First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Okay so I got a funny story. When I was in high school, I went to what we called VoTech, auto-body and paint specifically. Needless to say we had a kid in our class who literally had zero knowledge of the automotive world. We sent him to O'Reilly's down the road a bit with two items on a list: Light-bulb fluid, and spark plugs for a Cummins diesel. When he arrived and walked up to the counter, he told them what he needed on the list. The whole store of associates laughed hysterically at him and had to tell him there's no such thing as light-bulb fluid, and diesel engines don't have spark plugs. He'd been had. That kid was triggered when he got back. Funny as heck though. He turned out to be pretty good at auto-body, I just wouldn't go to him for any mechanical issues lol.
Lol that’s awesome. We had an apprentice running around looking for the bucket of ohms. He must have asked everyone on our crew, I couldn’t keep a straight face and ruined it lol. The fire sprinkler apprentice once asked me for the pipe stretcher and I told him it was next to the wire stretcher, he went to look for both.

Last edited:

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Okay so I got a funny story. When I was in high school, I went to what we called VoTech, auto-body and paint specifically. Needless to say we had a kid in our class who literally had zero knowledge of the automotive world. We sent him to O'Reilly's down the road a bit with two items on a list: Light-bulb fluid, and spark plugs for a Cummins diesel. When he arrived and walked up to the counter, he told them what he needed on the list. The whole store of associates laughed hysterically at him and had to tell him there's no such thing as light-bulb fluid, and diesel engines don't have spark plugs. He'd been had. That kid was triggered when he got back. Funny as heck though. He turned out to be pretty good at auto-body, I just wouldn't go to him for any mechanical issues lol.
In the usaf they would send newbies to the tool crib for all kinds of stuff flight line,k9p a solvent,pnuematic fluid in qt cans,the funny thing was they had props in the crib for them one was triple 000 sandpaper the guys had a piece of cardboard with 6 rocks glued to it they would say thats as course as it gets.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In the usaf they would send newbies to the tool crib for all kinds of stuff flight line,k9p a solvent,pnuematic fluid in qt cans,the funny thing was they had props in the crib for them one was triple 000 sandpaper the guys had a piece of cardboard with 6 rocks glued to it they would say thats as course as it gets.
Ford Bronco Pics of 2.3L engine & underhood compartment in 2021 Bronco 1599763407938

Walnut

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
old ass beater
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Having done a few things on the GF's 2019 Ranger (2.3 as the only engine option), it's tight in there with many, many, many sharp pokey bits to remind you it's a modern engine.

Overall the basic stuff (oil changes, checking plugs, installing a catch can) were all easy. It's when these things are out of warranty and book time includes a spare 0.5 hours for "R&R" of non-essential systems for every.single.thing that people will start to sour on it. But this will be the same for the 2.7. Modern engines are a rats nest of sensors, hoses and clips.
sure hope the filter location is different than the Ranger because that does not look easy and looks like messy change

Sponsored

Tofudude

Base
First Name
Chan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Brono Base Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

From someone thats fooled around with modern VW's this seems way more intimidating to work on. Hopefully the production model cleans up a bit.

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you can fit a TTV6 or an inline 4, you can fit a NA V8. My understanding is the Ranger engine bay was designed to fit a Coyote V8, and similarly the 2.7 was designed to fit anywhere you can fit a Coyote 5.0.
I don’t know how all theses engines compare in size, but I saw somewhere, that Ford wouldn’t use the 3.5 eco for the Raptor version because it won’t fit. They were going with the 3l eco

That being said I don’t know that I believe anything said about the bronco at this point LOL

Mountain Goat

Black Diamond
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 BMW 325i, '17 VW Alltrack, '20 Nissan Versa
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don’t know how all theses engines compare in size, but I saw somewhere, that Ford wouldn’t use the 3.5 eco for the Raptor version because it won’t fit. They were going with the 3l eco

That being said I don’t know that I believe anything said about the bronco at this point LOL
Yeah, the 3.5L EcoBoost is huge. If I remember correctly, the 2.7L has the manifolds integral to the block which helps hold the turbos in closer to the engine and saves space as well. The 3.0L is basically a bored & stroked 2.7L. Whether or not the 3.5L fits, using the 3.0L means everything will bolt up exactly the same (and is likely a significant cost savings as well).

4D-Beach

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CG Badlands 4dr st 2.3l 7mt mid ppf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lol that’s awesome. We had an apprentice running around looking for the bucket of ohms. He must have asked everyone on our crew, I couldn’t keep a straight face and ruined it lol. The fire sprinkler apprentice once asked me for the pipe stretcher and I told him it was next to wire stretcher, he went to look for both.
Just today!
The chef at my beachfront restaurant told the new dishwasher to go to the food truck on the beach and get the “rice peeler”.
He had all the employees on the beach looking for it!

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just today!
The chef at my beachfront restaurant told the new dishwasher to go to the food truck on the beach and get the “rice peeler”.
He had all the employees on the beach looking for it!
I saw my carpenter buddy tell his helper,jake cut this 2x4 too short go get the board strecher.
Never gets old.

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
3) In 30 years when I park this at car shows (or the day I take delivery and take it to cars & coffee), I'll just have to leave the hood closed.
The 2.3L (without the manual) is comparable to getting a Mustang with a V6, don't pop the hood if you can't deal with the shame lmao

Imissmy1996bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

FYI for everyone on these pics, they said today that they are still working in packaging/arranging the engine bay, so expect this to change/be cleaned up by the time it hits production.

Mountain Goat

Black Diamond
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 BMW 325i, '17 VW Alltrack, '20 Nissan Versa
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The 2.3L (without the manual) is comparable to getting a Mustang with a V6, don't pop the hood if you can't deal with the shame lmao
The manual is the reason I'm getting the I4. I wouldn't even be buying the vehicle without the manual ?‍♂
Sponsored