First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Didn't see these posted -- 2.7L engine compartment in 2021 Bronco.

Ford Bronco Pics of 2.7L engine & underhood compartment in 2021 Bronco 2.7L Engine Compartment 2021 Ford Bronco 4

Ford Bronco Pics of 2.7L engine & underhood compartment in 2021 Bronco 2.7L Engine Compartment 2021 Ford Bronco 4

Plenty of room. JK.
Modern engine compartments are why I miss the cars I owned in my youth: Galaxy, Fairlane, Chrysler New Yorker, Le Mans, etc. you could reach everything and sit on the fender when working.

Sponsored

RedRiverRev

First Name
Herman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Oil changes might be easier than the 2.3 with that top filter. Everything looks fairly serviceable. Spark plugs aren't buried beneath a firewall. Overall doesn't look too bad to do basic maintenance yourself.

How's the water pump on the 2.7?

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oil changes might be easier than the 2.3 with that top filter. Everything looks fairly serviceable. Spark plugs aren't buried beneath a firewall. Overall doesn't look too bad to do basic maintenance yourself.

Book time is 2.7hrs on f150. I never did one, yet to touch one of these motors. Quick tour of shop manual shows its a HELL of alot easier than 3.5. Not timing chain driven!

Last edited:

BuddysB6g

Big Bend
First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayenne
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Book time is 2.7hrs on f150. I never did one, yet to touch one of these motors. Quick tour of shop manual shows its a HELL of alot easier than 3.5. Not timing chain driven!
Not timing chain driven? What? Is it timing belt then? I hope not

Sponsored

RedRiverRev

First Name
Herman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
No...i meant the water pump isn't timing chain driven. 3.5 turbo water pump pays 12.5hrs!
Yep, the reason why I'll never buy another 3.5 EB. It's probably slightly better in the F150, but it's a nightmare in the Flex/Taurus.

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

not only an extra battery, I need a place for the compressor......gonna have to rip out a few of those needless hoses and stuff.....

Longshot

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I have a 2016 F-150 with the 2.7l and the oil change is super easy... There is an undercover beneath the engine you remove (4 bolts) then the oil pan drain plug turns 1/4 turn to drain the oil... The oil filter is on the top of the engine and just unscrews and drains into the pan... Probably one of the easiest vehicles I've done an oil change on... VW has a similar filter... Not sure how it compares with the 2.3l...?
Sponsored