BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hate the way those shock mounts hang so low.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not happy about the tow points. Doesn't look strong enough to tow the vehicle 4-down using that attachment point. Tow hook points should have the bolt sheer not the thread strip for failure. We shall see, but this will need some modification as it is now before I'm comfortable towing this around.
Ford stated the tow hooks would support the entire vehicles weight, that would be much more than the rolling resistance from flat towing. But like you I will be taking a close look at that before I hook it up.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The current Ranger 2.3l eco is behind the wheel well on the drivers side, have no idea if the Bronco will be in the same place..? The 2.7l Eco is on the top of the engine... Looks like you'll have to remove the skid plate to drain the oil for both tho...
I hope my oil extraction pump will work via the dip stick tube, saves a huge mess.

Sponsored

ekim

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, Ford Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford stated the tow hooks would support the entire vehicles weight, that would be much more than the rolling resistance from flat towing. But like you I will be taking a close look at that before I hook it up.
Thats good info. What is the context (do you have a link)? From what I can tell these seem to be what Ford calls tow hooks - mounted to the frame with 2 M8 or M10 bolts:

Ford Bronco Pics: Bronco Frame, Chassis and Suspension tow_hooks_front_bronco_parts_02-

Ford Bronco Pics: Bronco Frame, Chassis and Suspension tow_hooks_rear_001_bronco_parts_03-

Last edited:

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thats good info. What is the context (do you have a link)? From what I can tell these seem to be what Ford calls tow hooks - mounted to the frame with 2 M8 bolts:

Ford Bronco Pics: Bronco Frame, Chassis and Suspension tow_hooks_rear_001_bronco_parts_03-

It was in a Video interview with Ford rep I was watching. In any case this is not what the HD bumper has, it has the D ring and pin. Removing the pin and D ring allows the BlueOX off road adapter to replace it. I will have to actually measure the mount stud to be sure the adapter will fit, BlueOx does make two different sizes of adapters, 3/4" & 1" pins. Looks like the stock bumper will need a base plate kit and I don't think after market has caught up with that yet.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Here is a head on shot of the front box frame openings for tow adapters to your hearts delight.

Ford Bronco Pics: Bronco Frame, Chassis and Suspension Front Frame Openings
Ford Bronco Pics: Bronco Frame, Chassis and Suspension 2021 Ford Broncon Engine chassis-1

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

i thought bilstein shocks were the top of the line

They are very good shocks. They are not rebuildable or top of the line, but most people don't need that quality and don't want to pay for that quality.

Sponsored

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Imagine the vehicle is stuck in mud, and you need to winch out using that attachment point. That'd be the true test of that attachment point.

Rolling resistance is one thing, but fatigue and acceleration/deceleration are a different matter. I'm not familiar with any flat towing attachment point that does not bolt into a frame rail or through a crossmember somewhere.

Thechief86

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Jeep XJ, 2008 Subaru Forester.
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm mostly concerned that the driveshaft flanges on the diffs look to accomodate CV style driveshafts like a JK or newer Wrangler. I'd much prefer actual U-Joints for the type of abuse that my Bronco will see. I'm thinking of cheaper, easier trail repairs, and more easily stored spares. I have broken a ton of U-Joints, and had them fixed in a half hour or less. CV would more or less mean I'd need an entire spare driveshaft. My 2017 Tacoma had greaseable U-joints, as well as all of the steering components, including ball joints and rod ends.
The Bronco will have my Taco beat as far as HP and capability, but looks to fall short for durability and long term maintenance. I may live to regret selling my Yota for this thing, but at least I'll look cool driving it, lol.

westyer

Badlands
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500 Limited 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder how hard it is going to be to get to the oil drain plug and oil filter with all the skid plates installed?