First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I bought this same kit. Scheduled for install next Monday!

tempImager20ylq.png
Sponsored

JetG

First Edition
First Name
Jet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Macan Turbo w/PP & 2016 911 Turbo Vert
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
What is the over all height? looking to see what is the highest point to see if it will get into some parking garages in Downtown Houston.

OP
OP
Greenbrick

Greenbrick

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

What is the over all height? looking to see what is the highest point to see if it will get into some parking garages in Downtown Houston.
My rig is now right at 77" tall.

JetG

First Edition
First Name
Jet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Macan Turbo w/PP & 2016 911 Turbo Vert
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
WOW I would have thought it would have been taller than 6'5".. I thought the stock height of the first edition was 78"?

Sponsored

rsmtracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 RAM 1500 Crew Cab, 18 Jeep JKU Sport S
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It is 3" in front and 2" in rear for sasquatch models. For base models it is 4" in front and 3" in rear.

It is 3" change from sasquatch in front. Note that only half of the front lift is from a strut spacer. With the sloped spacer added, the modified sasquatch coilover is almost as long as the King coilover. You can argue about the preload, but if you don't like the 1" strut spacer, you will also have to condemn the King and Fox coilovers (if used without diff drop, etc).
Fox or King wouldn't use a top spacer and I'd trust their R&D with my eyes closed. I've been using King and Icon for years without a single issue going hard at it on dirt roads and washboards with them. I've done top spacers twice in my IFS applications. First time when i didn't know crap about lifts i wanted a lift on the cheap and did 2.5" top spacers with 5100's set at 1" lift. Messed up those bilies twice, in the Toyota Tacoma we have have external bumpstops so if you don't bump them taller to account for the top spacers the strut will top out way sooner, and i ended up messing up 5100's twice :), tore down my CV boots often after that, had CV failures etc etc. With the Broncos the bumpstop in in the strut shaft so youll be ok but the issue could be CV angles at operating range and throw at full extension while offraoding, how are the tierods at full extension, is your UCA hitting the coils at full droop ? etc

Since you're saying we'll have to condem King or Fox. I bet you e-$20 if you droop a Bronco in full with King or Fox 2.5 OE CO's you won't max out your arms/tie rods etc etc.

Do the entire community a favor, since you have this lift with the spacers. Lift the front and put the truck in jack stands with the wheels in the air. Lets look at your CV's/tie rod,control arms etct etc etc. post pics from all the angles. Do this for you too. You bought a $50k nice little truck you don't want to fack it with a cheapy (it should be cheap but it seems these spacers are really on the very expensive side, my god :))

This is the King setup at normal range. i don't have a picture with them drooping a wheel in the air but knowing at least how King does the OE setups i could almost guarantee you they did their homework. We don't shell $3000-$4000 on their shocks for nothing :)

And i won't argue preload, preload is good and needed with IFS to lift, i'm arguing about the big top spacers. 1/2" are good to correct a trim issue say you added a heavy bumper or bumper + winch, maybe 1" tops and that's assuming you have fixed assemblies like the factory Bilsteins and the extra 1.5"1-.6" extra lift you'll get from them (I think Bronco motion ratio is around 1.6:1) . it'll be an abomination to put a 1" top spacer to a King or Fox CO setup when you can simply adjust the preload.

51574665408_80ccf9607e_h.jpg

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fox or King wouldn't use a top spacer and I'd trust their R&D with my eyes closed.
Zone and BDS are both subsidiaries of Fox.

Since you're saying we'll have to condemn King or Fox.
No, I was just pointing out that the max CV droop on the King front shocks is the same as the Maxlider BDS/Zone sasquatch coilover kit.

The advantage of longer coilovers is that they can potentially have more wheel travel (and better up/down travel ratio), but rebuildable shocks tend to waste part of the stroke so they are not always better. Unfortunately, the King rear coilover wheel travel is 10% worse than SAS. Hopefully Fox or other coilovers will have better specs.

1/2" are good to correct a trim issue say you added a heavy bumper or bumper + winch, maybe 1" tops and that's assuming you have fixed assemblies like the factory Bilsteins
Maxlider BDS/Zone 2dr SAS+3" kit uses a 1.08" strut spacer. With the spacer attached, the modified front coilover extended length is 23.88". King is 23.96". So the spacer kit is slightly safer for the front CV than the King coilover for the same ride height.

Rosalieee

Raptor
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, BMW M3 Competition X-Drive
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Did you have any issues mounting the larger spare? Brake light? Bumper? The little rubber stopper behind the tire?

ShaneMD27

Base
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 PPV Tahoe, 2001 Audi TT
Your Bronco Model
Base
I bought this same kit. Scheduled for install next Monday!

Ford Bronco Pics of Maxlider 4” Lift Kit Stage 1 on First Edition Bronco 51574665408_80ccf9607e_h
Check your bds box and make sure your control arms look different. Bds packaged two passenger side control arms in my box and they have found 4 other customers that have the same issue. If they are the same contact maxlider and they will ship a replacement out quick

Rus-T

Black Diamond
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Check your bds box and make sure your control arms look different. Bds packaged two passenger side control arms in my box and they have found 4 other customers that have the same issue. If they are the same contact maxlider and they will ship a replacement out quick
Thanks for the heads up. I just checked. I’m good. That would of sucked. It’s being installed in the morning.

Sponsored

ShaneMD27

Base
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 PPV Tahoe, 2001 Audi TT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks for the heads up. I just checked. I’m good. That would of sucked. It’s being installed in the morning.
Yeah mine gets installed next week and I’m glad I opened it up to check. So damn annoying haha

Rus-T

Black Diamond
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
OP
OP
Greenbrick

Greenbrick

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Did you have any issues mounting the larger spare? Brake light? Bumper? The little rubber stopper behind the tire?
None. Plenty of clearance. Not much different than stock Sasquatch wheels & tires.

Rus-T

Black Diamond
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

staffcurtis

Badlands
First Name
staff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is there any improvements on the spacer/ control arm kits? I have a badlands sasquatch and am wanting a 3-4" lift to run 37" tires. Actually, my bronco looks like the one from the OP, but 37's are my primary goal.
Sponsored