Sponsored

[PICS] Outer Banks Roast vs Wiltrak Sandstone Leather (can’t find pics!!)

Bronco Finder

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F150 , Broncos 76, 75, 72, 72, 68, 67, 66
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ive been back and forth. OBX leather, then Badlands for all Black, and finally decided on Wildtrak.

I need my painted door handles! I will need to trade some a gray grille though!
I'm hoping we can order black handles from the dealers after delivery, I think it looks better on the WT in my opinion.
Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm hoping we can order black handles from the dealers after delivery, I think it looks better on the WT in my opinion.
The front handles are expensive since they are sold with the keyless mechanism for passive entry. The front two are probably around 160-180 each for paintable handles. Plus the cost to paint. If you are referring to unfinished black handles maybe slightly cheaper but the handles add up to quite a bit.

other models from ford

8F5F47A1-0FD0-493D-8A6D-177CE7113C20.png

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Me too!

The front handles are expensive since they are sold with the keyless mechanism. The front two are probably around 160-180 each for paintable handles. Plus the cost to paint. If you are referring to unfinished black handles maybe slightly cheaper but the handles add up to quite a bit.
Dammit

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Damn this thread has me considering switching to a wildtrak the more I look at the photos. But need to stick to my guns on the OBX sas w roast.

I did used to have a similar interior on a Lexus called Ecru which was a very light blonde interior. Although it was for the full interior. The front seat bottom particularly around the front and sides looked like garbage in 2 years and constantly required deep cleaning from wearing jeans. They would transfer to the leather. So the sandstone is placed in the exact area of the seat bottom that takes on the most staining. Not good.

Ford Bronco [PICS] Outer Banks Roast vs Wiltrak Sandstone Leather (can’t find pics!!) BB087397-F616-4EB4-96FA-9C7674791E03

Last edited:

rhinoamerican

Wildtrak
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Cadillac CTS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The OBX dash looks like one of the launch concept vehicles. I've been thinking of switching from BL to OBX with the dream of going to an auto upholster to get the seats/console/wheel wrapped like this....

Ford Bronco [PICS] Outer Banks Roast vs Wiltrak Sandstone Leather (can’t find pics!!) 1612472785606

Sponsored

SK29

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The OBX dash looks like one of the launch concept vehicles. I've been thinking of switching from BL to OBX with the dream of going to an auto upholster to get the seats/console/wheel wrapped like this....

Ford Bronco [PICS] Outer Banks Roast vs Wiltrak Sandstone Leather (can’t find pics!!) 1612472785606

Hi all ... apologies if this has been noticed/asked .... The backseats in these OBX pictures don’t have the “middle” seat that pulls down like we see in WT .... I thought I had seen/read that all leather packages come with that pull down middle back seat? I am between WT and OBX with leather .... this would make a difference for me .....

Charky

Wildtrak
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A7
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hi all ... apologies if this has been noticed/asked .... The backseats in these OBX pictures don’t have the “middle” seat that pulls down like we see in WT .... I thought I had seen/read that all leather packages come with that pull down middle back seat? I am between WT and OBX with leather .... this would make a difference for me .....
That's a difference between a four door and two door. Four door rear seat has the middle pull down with cup holders.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All leather gets the fold down... except, that OB is a 2-door. So only two seats in the back. No third middle seat to hold the cup holders.

Akula22

Outer Banks
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Damn this thread has me considering switching to a wildtrak the more I look at the photos. But need to stick to my guns on the OBX sas w roast.

I did used to have a similar interior on a Lexus called Ecru which was a very light blonde interior. Although it was for the full interior. The front seat bottom particularly around the front and sides looked like garbage in 2 years and constantly required deep cleaning from wearing jeans. They would transfer to the leather. So the sandstone is placed in the exact area of the seat bottom that takes on the most staining. Not good.

This was my biggest and only no go on the WT. I went to a local dealer that had an Explorer with the sandstone interior and looked very similar to this image. It’s just too light IMO for a utility vehicle.

Sponsored

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What really swayed me was the interior of my '06 Chrysler is a very light tan like Sandstone and the console cover and armrest takes constant cleaning to keep looking good. That car is 15 years old and it's held up well enough for a sedan but I expect to be a little dirtier with the Bronco.

JWBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was set on the OBX from the start. However, the Wildtrack interior has gown on me. I was never a fan of the black and roast, but that dash did it in. I switched to Wildtrack and I still get the body color door handles! The 2.7 will be nice too!
I like the sandstone and black more and more each time I see it.

Akula22

Outer Banks
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Inevitably the following anecdote will lead to people making fun of me, but whatever this was an experience of mine.

Years back I had a Ford Fusion with a lighter gray interior. My normal pants of choice are denim jeans and noticed that the dye of my jeans started to change the leather interior. Seems like all jean brands nowadays use a lot more dye in their denim so if you get a light interior beware it will rub-off.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Whenever I built an OBX I selected the Space gray and navy pier leather. When paired with any of the blue paints (AMB, VB A51) or the grays, and they matched nicely. I would only go Black and Roast with CO and the reds. I do prefer the Sandstone and black onyx over the black and roast, but that had little to do with why I selected a WildTrak over an OBX. If given a choice I would prefer an all all black or all sandstone in either leather or a MGV option for the WildTrak.
I believe the black onyx leather areas where you actually sit and make contact with your back will wear well and hide dirt. I’m hoping the sandstone MGV portions will be user friendly and cleanup easily. Time will tell I suppose.

OP
OP

Hardline

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have an explorer with sandstone leather and it’s quite beautiful. I’m assuming the Bronco will have the same color and if so, it’s a winner.

The bronze dash on OB is was tipped me to go with Wildtrak.

in fact, I saw a Bronco Sport today at the Ford dealership today and was not impressed with the bronze accents in the interior. The roast actually looked good but not enough to sway me away.
Sponsored