Pics taken from preproduction Broncos.

MARINE GRADE VINYL SEAT

View attachment 46898

LEATHER SEAT

View attachment 46895

SIDE BY SIDE

View attachment 46899

Another vinyl seat photo (and feedback) by @BellyRat

Got to put my hands on the vinyl seats today. They are a lot softer than I thought. Definitely softer than leather. They look and feel fantastic. A leather upgrade would be a waste of money.

2021 Bronco Vinyl Seats Rear.jpg
Will the marine grade vinyl seats be the same in the Black diamond and the Badlands? Will there be anything to differentiate between the two? Will the orange stitching be exclusive to Badlands seats?
Sponsored

Arsh

Badlands
First Name
Arsh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus NX 300
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a 2020 lexus with vinyl seats. It never got overly hot in summer days. Very soft and comfortable. Easy to clean as well. If the leather is more expensive I’m definitely going vinyl with out a doubt.

TurkeyRun

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, '02 F-350, 21 Expy, 4 Harleys and a BMW GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I seriously want to buy a totally overkill (for me) Bad lands just for the vinyl seats and rubber floors.
yup

Actually thought about the Wildtrack, but then (ugh) cloth seats and carpet.

So, BadSquatch for me..

bk1287

Black Diamond
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For those asking if vinyl cracks, german cars have had "leatherette" for years. If you go look up old jettas, etc. with them, they don't crease or age nearly as bad as real leather. No brainer IMO.

Marine2146

Badlands
First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ask about the controls for the Power seats in the badlands today an the rep said they made the decision to keep electronics out of the marine vinyl seats. He said if I wanted power seats in the badlands i would have to get leather.

9A77AC19-369C-4949-8E37-56BBBEDE117D.jpeg

ABC6D989-604E-4639-BA4D-8A8ADED5820F.jpeg

Sponsored

Parker

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gr Che Overland, Corvette, Tahoe, 46 Chevy 2ton
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I need details on the feel of this vinyl. I think they look great, so that's kinda moot for me (I'd say the vinyl may look a bit better imo). I'm good with either, but love the smell of a good leather.

Does the vinyl have any weird vinyly smell to it? Or just smells like new car adhesives (lol -- love it).

And most importantly, you already brushed on it...hows the texture, the feel...soft, hard, does it flex well, you think it'll flex well in the winter at say 14ÂşF (-10ÂşC for CDN)?

Will it crack in the long run...hmm, you prolly can't answer that, haha, but these are my thoughts.

R
Murphy's Oil Soap has a great Tack Room Leather smell - it soaks in to leather and sofens it, but it is great on vinyl (most leather seats are half vinyl) too. It is a mild soap so if you don't clean it all off it doesn't bother washable clothing. I put too much on in Corvette Convertible, and then it will rewash with just a damp towel, or wiping up after a rain shower.

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Count me in for the Vinyl. The leather will be a leatherette on the seating surfaces and vinyl on the side and back. Even Katzkin isn't full leather, they charge more for full leather.

hammerdown

Black Diamond
First Name
DAVID
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford 150 Screw
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
And... even then... "leather trimmed seats" is the description of most auto leather. You gotta go high end: Cadillac, Lincoln, BMW, Mercedes, etc to get full leather.

Ford, Chev, Dodge = "leather trimmed" with pleather middle inserts and back seats are almost always "pleather" [ fake leather]

Conversely... i like the feel of pleather and it lasts longer and is lower maintenance anyway.

Im going BD spefically for the marine interior.

Marine2146

Badlands
First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
...Forgot to mention when I was asking about vinyl seats the rep said the leather seats in the badlands will also have orange stitching.

Sponsored

hammerdown

Black Diamond
First Name
DAVID
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford 150 Screw
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yessir! Gimme some of them there vinyls on my Bronco, please.

The vinyl is much more durable and don't need the level of care the leather seats will. Think topless in the sun with no fading.

Just hope there is a lighter color option, but in the end, I'll take this color with my Area 51 exterior.
Yeah... anyone who "top down"s their Bronco regularly is gonna burn up leather fast.

Im in OK and can attest to gallons of leather care used in vain to protect vert leather seats.

For me its vinyl or cloth cause 80% of the time, my Bronco will have no doors and no top... whole reason im buying it.

Vinyl is first choice ?

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I need details on the feel of this vinyl. I think they look great, so that's kinda moot for me (I'd say the vinyl may look a bit better imo). I'm good with either, but love the smell of a good leather.

Does the vinyl have any weird vinyly smell to it? Or just smells like new car adhesives (lol -- love it).

And most importantly, you already brushed on it...hows the texture, the feel...soft, hard, does it flex well, you think it'll flex well in the winter at say 14ÂşF (-10ÂşC for CDN)?

Will it crack in the long run...hmm, you prolly can't answer that, haha, but these are my thoughts.

R
I felt both today. The leather actually felt premium. It's definitely not junk like you find in some cars. It's nice.

The vinyl was very soft. Unlike what some other's have said in the thread, my hand didn't grip to it at all, slid right across it. It was raining and about 70 degrees today and the broncos were in the shade, but the vinyl was much cooler to the tough than the leather.

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Marine grade looks much richer than I envisioned. One more reason to go with the Badlands over the Basesquatch.

hammerdown

Black Diamond
First Name
DAVID
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford 150 Screw
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Marine grade looks much richer than I envisioned. One more reason to go with the Badlands over the Basesquatch.
Vinyl is a far better covering than leather would ever be. Just look at a 10 year old boat...

Leather is just associated with luxury so it gets the kuddos...

This is coming from a guy with 2 leathered out vehicles..

Vinyl is far better....
Sponsored

Last edited: