Pics of 2.3L engine & underhood compartment in 2021 Bronco

Mountain Goat

Black Diamond
First Name
Tyler
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 BMW 325i, '17 VW Alltrack, '20 Nissan Versa
1) There's clearly room for a large naturally aspirated V8. Look at all the room ahead of the engine block
2) I see mounts for an engine cover, which may clean things up a bit visually, but in any case there's a lot going on here.
3) In 30 years when I park this at car shows (or the day I take delivery and take it to cars & coffee), I'll just have to leave the hood closed.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Vehicle Showcase
hope for the mechanics sake they clean up alot of the runs before production
Nope thats as clean as they get. I'm a mechanic and I went and poked around under the hood of a 20 ranger...its not horrible, just how it is these days. I wana puke hearing everybody yell for a freaking twin turbo v6...uuuuuugggh🤮🤮🤮🤮

damarble

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Sport Trac
Good luck working on your own rig if you get the V6, the i4 is tight enough.

wjfawb0

First Name
Jason
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JKR
I'm not familiar with ecoboosts, but it looks like the electronic throttle body is right on the inlet to the turbo and the recirculate valve is in the output right above it. Is the high pressure fuel rail under a sound cover? I can't pick that out clearly.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not familiar with ecoboosts, but it looks like the electronic throttle body is right on the inlet to the turbo and the recirculate valve is in the output right above it. Is the high pressure fuel rail under a sound cover? I can't pick that out clearly.
The throttle body is on the intake manifold on the dr side. U can't see it here. The di pump is under that black box on the rear of the valve cover. Ranger doesn't have that box. It appeared to me that the #4 coil could barely sneak by the di pump. Hope this is the same. If you were to swamp it you could save this engine trailside. V6 I doubt. Only electrical connector I saw on the actual turbo was the wastegate actuator. Its electric now. Bov is electric too, thats clearly visible here.

Advertisement

Advertisement