Pinch weld measurements and trim?

Brad Fx

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander
Bronco
Badlands
Looking for pinch weld trim. Can someone measure it and/or provide recommendations on trim?
F5F7AADD-F12E-4BD7-842E-B7FAE1B96365.png

54D1CD83-C29F-4072-A42C-D6AF5258C84A.jpeg
Advertisement

BR0NCO

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Bronco
Badlands
Paint that pinch weld piece flat black and it will look 1000% better (you won’t see it), even if you are putting on rock rails. Jeeps have the same thing and we always paint them

fossil

Base
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Raptor 1995 SVT Cobra
Bronco
Base
Looking for pinch weld trim. Can someone measure it and/or provide recommendations on trim?
F5F7AADD-F12E-4BD7-842E-B7FAE1B96365.png

54D1CD83-C29F-4072-A42C-D6AF5258C84A.jpeg
if you're thinking about using that plastic trim to cover your pinch welds consider that they will hold water and it might wick up into the seam and rust. Maker used similar stuff in my motor home plastic fender flares and it's mold and algae center,

OP
OP
Brad Fx

Brad Fx

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander
Bronco
Badlands
Paint it black. No one see it.

Paint that pinch weld piece flat black and it will look 1000% better (you won’t see it), even if you are putting on rock rails. Jeeps have the same thing and we always paint them
Great idea. I’m a little hesitant with permanently painting anything, not sure why. Might even consider plastic dip if that comes off. But painting it is a great idea. With some of the rails/steps it seems you can still see the pinch weld, which I don’t like.

OP
OP
Brad Fx

Brad Fx

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander
Bronco
Badlands
if you're thinking about using that plastic trim to cover your pinch welds consider that they will hold water and it might wick up into the seam and rust. Maker used similar stuff in my motor home plastic fender flares and it's mold and algae center,
Great point, should probably avoid this.

BR0NCO

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Bronco
Badlands
Great idea. I’m a little hesitant with permanently painting anything, not sure why. Might even consider plastic dip if that comes off. But painting it is a great idea. With some of the rails/steps it seems you can still see the pinch weld, which I don’t like.
You can still see it with rails/steps. Once it bothers you it will bother you every time you look at it unpainted. Lol

Hornet

Big Bend
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Bronco
Big Bend
You can still see it with rails/steps. Once it bothers you it will bother you every time you look at it unpainted. Lol
Agreed. I saw just saw one up close it looks terrible - the side steps don't hide it at all. The steps are hanging below the weld -- Not a good fit and finish look. I have a Jeep and the side steps mounted easily using father holes in the weld - looks great.
I'm planning on going south the paint it black suggestion.

Advertisement

GOBI Racks
Advertisement