kkurni

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Countryman
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
how much the total cost to upgrade that tires?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Greenbrick

Greenbrick

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

how much the total cost to upgrade that tires?
$3k for the wheels and tires from custom offsets. I sold my SAS wheels and tires for $1500 so it was a net $1500 cost.

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great rig and thanks for taking the time to share all you have done. I am curious how easy it was to sell your OEM tires/wheels and what media outlet you used. I will likely need to sale my modular bumper and brush guard soon after delivery. Maybe even on this forum!

OP
OP
Greenbrick

Greenbrick

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Great rig and thanks for taking the time to share all you have done. I am curious how easy it was to sell your OEM tires/wheels and what media outlet you used. I will likely need to sale my modular bumper and brush guard soon after delivery. Maybe even on this forum!
Thanks. My dealer hooked me up with another Customer (who I think is a member of this forum!) so it was pretty easy for me. I’d start there and see if anything comes up. Then I’d leverage this forum if nothing turns up.

Sponsored

kkurni

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Countryman
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
$3k for the wheels and tires from custom offsets. I sold my SAS wheels and tires for $1500 so it was a net $1500 cost.
Where did you sell your SAS wheels and installed custom wheels?

OP
OP
Greenbrick

Greenbrick

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

OP
OP
Greenbrick

Greenbrick

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Where did you sell your SAS wheels and installed custom wheels?
My dealer hooked me up with another one of their customers.

rsmtracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 RAM 1500 Crew Cab, 18 Jeep JKU Sport S
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Looking at the CV angles in the op this is not something I'll do if you're offroading your Bronco. The CVs look maxed out with the truck on the ground what do you think will happen when the wheel is on a rut spinning for example? You're overextending your IFS with a setup like this, you'll have premature wear in your CV axels, tierods and control arms bushings, you may have contact with the uca and coil springs at full droop. This is why top spacers do suck with IFS. If you wanted a high lifted IFS wait until the aftermarket comes up with their lift brackets where you get diff drop brackets, and lifted hubs that correct the angle on those CV axels, tie rod extensions etc... Or wait for the real long travel kits.

With IFS it's best to your lift at 2-2.5", maybe It'll work at 3" in this application but we haven't seen how the angles look like at 3". They're horrible at 4" clearly from the op pics. avoid top spacers unless your thing will be a mall crawler or you're doing them to correct a trim issue. (1/2" spacers tops).

I saw the King setup last week for the Bronco at the Pomona offroad show and it's tits. Will run circles around the factory Badland suspension setup and give a small lift to accommodate 37's if you want to go that route. Lifting an IFS on the cheap is going to give you troubles. If you're going to use spacers to lift your ifs without diff drop brackets and the like, then use the coil spring preload type and don't exceed 1" in your actual spacer heigth.. You have a motion ratio in your control arms so 1" spacer should translate to 1.6" lift but that size depends on how much travel you have on your front struts. I think the Raptor dudes can use a 1" or a little preload without much adverse effect when it comes to performance and their arms are longer and the Fox coilovers Ford is using in that application are also longer than the ones in the Bronco. Avoid top spacers like the plague.

Gonzo

Outer Banks
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not to hijack the thread - but your pod lights are exactly what I am looking for (Area 51 OBX/SAS here). Can you give info on those? TIA

Sponsored
OP
OP
Greenbrick

Greenbrick

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Maine Explorer

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I read 4 inch lift and thought, that's going to be too much and is gonna look silly... but no it looks good and perfectly normal.

How much do you need to lift a bronco for it to look like too much and look funny? 8 inches :ROFLMAO:

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I read 4 inch lift and thought, that's going to be too much and is gonna look silly... but no it looks good and perfectly normal.
It is 3" in front and 2" in rear for sasquatch models. For base models it is 4" in front and 3" in rear.

With IFS it's best to your lift at 2-2.5", maybe It'll work at 3" in this application but we haven't seen how the angles look like at 3". They're horrible at 4" clearly from the op pics. avoid top spacers unless your thing will be a mall crawler or you're doing them to correct a trim issue. (1/2" spacers tops).
It is 3" change from sasquatch in front. Note that only half of the front lift is from a strut spacer. With the sloped spacer added, the modified sasquatch coilover is almost as long as the King coilover. You can argue about the preload, but if you don't like the 1" strut spacer, you will also have to condemn the King and Fox coilovers (if used without diff drop, etc).

rutherk1

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Picture of CV angles? Does the 4 inch lift do anything to compensate for CV issues? How does it look with some droop and turn?
Truck looks great. Its not a diff drop solution. It just puts the suspension into 4 inches of droop in order to gain the height. CV angles are fine for super mild stuff but any significant off roading induced droop is going to be a problem.

Truck does look good.