NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
Every time I think, why don't I just fix up an old 4x4 and not bother with a new bronco I think of how much better new cars are in accidents. It is astounding that that guy lived. I doubt that there was a car produced before 1990 that he would have survived in.
Personally I wouldn’t be driving an antique anything in wet/icy conditions. That when the ABS trucks come out. I think it’s silly to fear that as long as you can reasonably reduce risks to the best of your ability. Statistically interstate travel is the safest, but I still wouldn’t be driving a 197X anything in those conditions.
Sponsored

rotorwrench

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R Nine T, R1200RS, Outback, Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Just got home from work and tuned into the North TX forecast. Ya'll hang in there and be safe over the next 5 days. We will be hangin with the Cribbage board and a good supply of Single Malt and Wine so no excuse to be out on the road.

Phantom

Badlands
First Name
MA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Prayers out to the people in FW. Hoping to move to Texas in a few years and being from Minnesota I can tell you this is stay yo ass at home weather.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Saw the video on the news last night. It was hard to watch.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Prayers out to the people in FW. Hoping to move to Texas in a few years and being from Minnesota I can tell you this is stay yo ass at home weather.
The storm gets stronger starting today and going through Wednesday, I sure wish you northerners would stop exporting your weather to us. ;)
A Winter Storm Warning will be in effect from 6 AM Saturday morning through 6 PM Monday evening for the entire region. Heavy mixed precipitation is expected, with 3-6 inches of total snow accumulations possible. Strong winds will lead to drifting and blowing snow, which as the possibility of reducing visibilities to 1 mile at times.

Temperatures will be EXTREMELY cold, with near- blizzard conditions are possible. Hazardous travel is likely for several days due to icy bridges and roadways, and travel will become impossible and possibly life-threatening. Wind chills as low as -15 F for several days could induce hypothermia. Travel is highly discouraged for Monday and Tuesday. If you have to venture outside, remember to bring all the necessary tools and supplies in your car.
Ford Bronco Pile up last night on highway image7

Last edited:

Sponsored

Angwalla

Base
First Name
Angela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

Ft. Worth Rob

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X7, Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

After the dust settles on this, answers will have to be given on what road prep was taken (or not taken) for that particular stretch of 35. That same morning, I drove from Keller to Plano via major highways at the same time as this wreck and the highways were well prepped and no ice.

Watching the video of the FedEx truck makes it seem like little to no prep was done as that truck and the following cars were not slowing down. Side note, in that same video, you can already see red and blue flashing lights and that truck and many others still seem to still be going full speed...

And this is why I hate those express lanes, when shit goes south, you have nowhere to bail off to. Most of the express lanes around here are flanked on both sides by concrete barriers with no shoulders.
I’ll be curious what is determined. Interesting article that sounds like there are conflicting statements on what was done to treat the road prior to the pileup.

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/politics-government/article249189965.html

007-FJC

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser, 4Runner, Lexus LS, V8 Cressida
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The guy you see running around after the FJ was punted jumped out of that white truck in front of the FJ. He literally jumped out on impact.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

FJ guy lived:
As a follow up to the 133 car pile up in Forth Worth, the FJ Cruiser owner was a Paramedic on his way to work. He climbed out of the accordioned FJ, that was rear ended by an 18 wheeler, and started helping others who had been injured.

Toyota Headquarters is up the road in Plano, TX, they have given the Paramedic Hero a brand new 4Runner to replace his destroyed FJ Cruiser.

Toyota Gives a New Truck to Heroic Driver of FJ Cruiser That Got Annihilated in Texas Pile Up

Ford Bronco Pile up last night on highway Eu3g0a9U4AEuGaw
Sponsored

Last edited: