LEGEND

First Name
KC
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 grand cherokee, 2002 e250 4x4,
OBX, that is fine with me. Don't touch my BD though. Can't wait for all the blues.
Just like the grab handles , I believe the netting can be easily swapped out to black ones , they are attached with "bronco bolts"

Advertisement

LEGEND

First Name
KC
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 grand cherokee, 2002 e250 4x4,
OBX, that is fine with me. Don't touch my BD though. Can't wait for all the blues.
Just like the grab handles , I believe the netting can be easily swapped out to black ones , they are attached with "bronco bolts"
Wait, are you being serious? They used to come color matched to all the cool interiors, the reds, greens, blues, it was glorious.
The good ol days when the government, No I'm just gonna stop now!

Rick Astley

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'51 Chevy Fleetline, '61 Ford Thunderbird
$40K is not what $40K was even twenty years ago. Adjusting for inflation, a $40K car today was a $26.5K car in the year 2000. I'm assuming we're at least 20 years old here (i'm more than double that).

A Honda Accord v6 MSRP was $22K in 2000. Base Bronco is a cheaper car by comparison.

The dollar is not worth what we think it is. Yes, it's a HUGE expense to sign up for, especially when that monthly payment can be $500, $600, $700. But these aren't "expensive" cars by today's standards. They are "slightly above average" expense vehicles.

If there were 8 interior options, 4 seatbelt color options, 3 gauge font options, etc, then you only need to do the build and price for a Porsche Boxer or 911 and find out what the realistic costs are for that customization.

Getting blue grab handles and investing 3 hours and $12.95 of your own money to change the color is pretty much exactly what the person who spends $40K on a vehicle today will need to do in order to keep that $40K vehicle from being a $50K or $60K vehicle.

Enjoy the process of modifying your vehicle to your hearts content!
I felt a more apples to apples comparison is necessary.

Using the lowest MRSP of a 1996 Bronco XLT as the basis ($22,500) you get an inflation-adjusted MSRP of $37,340. Not a darn sight far from the Outer Banks (chosen as the mid-level equivalent to the XLT, with the base engine)

To me these sorts of comparisons say that considering the massive increase in content, technology, safety and efficiency, today's Bronco has not moved the price needle from where it was at when it retired in 1996.

Now, that's not to say they are cheap cars, they are not entry level (even "base" trim). Just that in the thirty or so arguments based around "for a $40K car, this is outrageous!", five minutes of research would have disproven that claim and given more parity to what expectations should be.

This is an excellent vehicle and launch. Ford's big mistake was giving people too much visibility to the process of brining a vehicle to market. A mistake they probably won't make again!

Ranger had about 10 pre-release pics of line-built production cars that were the territory rep promo vehicles and you got to see those an entire MONTH before order banks opened up.... If this site had been crickets until B&P went live the excitement and unrealistic feelings of victimization would have been minimized.

1605668985936.png

1605668948875.png

1605669105790.png

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
These are the photos that I was allowed to take couldn’t take interior pics had doors locked. Will post an update later with all the questions that I got answered when I get off.

👍

Bronco-Slide-Out-Tailgate-1.jpg

Bronco-Slide-Out-Tailgate-2.jpg

Bronco-Slide-Out-Tailgate-3.jpg

Bronco-Slide-Out-Tailgate-4.jpg

Bronco-Slide-Out-Tailgate-5.jpg

Bronco-Slide-Out-Tailgate-6.jpg
Must have been some light sabers and holograms or something in that 2 door.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge ST
Seems to me that the Sunrider top would fit perfectly on the 2DR. Seeing as they use the same connection points for the front panels. I don’t remember seeing it in B&P though.
The panels are longer on the 2 door.

t3n2and4

Badlands
First Name
VJ
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Clubs

My worst fear just confirmed, it has manual seats. :( The color in that lighting does look good though.
This might be why they didn’t want OP taking interior shots. The interiors video stated the leather seats come with power.

Rev68

Wildtrak
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3
Clubs

Not allowed to take interior pics?
This is not a good sign.
Currently the #1 reason I probably won't go thru with my reservation is because I utterly dispise my interrior options, I can understand why they don't want any real world photos of the interior.

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Clubs

I find myself choosing a trim based in interior colors now. I can’t take these cropping colors. Why is there a black and dark tan with baby blue accents?

how do you completely nail the exterior design and can’t choose pleasing interior materials? Even the design of the interior is nice. Just made with cheap plastic and weird color fabrics.

I think there are not electronic seats because the top comes off. This is how it is on the wrangler and gladiator. I could be wrong.

Advertisement

Advertisement