First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 F150 XLT Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After the absolute HELL I went through getting my Bronco, and 2 whole weeks of driving it on paved roads and keeping it clean, I finally got the chance to take my Bronco off road the last 2 weekends in a row.

Specs on my Bronco: 2021 4 door Badlands with Sasquatch and High option package. 2.7 with auto transmission, Carbonized Grey, MIC top. I absolutely love this truck.

Pilot Rock Truck Trail is a 12 mile trail that takes you around Silverwood Lake in the San Bernardino mountains of Southern California. If you want (and I did), there are other trails after the turn around point on the main trail that you can follow that turns the trail into a longer loop trail. One of my favorite things about this trail, besides how close it is to home for me, is how you can customize the trip to your experience level or based on what you want to do that day. The main trail is fairly straightforward. Anything with 4 wheel drive and a decent clearance should be able to handle it with no problems, and the views are spectacular. However, if you want to make things more difficult, there are bypasses at certain sections that let you do some more technical wheeling, and then join back up with the main trail. Let me tell you, the Badlands with Sasquatch handled these areas like a CHAMP!

As I mentioned before, I went two weekends in a row. Last weekend, I went with my son, as well as a good friend and his dad in their 72 CJ7 Jeep. The CJ7 is a rock crawling beast, and we took a lot of the bypasses. There was nowhere my friend's CJ7 went, that my Bronco wasn't able to follow. Today I took my wife and one of the dogs on a more scenic trip. We still hit a few bypasses, just because we could, but mostly stuck to the main trail. The views were gorgeous, and getting out of the city is always good for your mood. If you're in Southern California and looking for a quick day trip, I 100% recommend the Pilot Rock Truck Trail.

3 weeks into owning my Bronco, and I've put almost 1000 miles on it. Pretty soon, I plan on hitting the Mojave trail out to Arizona. I've got to figure out how to sleep in this dang thing.

Ford Bronco Pilot Rock Truck Trail- Silverwood Lake, Southern California FB_IMG_1644136015628

FB_IMG_1644136026802.jpg

FB_IMG_1644136088961.jpg

FB_IMG_1644136103260.jpg
Sponsored