First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
thank you ..... now curious, isnt ZERO OFFSET the best option for wheel bearing life/durability?
The less the wheel sticks out past the hub face the better for the bearings.

Think about a board sitting on a flat table. As you push the board further past the edge, the more weight there is pulling it down until it tips over and falls.

The same principle applies here. The more wheel/tire that sticks out past the mounting edge, the harder the bearings need to work to keep the wheel spinning true.

Positive offset wheels are ideal in this sense. There's more weight behind the mounting edge than in front. I've only seen people have consistent hub bearing issues when they're running extreme negative offsets.
Sponsored

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm curious how much larger the Bronco was than you had imagined? Specifically the Overland rig.

Reason for asking is that I was shocked at the size of the Overland Bronco when seeing it at Filson in Seattle. It was quite a bit larger than anticipated considering the size of Jeeps. The tires were comically large, bordering on absurd for any on-road driving and yet they are going to be a massive take-rate with the pre-order crowd.

Also, we didn't get the 2-door at the Seattle event, could you please tell me if you felt there was much of a size difference between the 2-door and 4-door from your in-person observations?
I think the grandness of it was amplified by being on a raised platform as well as being on the 35's. Side by side i think the 4 door would still feel like it was alot bigger. All the doors were open on the overland rig and they have the tent on it. So it may be a illusion, I just got that impression seeing it in person. or. It could of been the extra oxygen the illuminati were pumping into the bennet center. You decide. lol. I think its just something that you have to experience for yourself in person to judge. I'm only 5'8 and i feel like i have to grab the grabhandle on the black 2 door bronco badlands to lift myself to get into it. I may be speaking from experience or i may be making that up. who knows.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm curious how much larger the Bronco was than you had imagined? Specifically the Overland rig.

Reason for asking is that I was shocked at the size of the Overland Bronco when seeing it at Filson in Seattle. It was quite a bit larger than anticipated considering the size of Jeeps. The tires were comically large, bordering on absurd for any on-road driving and yet they are going to be a massive take-rate with the pre-order crowd.

Also, we didn't get the 2-door at the Seattle event, could you please tell me if you felt there was much of a size difference between the 2-door and 4-door from your in-person observations?
I've seen both versions in this thread at different events. It's pretty subjective but I came away thinking the 2 door was the perfect size at Super Cel West. I think there were a couple things at play there. It is a small vehicle. Like, really small. That appeals to me. But the first impression I got when I saw it, was not that it was super small. It really took looking at from multiple angles to finally get a good grasp on the actual size. I think that slab sides and broad lines really mess with your head when you're looking at the Bronco.

I saw the Overlander when it was in Moab. I drove out specifically because I was questioning the cargo room in the 2 door but every picture I saw made the 4 door look like a limo. I had the opposite reaction when I saw it in person. I think it looks comparable to the 4 door Wrangler.

I think 33s look great on the 2 door. I think they would look a little small on the 4 door, adding to that stretched look. The lack of proper Sasquatch lift on the Overlander makes those 35s look ridiculous. A couple of inches of lift and 35s would look proportional to the vehicle.

Sponsored

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you clarify this please?

What points are you referring to?
Look at this pic to the left one is the latch striker and the other I think is for the lock.

Ford Bronco Pics & Videos From OKC Show: 2-Door Trail Concept and Overland Concept Broncos C7E74F2D-B64A-4303-B2B4-55431C56FDEF

OldGrayMare

Badlands
First Name
Jami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '67 Tempest, '85 Yota SR5, '16 ATS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Some things I was curious about and needed a first hand view to realize...

I’m hooked on the washout interior. Living on a dirt road, I knew it was a practical choice. It didn’t have that work truck flooring look to it, which was my concern. The Sasquatch fender flares (if that’s what they were) on the 4dr were HUGE! Liked the 2dr flares better. (Sure hope those are stock for BL) The 2dr is definitely comparable in size to the ‘66-‘77.

I know we’ve all seen 1000s of pictures, but if you get a chance to see one (sorta) up close...do it. I feel like seeing those in person will make the wait a little tougher. 🙈 I sure didn’t want to leave ‘em! Ready to wheel!!

Here’s some pictures I haven’t seen posted.
Ford Bronco Pics & Videos From OKC Show: 2-Door Trail Concept and Overland Concept Broncos BD3F7B03-3747-4768-BAFF-CEB7775FE9BE
Ford Bronco Pics & Videos From OKC Show: 2-Door Trail Concept and Overland Concept Broncos BAAADE78-6E0D-469D-A55B-91CC73D8BF55

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

If your expecting the Bronco to be any larger or roomier than a wrangler you are setting yourself up for disappointment. The Bronco is more comfortable seating, and maybe a bit more headroom but I think that was mainly the crossmember locations.

Sponsored

rdperez9411

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 peronal (me and wife) 1 company
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Which lift are you talking about? From base to Sasquatch or the miniscule lift from Badlands to Badlands+Squatch? (genuine question, not trying to imply anything, just clarify your point)

As a fellow 2-door person, and unfortunately only having seen the 4 door (overland rig at the Seattle Filson event), can you share more of how you felt the 2-door differed in size compared to the more-door? overall differences, visual "weight", presence, front seat room, etc. Anything you were noticing/feeling at the time when they were both in front of you.

Screw that, somebody needs to man up and put a slice of pineapple pizza on the front seat and take some pics!

Obviously we can recognize you, you have the Hawaiian suntan. But who are the other members? (If they gave consent to being tagged in the photo)
Always cool to see others and connect a name to an avatar/user name.
I'm the one with the glasses, feel free to tag me in whatever

mrxg78

Badlands
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Insider info, may have had some VIP stuff going on tonight. Only me and two other members know what was said and what was done. It was a awesome evening!!!

Ford Bronco Pics & Videos From OKC Show: 2-Door Trail Concept and Overland Concept Broncos 1615073827969
Ford Bronco Pics & Videos From OKC Show: 2-Door Trail Concept and Overland Concept Broncos 1615073827969
“An Awesome”
Thanks for the pics