First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We took the Bronco out into the wash near the house last night to get some pics with the new Halo Doors from Anderson Composites. They aren't painted yet so they don't quite match the Oxford White of the Bronco.

IMG_3899X.jpg

I've had these in a box for a couple of months and finally put them on last week. I was impressed with the quality of the doors. They fit perfectly without any body work, although I could have taken more time to align them better. The latches are on the inside only, so the outside stays clean. They're easy to reach through the hole in the door. Actually a little easier to open from outside the vehicle than from the driver seat. The doors are very light, I think the Bronco gained 10 horsepower without the weight of the top and the stock doors. My only gripe is that they don't come with hinges. So I'm having to swap the door-side hinge halves from the stock doors when I put these on. I'll probably spring for a second set of hinges to solve that, but they're kind of pricey from Ford, and you can't buy the door half of the hinge separately.

IMG_0916X.jpg

I'm going to relegate these to topless duty only. I've seen others running them with the top on and that just doesn't look right to me. These will stay in the door bags when I'm running the hard top and stock doors. I'll be painting them at some point, but the Bronco will be getting more fiberglass in the near future so I'll wait and paint it all at once.

IMG_0905X.jpg

IMG_0934X.jpg

IMG_0900X.jpg

IMG_0897X.jpg
Even if the aren't painted they look amazing!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Those are some beautiful shots, but Iā€™d love to see some utility shots. Up close shots of the inside and the jams and what not. Are there any windows or is it just open?
It's just an open hole. No glass or anything. I'll post some more detailed shots when I get a chance.

OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This guy posted the hinge part numbers if itā€™s cheaper than buying sets.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/anderson-composite-halo-doors-installed-review-photos.52053/
Thanks, yeah I saw his post, and had already priced them myself through a buddy of mine who is a parts manager at a Ford dealer. I know I can buy them from Ford. I was just disappointed they don't come with the doors from the manufacturer, as it is otherwise a very complete kit (it includes latches, seals/rubbers, etc.). The door side of the hinge is very simple, it could easily be made cheaply at just about any job shop, at a much better price than buying both hinge sides from Ford. But yeah, I'll probably just end up buying them from Ford myself, and throwing the car-side of the hinge in the landfill LOL.

Last edited:

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The doors look really cool! That said, other than adding to the aesthetic value what purpose do these serve? Iā€™m genuinely curious of thereā€™s a purpose other than enhancing looks.

Nothing Left

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Audi A8, Wrangler JK, WR450F
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
0de2c4d3-7861-4762-bcd8-4e34f2fd4c01.jpg

My wife saw this in our neighborhood :)
Huge miss by not getting a giant Bronco script tat on their left thigh. Guess I will have to convince the wife she needs a matching script on her right thigh so we look badass with those doors.

Sponsored

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks, yeah I saw his post, and had already priced them myself through a buddy of mine who is a parts manager at a Ford dealer. I know I can buy them from Ford. I was just disappointed they come with the doors from the manufacturer, as it is otherwise a very complete kit (it includes latches, seals/rubbers, etc.). The door side of the hinge is very simple, it could easily be made cheaply at just about any job shop, at a much better price than buying both hinge sides from Ford. But yeah, I'll probably just end up buying them from Ford myself, and throwing the car-side of the hinge in the landfill LOL.
After almost a year, I have surface rust on my car-side hinges. Spares might come in handy. Would stick them in a parts box, just in case.

OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

0de2c4d3-7861-4762-bcd8-4e34f2fd4c01.jpg

My wife saw this in our neighborhood :)
Nice! I first saw these on a Velocity Blue one :) It was Anderson Composites' Wildtrak, at Fabulous Fords Forever in Irwindale last May. I was sold, even though I think they look goofy with the hard top on LOL.

Ford Bronco Pics of my Bronco with Halo Doors From Anderson Composites 279357150_10226310201718179_4964129550326048900_n

For those who asked for closer detailed shots, I realized I had some closer shots I had taken of this blue one back then, so here they are. Saves me a trip out to the parking lot :) Note these have the carbon fiber inlay, which mine doesn't have.

Ford Bronco Pics of my Bronco with Halo Doors From Anderson Composites 279365389_10226310202798206_4239056263139045290_n

Ford Bronco Pics of my Bronco with Halo Doors From Anderson Composites 279384863_10226310202518199_2113391601212550506_n

Ford Bronco Pics of my Bronco with Halo Doors From Anderson Composites 279309093_10226310202598201_3044528631800421286_n

Ford Bronco Pics of my Bronco with Halo Doors From Anderson Composites 279268884_10226310201838182_6929180416275802783_n

ā€˜21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

They fit in the door bags? Or come with their own? They look really thick. That was one of the things I wondered is where does a guy put them especially after painted to keep them nice.

OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The doors look really cool! That said, other than adding to the aesthetic value what purpose do these serve? Iā€™m genuinely curious of thereā€™s a purpose other than enhancing looks.
To me, it's mostly a cosmetic thing, but I do like that they give you an even more "open air" feel when running around with the top off. As I've said, it doesn't make much sense to me, to run these with the top on.

For those of us who are into Early Broncos and Jeeps, running doorless is a thing (the Early Bronco even came from the factory in a doorless roadster version). But sometimes it's nice to have "something" there, rather than just emptiness between you and the next traffic lane. I've never liked the look of tube doors, so for me, the Halo Doors are a nice compromise between full doors and no doors.

ried

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They fit in the door bags? Or come with their own? They look really thick.
Wouldn't they be the same thickness as the regular stock door? It fits into the same door space.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They fit in the door bags? Or come with their own? They look really thick. That was one of the things I wondered is where does a guy put them especially after painted to keep them nice.
I have the door bags from Ford, and these fit in them. They will reside in the door bags whenever I'm running the full top and doors, just like the stock ones are currently in the bags while I'm running the Halo Doors. They don't seem to be any thicker than the stock doors.

ā€˜21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wouldn't they be the same thickness as the regular stock door? It fits into the same door space.
Youā€™d think they would be the cutout portion just looks thick. probably because itā€™s on an angle and not straight straight thru. And you canā€™t see through the stock doorsšŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didn't think I wanted these but they're really growing on me. Looks nice!

Must. Hold. Firm. For. Roadster. Inserts.

OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Which spare tire carrier is that?
It's just a tailgate stiffener. It's an ICON prototype, not yet in production. The tire mount is stock.