because we are boasting we have the GOAT, and then you see that. That's my point. But of course, people will say "It doesn't matter what people think" well... My answer to that... I wouldn't want to be the guy who had to get out of line because I couldn't make the hill (if you notice there were a bunch of cars behind him) and wait to let all the other guys pass me and make it up the hill.

Maybe they made it up the hill. Hey, I'm hoping it did . Bronco Fan here. But let's keep it real as well.

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First, awesome that Ford is allowing this. IMO, that should be a no-brainer, but good that they have enough confidence to not freak out about someone posting a video of their vehicle not meeting with 100% initial success.
If this indeed a random person on the trail, then itā€™s not as it Ford had the option of not allowing it. Beyond refusing to drive the Bronco until no one else was around.

Sponsored

elfshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Liberty
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
While I would have liked to see the Bronco make it up the obstacle, I'm not too concerned - it looked like it certainly had the capability, it just didn't get it on the first attempt or two. That isn't that abnormal when out rock crawling.

Anyone that expects every single obstacle to be sent on the first go at it hasn't done any real rock crawling. That's part of the fun - giving it a go, re-adjusting, and going again until you get it (hopefully with minimal body damage ;) )

Major_Bullsteak

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy ZR2 Bison, JK Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Don't make excuses for failure, get up and try again.
How do we know it didn't do just that? Sounds like your beef is with the person taking the 1:30 video. We know for a fact he didn't see the job through.

icavedin

Base
First Name
Ami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'86 4runner, '91 318iS, '07 4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
that sounds like an excuse when you can't do something. Heavy lies the crown, and yes price matters, price matters when I pay for a package and it doesn't perform regardless of the reason. we can talk about physics and science all day, but at the end of the day... unless we see more... we got beat by that hill, and no amount of science is going to change that. Don't make excuses for failure, get up and try again.

I want you to tell the crowd watching, or the gal you're trying to impress, or your buddies off roading when you're the only one who can't make it up the hill. "Damn slippery rocks again" you know what they'll say? "Hey I thought you were the GOAT?!"

See that's my point, us future Bronco owners have a target on our back now because we are boasting we have the GOAT, and then you see that. That's my point. But of course, people will say "It doesn't matter what people think" well... My answer to that... I wouldn't want to be the guy who had to get out of line because I couldn't make the hill (if you notice there were a bunch of cars behind him) and wait to let all the other guys pass me and make it up the hill.
Marketing teams everywhere prey on consumers like you. Nobody is boasting about anything ā€˜GOATā€™ here - please taper your expectations a bit.

edit: re-read your post and think you would make a fantastic motivational speaker or sports commentator.

Last edited:

TOWMA8R

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ECOBOOST F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
These are the 3 Broncos that you saw in the Rubicon trail videos/pics thread.

They managed to complete the Rubicon trail and are seen here resting in Tahoe after the accomplishment.

Thatā€™s the steel modular bumper in the first two photos and standard bumper in last two pics.

2021 Ford Bronco Damage Rubicon Trail 1.jpg
2021 Ford Bronco Damage Rubicon Trail 2.jpg
2021 Ford Bronco Damage Rubicon Trail 3.jpg
2021 Ford Bronco Damage Rubicon Trail 4.jpg
if they (the bronco) can complete the Rubicon trail, from someone who has done it many times, hats off to the platform. This means any trail I take it on, outside of the Rubicon and similar rated trails, there will no worries in my mind when I build my WIFE'S Sasquatch Black Diamond 2.7 Auto!!!

I Have my Crawler for that hits the Rubicon yearly

Ford Bronco Pics: Bronco Battle Scars From Completing Rubicon Trail yjfb1

John Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500/ Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Plain and simple the driver didnā€™t know what he was doing and itā€™s a stock vehicle. There are lines to every obstacle some are the easy lines for limited vehicles, some are critical and youā€™ll roll hard if youā€™re off by a couple inches. A video or camera will never capture how steep an actual obstacle is and standing at the top is the worst vantage point to show it. This could have been much steeper than it looks and the driver may have been scared (most likely told to do everything you can buy do not break or roll it.) Either way it looks like he needed to keep the drivers side on the big rock to clear that little stair step in the crevice. Canā€™t see what was going on on the rear pass tire so there could have been Something stopping him. Maybe/maybe not. Looks like clearance, stability and break over angle were all good just needed traction (air down) and a little more seat time.
the fact that ford is putting their money where their mouth is says a lot. And itā€™s cool they are doing it. I donā€™t care if they had to bypass every obstacle on the trail. They are doing this in plain site when everyone else hides this kind of ā€œtestingā€. Since this is testing and not a demo, I get it but letting the lovells or other guys like Jason Scherer, who have been part of the team from the start, bump it up some trails would be the demo of its capabilities. Until then, itā€™s going to be uneventful speculation.

Sponsored

John Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500/ Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Maybe they made it up the hill. Hey, I'm hoping it did . Bronco Fan here. But let's keep it real as well.
Dude. We are talking about a stock IFS vehicle on a pretty legit trail with a driver who may have never been on the rocks before. If your expectations are that high, youā€™re never going to be happy with this vehicle.

As for showing off, I know I donā€™t wheel for any of the those reasons you provided. But I do know you can have a $150k Red Dot buggy and if youā€™re running overinflated all terrain tires, youā€™re going to backing off a lot of obstacles.
GOAT is a gimmicky name for terrain selector similar to those found in dozens of vehicles these days.
The only real GOAT is an Atlas transfer case, one ton axles and red label krawlers.

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
if they (the bronco) can complete the Rubicon trail, from someone who has done it many times, hats off to the platform. This means any trail I take it on, outside of the Rubicon and similar rated trails, there will no worries in my mind when I build my WIFE'S Sasquatch Black Diamond 2.7 Auto!!!

I Have my Crawler for that hits the Rubicon yearly

Ford Bronco Pics: Bronco Battle Scars From Completing Rubicon Trail yjfb1
Green YJs unite!
Ford Bronco Pics: Bronco Battle Scars From Completing Rubicon Trail 2015-07-29 10.25.02

irv0735

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mercedes Sprinter 4x4, 2021 Bronco Reserved
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

If you're going rock crawling, check your ego at the trail-head... If you don't, you will break things or worse.

I understand your point... Ford giving it the GOAT name definitely opens the door for people to give you a hard time. Just laugh with them... You are meant to smile while driving the new Bronco. This isn't a $100k+ built buggy... It's a modern street legal (to current standards) vehicle that is designed to take on some pretty rugged stuff from the factory.

If you have to pull off to the side to let others through, it's no big deal... Anyone that is out there and in such a hurry that they get frustrated with you, has problems of their own that aren't for you to be worrying about.

We all want this thing to be awesome, but let's also be realistic with what a stock vehicle can/should do and more importantly, remember it's just meant to be fun!

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It appears the front locker was working, It just looked like over inflated tires were holding it back from making it up that obstacle.
No excuses, just an opinion.
Sponsored