Brad Fx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looking for pinch weld trim. Can someone measure it and/or provide recommendations on trim?
Ford Bronco Pinch weld measurements and trim? F5F7AADD-F12E-4BD7-842E-B7FAE1B96365

Ford Bronco Pinch weld measurements and trim? 54D1CD83-C29F-4072-A42C-D6AF5258C84A
Sponsored

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Paint that pinch weld piece flat black and it will look 1000% better (you wonā€™t see it), even if you are putting on rock rails. Jeeps have the same thing and we always paint them

Deleted member 3063

Looking for pinch weld trim. Can someone measure it and/or provide recommendations on trim?
Ford Bronco Pinch weld measurements and trim? 54D1CD83-C29F-4072-A42C-D6AF5258C84A

if you're thinking about using that plastic trim to cover your pinch welds consider that they will hold water and it might wick up into the seam and rust. Maker used similar stuff in my motor home plastic fender flares and it's mold and algae center,

Sponsored
OP
OP
Brad Fx

Brad Fx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Paint it black. No one see it.

Paint that pinch weld piece flat black and it will look 1000% better (you wonā€™t see it), even if you are putting on rock rails. Jeeps have the same thing and we always paint them
Great idea. Iā€™m a little hesitant with permanently painting anything, not sure why. Might even consider plastic dip if that comes off. But painting it is a great idea. With some of the rails/steps it seems you can still see the pinch weld, which I donā€™t like.

OP
OP
Brad Fx

Brad Fx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
if you're thinking about using that plastic trim to cover your pinch welds consider that they will hold water and it might wick up into the seam and rust. Maker used similar stuff in my motor home plastic fender flares and it's mold and algae center,
Great point, should probably avoid this.

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Great idea. Iā€™m a little hesitant with permanently painting anything, not sure why. Might even consider plastic dip if that comes off. But painting it is a great idea. With some of the rails/steps it seems you can still see the pinch weld, which I donā€™t like.
You can still see it with rails/steps. Once it bothers you it will bother you every time you look at it unpainted. Lol

Hornet

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You can still see it with rails/steps. Once it bothers you it will bother you every time you look at it unpainted. Lol
Agreed. I saw just saw one up close it looks terrible - the side steps don't hide it at all. The steps are hanging below the weld -- Not a good fit and finish look. I have a Jeep and the side steps mounted easily using father holes in the weld - looks great.
I'm planning on going south the paint it black suggestion.
Sponsored