First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Its the same size as a 4Runner. Height is the same, width and length are both within an inch from each other.
Wrangler is a much closer comparison. 4Runner is a larger vehicle in both length and width. The bronco specs include the ridiculously wide fender flares and spare tire hanging off the ass.
Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All right, I give up. You guys figure out what it compares to.
I guess I was confused by the reported dimensions.

Toyota
Ford Bronco Pics & Videos From OKC Show: 2-Door Trail Concept and Overland Concept Broncos 6AD15D86-F630-4A5A-AD2A-049357B44093

Ford (Outer Banks)
Ford Bronco Pics & Videos From OKC Show: 2-Door Trail Concept and Overland Concept Broncos CC0D156F-2D50-4DC9-939D-F126C8F083BE

So the Bronco is about the same height, same width not counting mirrors, a wider track, six inches longer in wheelbase, and less than an inch difference in length, but somehow doesn't compare to the 4Runner. Also, people are saying Ford is including the spare tire in the length, but there's no difference in length between say Outer Banks and Wildtrack.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wrangler is a much closer comparison. 4Runner is a larger vehicle in both length and width. The bronco specs include the ridiculously wide fender flares and spare tire hanging off the ass.
The 4-door Wrangler is close to the 4-door Bronco in length, but the 2-door Wrangler comes up very short compared to the two-door Bronco--a full 7 inches. Either Wrangler is also less wide, not counting mirrors, and again, using "skinny" tires. The Bronco's track is two inches wider as well, showing that the difference isn't fender flares.

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was really disappointed with the OKC Auto show. I would have liked to have been able to sit it in it, check out the interior up close. Both of the Bronco's were roped off. #disappointed

Edumakated

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That A51 Overland is just perfect imho in regards to stance / proportions. Makes me question if waiting on the Warthog is even worth it beyond possibly getting more power.

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Awesome sauce! I appreciate that!! Texas way more fun anyway!!
Do you prefer Texas for Bronco booty reasons? <just add an "s" to "Texas">

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was really disappointed with the OKC Auto show. I would have liked to have been able to sit it in it, check out the interior up close. Both of the Bronco's were roped off. #disappointed
This reminds me of a saying:

"Any zoo is a petting zoo with enough courage."

BD1

Badlands
First Name
BD1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The 4-door Wrangler is close to the 4-door Bronco in length, but the 2-door Wrangler comes up very short compared to the two-door Bronco--a full 7 inches. Either Wrangler is also less wide, not counting mirrors, and again, using "skinny" tires. The Bronco's track is two inches wider as well, showing that the difference isn't fender flares.
Yep. I really like my wrangler but the increase in size and frameless doors are 2 of the big reasons I am switching.

Ford Bronco Pics & Videos From OKC Show: 2-Door Trail Concept and Overland Concept Broncos Image 12-24-20 at 1.55 PM (5)

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So sleeping on the exposure over the weekend, starting this fresh Monday morning. I decided to change my order. I'm nixing the Modular hard top due to the delays. I'm also adding squatch and losing the mid package as the trade off.

Yes, I came to my senses.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So sleeping on the exposure over the weekend, starting this fresh Monday morning. I decided to change my order. I'm nixing the Modular hard top due to the delays. I'm also adding squatch and losing the mid package as the trade off.

Yes, I came to my senses.
So you are dropping a late availability (and possibly commodity constraint) and adding 2 possible commodity constraints.

OK, are you less stressed about this build? Hopefully so.

Sponsored

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So you are dropping a late availability (and possibly commodity constraint) and adding 2 possible commodity constraints.

OK, are you less stressed about this build? Hopefully so.
Yes, but I have a early reservation date. šŸ˜œ

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes, but I have a early reservation date. šŸ˜œ
Then the MOD top cancel does certainly help while the other 2 might be unhelpful. But you did get rid of a certainty!

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Then the MOD top cancel does certainly help while the other 2 might be unhelpful. But you did get rid of a certainty!
Only 1 constraint, I said I'm losing 2. Mid and MOD top. Nothing else changed on my order. I think my Res number is like 6000 in line. At least that is what I want to believe.

Smheard

First Edition
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Raptor, ā€˜21 Macan S, ā€˜22 Big Bend, '21 FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Only 1 constraint, I said I'm losing 2. Mid and MOD top. Nothing else changed on my order. I think my Res number is like 6000 in line. At least that is what I want to believe.
It's definitely going to be interesting to see the timing. I have a four door FE and opted for the MOD top and black interior. There's no way in hell I'm spending that amount of money on a vehicle with an interior that will have me shaking my head every time I enter the truck. Since I'm going to push on the interior I figured the MOD top wouldn't add any (hopefully) incremental delay.

On the flip side I have a two door Wildtrak with the MIC top. Curious to see which one arrives first. FE was day one and WT was early day two, allocation numbers 3 and 10 respectively at my dealer.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Some things I was curious about and needed a first hand view to realize...

Iā€™m hooked on the washout interior. Living on a dirt road, I knew it was a practical choice. It didnā€™t have that work truck flooring look to it, which was my concern. The Sasquatch fender flares (if thatā€™s what they were) on the 4dr were HUGE! Liked the 2dr flares better. (Sure hope those are stock for BL) The 2dr is definitely comparable in size to the ā€˜66-ā€˜77.

I know weā€™ve all seen 1000s of pictures, but if you get a chance to see one (sorta) up close...do it. I feel like seeing those in person will make the wait a little tougher. šŸ™ˆ I sure didnā€™t want to leave ā€˜em! Ready to wheel!!

Hereā€™s some pictures I havenā€™t seen posted.
BD3F7B03-3747-4768-BAFF-CEB7775FE9BE.jpeg
BAAADE78-6E0D-469D-A55B-91CC73D8BF55.jpeg
Bless you! I was getting pretty discouraged with this thread......jeep pics posted before any mention of the 76' that was there. My son and I were in OKC for basketball this weekend and had some time to make it to the auto show. We're excited about the 2021, but not giddy like our 66's and 71' make us lol.

Ford Bronco Pics & Videos From OKC Show: 2-Door Trail Concept and Overland Concept Broncos 20210307_115035
Sponsored