Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I can assure you that car seats will be a pain in a two door, especially when rear facing. The carrier/base type seat will be your best bet because you buckle the kid in first, then load the whole carrier onto the base that's fixed to the seat. BUT, if you just have a basic rear facing seat, you will probably have to crawl into the back seat with the kid to strap them in. Then, once you factor in all the stuff babies need, a 4 door is unfortunately your best bet.

Luckily my kids will be out of the car seat phase by the time I can get one lol.
Iā€™m fighting rear facing in my mustang, biggest pain in the ass ever.Plus my knees are in the dash. Bronco will probably replace the mustang.
Sponsored

ndegnan1992

Big Bend
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I can assure you that car seats will be a pain in a two door, especially when rear facing. The carrier/base type seat will be your best bet because you buckle the kid in first, then load the whole carrier onto the base that's fixed to the seat. BUT, if you just have a basic rear facing seat, you will probably have to crawl into the back seat with the kid to strap them in. Then, once you factor in all the stuff babies need, a 4 door is unfortunately your best bet.

Luckily my kids will be out of the car seat phase by the time I can get one lol.
Yeahhhh this is pretty much the conclusion Iā€™ve come too. Good thing i like the 4 door too lol.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™m afraid the grey top will fade like the Avalanche plastic pieces did.
Aerospace 303 protectant or the equivalent product from chemical guys. Youā€™ll have no issues with fade and it will restore it if itā€™s already faded

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Aerospace 303 protectant or the equivalent product from chemical guys. Youā€™ll have no issues with fade and it will restore it if itā€™s already faded
I canā€™t get aerospace to restore the faded wiper cowl on my 2015 f-150...wolfgang temporarily fixes as well as the brand that givesā€œwhiplashā€. I have yet to find a long term solution for it.

Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I canā€™t get aerospace to restore the faded wiper cowl on my 2015 f-150...wolfgang temporarily fixes as well as the brand that givesā€œwhiplashā€. I have yet to find a long term solution for it.
Have you tried the chemical guys one? I forget the name of it

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was just reading over the interior dimensions. Iā€™m disappointed that the 4 door has less hip and shoulder room than the Tacoma crew cab. All other dimensions are a little more on the Bronco though.

Ford Bronco Pics & Videos: Interior Dimensions (Can Sleep Inside), Accessory Mounts, Suspension, Sasquatch, Stubby Bumper B54FA5F5-75C8-48C6-A523-B8466E0D7778

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Have you tried the chemical guys one? I forget the name of it
Ive tried their Trim+Tire Gel, and it does work initially for about a week or two - it has it looking brand new, and then the plastic goes back to faded. Granted, my Flex is nearly 12 years old now, but still - it's also one of the big reasons I don't want to touch the non-painted top with a 10 foot pole.....long term I know that thing will fade like crazy. It is what it is on smaller surfaces like the windshield area or replaceable fenders, but that whole top doing that, yikes...

It looks like they have 3 products that work on the plastic trim:

1) the Aforementioned Trim+Tire Gel
2) "Natural Shine"
3) VPR Protectant (Vinyl+Plastic+Rubber)

Do any of those sound familiar? I might have to try one of the other two and see if they last longer.

Sponsored

Indominus49er

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Romeo, Honda
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I just emailed Goosegear asking about them making products for the upcoming Bronco

Just got a response that they will be making products. Yay!!

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ive tried their Trim+Tire Gel, and it does work initially for about a week or two - it has it looking brand new, and then the plastic goes back to faded. Granted, my Flex is nearly 12 years old now, but still - it's also one of the big reasons I don't want to touch the non-painted top with a 10 foot pole.....long term I know that thing will fade like crazy. It is what it is on smaller surfaces like the windshield area or replaceable fenders, but that whole top doing that, yikes...

2) "Natural Shine"

Do any of those sound familiar? I might have to try one of the other two and see if they last longer.
For those of us that wind up with the molded in color tops, we prob use a product like this from the get go and apply it a few times per year. I bet that will keep it nice and shiny.
But Iā€™m probably going with the shadow black top on mine

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

2) "Natural Shine"

Maybe Aero 303 needs applied once a month to keep it protected to prevent fading, not repair it.
i may be forced to get color match(on BD), then get it wrapped in gloss or satin black.

Sweetooth710

Badlands
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I reserved a 2-door for that 100" wheelbase. But the more i think about the inconvenience of the rear door for daily use, and the potential for a 6' sleeping space in the back of the 4-door that is looking quite tempting.
Iā€™m in that same boat. It would be only me and my girl riding 95% of the time and I like looks and potential performance of the shorter form factor better. I was thinking just take the back seats out for extra gear space, but Iā€˜m so used to have the car camping option with my Element. Iā€™m so on the fence...

Sweetooth710

Badlands
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for those measurements. Was gonna get the 2 door and take out the back seats but knowing the 4 door at 5ā€™11 I could have the car camp option think Iā€™m leaning toward that.
Sponsored