First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The higher the gear the less likely it is to roll away even on a steep incline. So in my driveway it’s pretty flat but has a slight slope backwards, so I put my Jeep into reverse when parked. My parents driveway has a slight slope forwards but usually 2nd or 3rd is enough to stop it from rolling. On super steep inclines I’ll throw it into 4th or 5th, never really needed 6th honestly. That would be if you were pointed 90° down.

/s
Pretty sure the Bronco comes with a parking brake LOL
Sponsored

RonM0710

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Edge; Suz. XL7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm sorry that this is my first post, but this is wrong. The reason you leave a manual in gear when parked is to keep it from rolling if your parking brake fails. The LOWER the gear the LESS likely it is to roll and the less distance it will cover if it does. It takes far less energy to roll a vehicle in a higher gear due to the mechanical advantage of the gearing. The engine has to turn less (less compression to overcome) to move a car further in higher gears.

Find yourself a steep hill and try this with your buddy in the driver's seat. You can probably push your Jeep in 6th gear enough to turn the motor over. You shouldn't be able to do so in 1st or reverse.
I was waiting for someone to correct that post.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you keep the top dropped, there's technically about 14,000 feet of headroom before you run into any issues. That's a pretty good spec.
For those of you with big heads at 14000 feet just remember above about 12,500 feet you need supplemental oxygen after 30 minutes. I think that will be one of the 200 accessories also

Rhino

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Victory Vision
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Welcome to the forum! I apologize for making a comment so dumb that you needed to create an account to correct me, but it was a joke lol. A bad one.

Now you’ve got no excuse not to participate now! So welcome my friend!
I was thinking to myself "surely this guy is joking," but then I thought about my 16 yr old son who would read this and try it, and my driveway slopes toward the house!

Then again, he probably knows "/s" means "this is supposed to be funny" even if he doesn't know what sarcasm means.

Thanks for the laugh, even if it was at myself.

Sponsored

madbaird

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

SoLo

First Edition
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

At 6'6" in height, I guess I won't fit in this thing. Well, I guess I saved $60k today.
I was going to buy a Jeep Gladiator Rubicon. Went to drive one and found that my head hit the roof, and if I tried leaning back, it hit the crossbar. I know I fit in a 2021 ford escape, but after seeing this picture, the seat height in the Bronco must be higher. Maybe someone knows a current vehicle with the same headroom I can sit in to see if I'll fit? This Sucks!

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Here's some pics just posted of the 4 door Bronco with its top removed.

- Satellite radio antenna located on the rear roof cross bar
- BRONCO stamping across the rear roof cross bar
- Room for a 72" driver when the seats are fully collapsed
- Soft top measurements: 62" width x 42" depth x 15" height

View attachment 61165

View attachment 61166

View attachment 61167

View attachment 61168

View attachment 61169

View attachment 61170

View attachment 61171
I’m still a little disappointed that the rear seats don’t lay flat/even with the rear cargo area. To me, that’s just wasted space when the seats are folded down.

Sponsored

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hell, at 6'3'' it appears I won't fit either! Damn, not fitting wasn't even on my radar! Calling my therapist now.
Phew! good that I am not 6.3 but 6.2 hope it should be fine for me ;)

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m still a little disappointed that the rear seats don’t lay flat/even with the rear cargo area. To me, that’s just wasted space when the seats are folded down.
It's technically more space... since they kept the rear floor as low as possible, instead of raising it to match the level of the folded seats.

;)

Monkey

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition MAX, F-350, a Tesla, & More...
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
just remember above about 12,500 feet you need supplemental oxygen after 30 minutes.
LOL... please tell me you don’t actually believe that. You have to be a lot higher than that before most normal healthy people need more oxygen. It’s just funny because here in Colorado we hear all kinds of newcomers and tourists say stuff like that. But it’s not like we all wear respirators when we go skiing or a space suit when we hike up one of our many 14,000ft+ peaks. And thousands of people do those things annually.
Sponsored