Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R || 2019 Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Let me clarify, they weren’t cracked like really old/used leather is. Creased would be the better word.
Ah, I understand. Vinyl seems like the way to go. Who cares how much it was used the bronco is not even a year old and it’s already creased up. I’m with you I think vinyl is the winner here.
Sponsored

CanadianHorseMan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So you're saying the MGV is a woven vinyl? If that's the case that's a game changer. It would breathe way better which is my biggest concern in Florida. I was leaving towards cloth seats for that reason.
I haven’t seen them but there was a close up shot of them back in this thread. Didn’t look woven to me. It was textured for sure. I dunno how you could make it woven and waterproof.

MannyFrescoSC

Badlands
First Name
Jr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Honda Accord, 18’ Jeep Compass
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So you're saying the MGV is a woven vinyl? If that's the case that's a game changer. It would breathe way better which is my biggest concern in Florida. I was leaving towards cloth seats for that reason.
It looked like a VERY fine weave in person. Just the texture alone leads me to believe that it’s better ventilated because the surface isn’t flat like traditional vinyl. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was goretex-like. Hopefully they release more information but I’m 100% decided on the MGV

Internally_Combusted

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy C10
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I haven’t seen them but there was a close up shot of them back in this thread. Didn’t look woven to me. It was textured for sure. I dunno how you could make it woven and waterproof.
It doesn't look woven to me either but it is definitely possible to make a tightly woven synthetic material waterproof. I have heavy duty outdoor car covers like this that work very well.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The GF has "leather" in her 2019 Ranger Lariat. Frankly, it's such a low quality "leather" that I would prefer something else than what Ford put in that. So the marine grade vinyl seems to be an upgrade.

Note: I'm pretty sure it's bonded leather. Either way, it's thin, plastic feeling and not luxury at all.

Sponsored

MannyFrescoSC

Badlands
First Name
Jr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So the trim around the butt rest and backrest looks like traditional vinyl. Weave for the rest

MannyFrescoSC

Badlands
First Name
Jr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It doesn't look woven to me either but it is definitely possible to make a tightly woven synthetic material waterproof. I have heavy duty outdoor car covers like this that work very well.
The woven piece is on the butt and backrest portion of the seat. I don’t think the pictures get close enough to show the detail. 100% not a flat surface for those parts

MannyFrescoSC

Badlands
First Name
Jr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

broncobobby

Outer Banks
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Jeep CJ7, 74 F100, 14 Explorer, 18 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Remembering the days when vinyl was final and the sun baking on an open vehicle baked many a butt. Also remember when mom and dad would have those vinyl seats covered in clear vinyl (to keep the new seats new?) making them doubley hot. Thanks but no thanks its leather for me.

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Remembering the days when vinyl was final and the sun baking on an open vehicle baked many a butt. Also remember when mom and dad would have those vinyl seats covered in clear vinyl (to keep the new seats new?) making them doubley hot. Thanks but no thanks its leather for me.
That was 40 years ago. Today's fabric is a different animal.

Sponsored

CanadianHorseMan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

lol, cars didn’t use to have seat belts either. Tech and synthetics have advanced quite a bit since then...

IfIHMadeA2021Scout

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Tremor, IH Scout 80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh the days of clear plastic seat covers! I had an aunt with a Pontiac LeMans with a 455. It was this gold brown green color with an interior that complemented it. It had those thick clear seat covers. I hated sticking to them but loved that car.

Now that you made me think of that car, that color combo would fit the Bronco nicely.

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh the days of clear plastic seat covers! I had an aunt with a Pontiac LeMans with a 455. It was this gold brown green color with an interior that complemented it. It had those thick clear seat covers. I hated sticking to them but loved that car.

Now that you made me think of that car, that color combo would fit the Bronco nicely.
While were on the topic of old car stuff remember vinyl roofs. Might be an option for all those wanting a white roof on their Bronco (I double dare you) ;)

Ford Bronco Pics of Marine Grade Vinyl Seats vs Leather Seats in 2021 Bronco - comparison 1602544439685

ByeByeJeep

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 and 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks!

So let me ask it this way. Would someone who doesn't know its vinyl think its leather?
I would say so. Closer to leather than the typical work truck vinyl. A lot of effort seemed to have gone into making this surface appealing and usable for the purpose it’s supposed to be used for. Checking the box for leather is a bad move IMO.
Sponsored