First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Looks like the air compress is gonna have to go in the rear cabin. Or go with CO2 tank. Both choices just are up available storage space permanently.

Sponsored

BecauseMotor

Wildtrak
First Name
Springer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI, Ducati Panigale 959, Triumph T100
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Holy plastic lol can't wait for aftermarket intakes and charge pipes. Anyone know the size/specs of the turbos?

Tre

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Impala, Buick Enclave, '77 Suzuki GS750
Your Bronco Model
Base
Dual batteries going to be a biiiiiitch to get in there. But it'll happen! Probably gonna be an airboxectomy involved...
Ok, off topic perhaps, but dual batteries because? (honest question, no sarcasm) I understand dual batteries on a boat because you don't want to get stranded. Same idea, or are you using it to power additional accessories?

EDIT Thinking about that extra ~half a liter has never been a temptation until I just started down the rabbit hole of "what-ifs" where a little extra chutzpah would come in handy...

Last edited:

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was watching vids of the oil change on the 2.7. Anyone else realize the oil pan in plastic with a plastic drain plug as well? oh and it has a cartrige filter. All unlike the 2.3L.

Blitzinger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ok, off topic perhaps, but dual batteries because? (honest question, no sarcasm) I understand dual batteries on a boat because you don't want to get stranded. Same idea, or are you using it to power additional accessories?
People like to have dual battery to power fridges or freezers on overland trips

Reactions: Tre

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ok.. i give... you got me... thought this thread said there were pictures of an engine... is this a where's Waldo? I don't see any engine.

Sponsored

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder if Ford is going to put an engine cover on these to give a little dressing up under the hood? New cars seem to have some level of spaghetti monster or Jackson Pollock going on under the hood...the turbo piping only adds to it.

mneblett

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150, 2019 Mustang GT vert, 2019 Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was watching vids of the oil change on the 2.7. Anyone else realize the oil pan in plastic with a plastic drain plug as well? oh and it has a cartrige filter. All unlike the 2.3L.
It's the future. Our 2018 F0159 3.5 EB and 2019 Mustang 5.0 both have them.

The new oil drain plug design is, IMO, better than a bolt threaded into a thin section oil pan bung. The only downside is you have to be ready to control the initial flow out of the pan as you withdraw the plug. If you pull it out fast, the oil will bolt horizontally out of the side of the pan faster than you can say Exxon Valdez. Caught me by surprise the first time I removed one.

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Are there any positives or negatives of having the oil filter on top of the engine like this is?

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Plenty of room. JK.
Modern engine compartments are why I miss the cars I owned in my youth: Galaxy, Fairlane, Chrysler New Yorker, Le Mans, etc. you could reach everything and sit on the fender when working.
I remember the old days sitting on the fender leaning over the engine and having the air cleaner off when we tried to start it having no eyebrows after the carb backfired lol

Dillhole

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Are there any positives or negatives of having the oil filter on top of the engine like this is?
I don't know about any technical pros and cons but lemme tell ya my JK has a cartridge filter up top and it is the easiest and cleanest oil change I've ever done in any vehicle.
Sponsored