First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 and 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would like to see which one stays tight and does not develop looseness and wrinkles.
leather will lose that battle all day long. Synthetic leather, vinyl, leatherette, etc is almost always going to be superior when it comes to that specific performance measurement. If it’s long term appearance you want, my money would be on those vinyl seats. Having owned numerous new Ford products with leather, I will say that I’ve yet to be impressed with even the short term durability of the seats (appearance wise).
Sponsored

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ClaviusBase

Outer Banks
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sasquatch Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m sure this has been answered somewhere but can you swap out carpet for the vinyl floor on a badlands?

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hope you guys aren't making a decision on the vinyl based on the idea that it will be cooler than leather, because it definitely won't. Neither is breathable without perforations.

I wish they gave the vinyl a leather grain rather than a synthetic texture. But the deal- realer for me is orange stitching. That will definitely look awful with Cactus grey.

Sponsored

bmclain

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer, 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m sure this has been answered somewhere but can you swap out carpet for the vinyl floor on a badlands?
I was told at the event that if you get leather on the badlands, you get carpet as well. That was a new one for me.

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Vinal seats pass for leather in a lot of cars . Vegan leather they call it. So it is not made from cows it is made from plastic vinal.

BellyRat

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Aaron,

I'm 53 years old. I grew up on the vinyl seats of the 60's, 70's and early 80's....

THIS IS NOT YOUR GRANDPA's VINYL!!!

I've also owned and road in many different vehicles with today modern leather seats...

THIS IS AS GOOD IF NOT BETTER THAN MOST OF TODAYS LEATHER!!!

I've seen, touched and experienced all 3 (yesterday's vinyl, today's leather and Bronco marine grade vinyl) and I'm going with the marine grade without reservation.

Or....you can take the advice of some guy who is reminiscing about his moms burnt ass sitting on clear plastic. :) :LOL:?

Last edited:

Sponsored

SafariJeff

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Defender / 2000 Discovery / 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not only is today's vinyl not like 10-20-30+ years ago, today's manufacturing process and quality control makes every inch the same reducing the chance to blemishes, splitting and falling apart. The new boats that have marine vinyl lasts 20 years and still look great. With leather, you have remember are animal hides, and even thought highly highly processed with harsh chemicals in the tanning process, it leaves much more chances for blemishes and defects that can come out after you start sitting on them. Again, they have the tanning process down after 200+ years but make no mistake, neither are 'natural' by the time you sit on them.

TNBronc4344

Badlands
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would like to see which one stays tight and does not develop looseness and wrinkles.
Says every man when picking out seats and women!?