Garrett301

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2021 Bronco Sport, 2017 Escape
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yes, zero issues with the steps and the rocker armor coexisting. It's a bit of a pain installing with the steps still on but I made it work.
I'm thinking of installing these along with the Go-Rhino DSS slider-step which on another B6G thread seem to sit a bit higher and tighter than the OEM steps. My question is, how much space is there left between the OEM step and the rocker panel protector in your setup (which looks great!)? I'm wondering if things will get too tight if I try to install both the Rhino DSS and this protector. Thanks!
Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t believe so. The 3M tape seal on the top is air tight and if moisture does get in there are recessed areas on the bottom for water to drain.
Thanks... I began to think that it's probably 3M sealed on the top outside edge 👍🏻
And I'd probably add some rust inhibitor to the seam before I put it in

Mhenry303

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Big Bend 4DR Area 51
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I got these aluminum rails at https://www.roughcountry.com/bronco-sr2-aluminum-rail-52002.html?find=2021-ford-bronco-4wd-784415 I installed them myself in about an hour and a half and I think they cleaned up the pinch weld nicely. Not sure why ford thought that was ok. In the last photo you’ll see the silver hex nuts I ended up turning them around so everything was blacked out but never took a new pic so don’t let that scare you. You can’t see any of the hardware unless you get down on your hands and knees and stick your nose in there.

Ford Bronco Pinch Weld Cover-Up: Don't Use Adhesive Trim B384FBFB-E301-49E6-82EE-8B2F88EF4CA4

Ford Bronco Pinch Weld Cover-Up: Don't Use Adhesive Trim 2B76F66C-067E-4BBD-A51E-DA889F07F45E

Ford Bronco Pinch Weld Cover-Up: Don't Use Adhesive Trim 4AA28AC7-68CD-4F62-93B0-2F3EB49743E3

rustedgoat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Base
Can you post up some under body shots by the pinch weld.

Sponsored

Mhenry303

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Big Bend 4DR Area 51
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Oh man, this is going to be a rust nightmare for people in the rustbelt, and up here. That's an open invitation to rust/corrosion.
Yeah I live in Florida lol

Reactions: JPG

Shacky4

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Looking for feedback. What do you think about using something like this to cover and protect the pinchweld seam? These are tough and I think we fit very tight. I don't expect they would hold moisture.
Ford Bronco Pinch Weld Cover-Up: Don't Use Adhesive Trim trim

Sponsored

GreyZ

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo 350z, Bronco Badlands, Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looking for feedback. What do you think about using something like this to cover and protect the pinchweld seam? These are tough and I think we fit very tight. I don't expect they would hold moisture.
These will absolutely hold moisture.

JPG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The problem is not the product used, it's the fact that closing up that part with another one will hold moisture, water, salt, etc. And leaving it open will do the same. IMHO it's a design flaw, and a catch 22 for people living with the rust/corrosion problem.

Shacky4

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
We definitely have snow and salt considerations here. Plus, that just looks really unfinished. I know some people are just saying paint it black....

The problem is not the product used, it's the fact that closing up that part with another one will hold moisture, water, salt, etc. And leaving it open will do the same. IMHO it's a design flaw, and a catch 22 for people living with the rust/corrosion problem.

Reactions: JPG

Richw23

Base
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I installed the Trail Armor rocker panels on my BB yesterday. Looks much better and should provide protection against some of the rock damage we’ve been seeing.
Here’s some before and after photos:

That looks great. I just discovered they make these tonight. Can you use the with side steps?

Richw23

Base
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I can confirm the rocker armor fits with the factory running boards. (Swapped out the rock rails on our First Edition)

It has robust drainage holes, it only covers the "face"/doesn't wrap below, it is very well secured and looks like it should have from the factory!

This is way better than the DIY adhesive trim solution.
That is perfect. I just discovered these today. I was interested in both and u have now sealed the deal for me
Sponsored