Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
leather is also very easy to repair.

I don’t even know how to repair vinyl.
I use to do upholstery professionally. We had vinyl repaired all the time.
What I don't know, is how do you repair leather? You can't fix a leather tear (and not have it noticeable), you have to replace the damaged section. With vinyl, the two edges are glued/melted together and more often than not, you will never know its been repaired. (It's a bit more involved than that, but that's the easy description).

Personally I would want cloth. Butt doesn't sweat in the summer and doesn't freeze in the winter.
In my younger days leather truly was an upgrade, but these days the leather used is crap and the vinyls used are much improved. In both my wife's Jag and her new Mercedes (as well as the leather in my Ranger) looks and feels like vinyl. Whereas a good quality vinyl looks and feels like soft leather. Figure that one out?:unsure:

....and I have to say it...."Marine Grade" vinyl doesn't equate to better quality. That's just Fords marketing team at work. Same as they advertise using "Military grade" aluminum, when they are just using the same aluminum that every other manufacturer (and the military) uses.
There is good and bad quality "marine" vinyl. Marine grade simply means it is mildew and UV resistant. All automotive vinyl meets these requirements.

Until Ford increases the towing capacity I can't get a Bronco, but if they do, I will be replicating the same cloth interior that they have been showing in the Cactus Grey one. Love that interior!
Sponsored

aouvrier

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang, Nissan Altima
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I know it's only pre-production, but the outline of the horse (bronco) is slightly different between the leather and the vinyl...

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL traded for 23 Tundra waiting on BD Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I put high grade vinyl in my Ram and it showed very little wear and was super easy to keep clean for the seven years I had it. I bird hunt and the dogs always somehow end up on the seats at some point during the trip.

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yessir! Gimme some of them there vinyls on my Bronco, please.

The vinyl is much more durable and don't need the level of care the leather seats will. Think topless in the sun with no fading.

Just hope there is a lighter color option, but in the end, I'll take this color with my Area 51 exterior.

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

All interiors for far have been pretty plain in my book, but what’s important to me is when I am 300 miles from home and my dog throws up all over my car, I can wash it out with my road shower.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You had a chance to touch them? Is the vinyl water resistant and easy to clean? And it didn't have that smooth slippy texture like the leather does?
Your answer is in the name of the seats (marine grade vinyl) Marine meaning boat, so since boats get wet, yes, marine grade vinyl is very water resistant. Yes, they are a bit slippery.

Leather is not water resistant at all really and must be cleaned and dried ASAP.

Mcfly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The early B&P configurator leak mentions leather in Sandstone for the WT, but we’ve yet to see this. Would be cool if it weren’t for the horrid carpeted floors that come along with it.

It looks like I’ll need to overpay for the rubberized floor's
as going with the BL includes swaybar, rock rails, bash plates and modular steel bumper... all of which I really don’t need. I just can’t get past the smell of soggy carpeting in Florida heat

Sponsored

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

trying again

Can anybody tell me which is better? i hear people saying vinyl will make you sweat more than leather? is that true? would vinyl stand up to dog claws better than leather?
Vinyl generally is more durable than actual leather. Real leather will scratch more than vinyl. But hard to say as most car “leather” seats are not leather and actually a mixture of materials, like vinyl. I have a feeling this will be like my 4Runner fake leather seats hopefully where it looks like leather but is more durable and my dog does not scratch it. As far as sweating it has been my experience that my ass sweats on real leather and vinyl the same amount. I would say roughly 1 tbsp per hour in hot sunny weather

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

noahr

Black Diamond
First Name
Noah @ Mullinax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

True, I hadn’t thought about that lol. I kept looking up the food chain instead of down. The only issue is you can’t add the high package on the BD. I wanted to get her a very nice interior similar to my car. I don’t love the BD rims and I don’t live the smaller tires. B&P will settle this!
You can get black aluminum rims on the bd, I am going to do that, I was on a big bend for a while but the washout interior and steel bumpers are def worth the extra 3 grand for the trim bump but idk how it is for u going down

Riverat

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That vinyl looks great. Might make the decision between Badlands and Wildtrak much easier.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can get black aluminum rims on the bd, I am going to do that, I was on a big bend for a while but the washout interior and steel bumpers are def worth the extra 3 grand for the trim bump but idk how it is for u going down
I looked at those but I still hate them, they look too much like spare tires to me lol. I really like the WikdTrak rims and wish I could get those without that trim. The steel bumpers, washout and vinyl are starting to sway me. Easier to clean with dogs and my wife can hit things and not demolish the plastic bumper ? I’m holding out hope there’s more accessories in the B&P. If I could get signature lights and different rims it might be worth it.
Sponsored