First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Explorer ST, 15 SD, 08 Mustang, 82 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How wide are the factory running boards? Do they cover full width of the SAS fender flares? Haven’t been able to find dimensions anywhere, interested in body / paint protection as much as the step.
Sponsored

mlsjr14

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Anyone happen to have a link to the installation instructions?

Skeeterjack

Outer Banks
First Name
RON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018MUSTANG GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Stick a couple of painted bolts in the holes and give it a post apocalyptic,industrial,retro look.

Happy

Black Diamond
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ5, Wagoneer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Isn't the pinch weld area aluminum?

Stonetree

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Isn't the pinch weld area aluminum?
From what I understand, all the panels are aluminum, but the floor and frame are steel. I'm assuming the pinch weld is considered the floor. Can anyone verify the pinch welds are aluminum or steel? I really want to get the Lund rocker panel protectors, but I'm quite concerned about this area rusting. There's a lot of salt spread on the roads around Pittsburgh in the winter.

Sponsored

Oldgoat1-Michigan

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee & Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I wonder if they're designed to leak. Basically let any moisture that gets in there have a way to get out. I'd look into that before applying anything that may seal them.
Question, has anyone else looked into having the panels sprayed. I’m thinking about having the Rhino Bed Liner application done unless the panels need to breath as discussed below. Please keep us all updated

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'm thinking of installing these along with the Go-Rhino DSS slider-step which on another B6G thread seem to sit a bit higher and tighter than the OEM steps. My question is, how much space is there left between the OEM step and the rocker panel protector in your setup (which looks great!)? I'm wondering if things will get too tight if I try to install both the Rhino DSS and this protector. Thanks!
Did you end up trying the rocker panel protectors with the Go Rhino DSS slider steps?

Garrett301

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2021 Bronco Sport, 2017 Escape
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Did you end up trying the rocker panel protectors with the Go Rhino DSS slider steps?
I did not try both; given how the steps attach to the vehicle not sure both would have worked together without additional modification, but I could be wrong on that. In the end I was happy with the final look and will just be diligent about periodic undercarriage washing.
Ford Bronco Pinch Weld Cover-Up: Don't Use Adhesive Trim IMG_3574

CUPRA

Outer Banks
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBXSAS/'23 Camaro SS Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The Trail Armor can be used with the OEM Side Steps, I just had to remove the end caps off of the steps to get the front piece of the Trail Armor installed, otherwise it was very straightforward.

Here's an install video I did of the process, if anyone is still wondering.

Tkekich

Big Bend
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The Trail Armor can be used with the OEM Side Steps, I just had to remove the end caps off of the steps to get the front piece of the Trail Armor installed, otherwise it was very straightforward.

Here's an install video I did of the process, if anyone is still wondering.

great video!! I just picked these up for my two door.

Sponsored

79Ranchbird

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Explorer ST, 15 SD, 08 Mustang, 82 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I purchased the rocker panel protector from Ford Accessories VM2DZ-1613208-A along with the Go Rhino Dominator D1 running boards w/drop step. With the mounting hardware for the running boards you cannot use the panel protectors without some significant modification. I opted to install the Go Rhino boards and leave off the rocker protection for now. It does appear the boards, and hopefully someday Rokblokz mudflaps will give good rock protection.

2D6EB44E-6EBE-4B1D-90CC-B3234FA2909D.jpeg

Garrett301

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2021 Bronco Sport, 2017 Escape
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Thanks for posting this! I was wondering about whether the two would work together. I had considered buying the rocker panel protectors to mount along with my GoRhino D6 steps but decided not to, so just mounted the D6s. Since they sit fairly high, I think they do a good job of covering up the pinch-weld. They are giving good protection now against rocks but, like you, I'm planning to add mudflaps in the future for that little bit extra.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This pinch weld feels like a Catch22 thing for people in the rust belt... Install rocker panel=possibility of water staying trapped and rust and corrode, do nothing and the exposed weld is begging to rust and corrode ...
If these are applied before the rocker is chipped to crap they should be better than exposed metal from rock chips. If I person has chips I’d definitely seal them up before attaching these. Definitely a catch 22.

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Found this thread. Just picked up our '22 BB yesterday. Factory steps. After adding bigger tires / wheels, the rocker / pinch weld area being body color is one thing that really stood out to me as "unfinished" looking.

I'm going to crawl under it tonight and check it out in detail, but from the angle the cover / rocker sits at, I'm not sure how much moisture it could really hold. Didn't even know they made these cover ups. Honestly I was just considering masking everything off and using a bedliner type spray.

But since I never used the 40K Ford Pass points I got when I bought my Mustang in '19 and we got another 40K for the Bronco - thinking about giving these a go.

MVBB

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
From what I understand, all the panels are aluminum, but the floor and frame are steel. I'm assuming the pinch weld is considered the floor. Can anyone verify the pinch welds are aluminum or steel? I really want to get the Lund rocker panel protectors, but I'm quite concerned about this area rusting. There's a lot of salt spread on the roads around Pittsburgh in the winter.
It's all aluminum
Sponsored