Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey 6G,
As many of you know, we like to do some testing on our new products and Pre-Run some future trails for the 4xMore Runs. Pinyon Mountain is one of the Jeep Badge of honor trails, its considered a level 8 trail due to 3 big obstacles. Its always been on our list to run, but many of us wondered if the new Bronco would fit. As far as we knew, no 6G Bronco has yet to attempt it, or completed the trail. So myself and the Ocotillo Trail Riders Club set out to test it this weekend.

The first, which is also the gatekeeper for the trail, is a famous section called the squeeze. Itā€™s an extremely narrow rock opening that cascades down into a wash. This is the definition of threading the needle. They key is to press your passenger tire up against the rock to push you off the rock, you then need to turn into the hole at the bottom to pull your rear cap away from the rock as you keep going. For a stock bronco with aftermarket rock sliders you can do this no problem. If you remove the plastic fender flares, you'll have plenty of tire to space you off the rock to passenger as your sliders engage with it. We took no structural damage going through it, we only left paint and doubts behind.
Pinyon Squeeze.jpg
IMG_9520.JPG

Quickly after that obstacle you are greeted with window rock, which is an offset step up that if you don't take far enough to the passenger with late cut to the driver.... you'll discover why it earned its name. After you get through here, you'll have about a mile of rock crawling trail to help build the suspense to what's next.
Rock.jpg

The next obstacle, and basically the last part of this trail is Heat Attack hill. Heart Attack Hill, is just over a hundred foot long downhill that reaches angles in excess of 70 degrees, and has pot holes littered on the way down. Making any simple mistakes or over breaking a costly lessons that have led to rollovers in the past. The key is to manage the momentum and place the tires in ways that balance the side movement of the pot holes.
Heart.jpg

After Heart Attack Hill its a nice drive through Fish Creek wash out to the highway. We want to thank the Ocotillo Trail Riders Club, they're knowledge and experience with this trail and that area is second to none. If you live in the SD/Socal area I would highly recommend joining thier FB group. They are often the people behind the scenes breaking the trails collapsed due to rain, or fixing them when people completely destroy by others. For those of you who want to see more videos, dont worry we'll be posting them on the @4XMORE_Bronco Instagram.

Cheers,

AJ

Pinyon Squeeze.jpg

IMG_9520.JPG

Rock.jpg

Heart.jpg
Iā€™m a long way from being personally comfortable with a L8 trail, but it looks crazy and awesome! Iā€™ve hesitated on any fender/flairs that arenā€™t removable, and you kinda reinforced that herešŸ˜¬
Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just remove the fenders then go rocking. I was under the belief the Bronco was built with this idea in mind.

bellboyfab

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22Bronco ā€˜93 C3500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Really interested in hitting this trail now. Especially to see what my bone stock Black diamond is capable of.

Sponsored

glphoto

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice write up! and answers my question I had about fitting the new Bronco through the squeeze, I rode it when I had a 84 full size Bronco and I also rode it on my mountain Bike https://www.mountainbikebill.com/ABDSP-08.htm
Ford Bronco Pinyon Mountain Trail... The Bronco Fits! ABDSP-20DEC08-053a

Last edited:

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bronco Raptor owners need not apply.

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

For a stock bronco with aftermarket rock sliders you can do this no problem. If you remove the plastic fender flares, you'll have plenty of tire to space you off the rock to passenger as your sliders engage with it. We took no structural damage going through it, we only left paint and doubts behind.
Guess the upcoming 8" ADV fenders are going off the checklist of things to do for me!

Great write up, AJ, and awesome tips for whoever is going to attempt the trail. Looking forward to the Cajun pass in a few weeks. Can't wait to see your battle scars.

Last edited:

Sponsored

ironmike

Raptor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Bronco Raptor owners need not apply.
Probably right. Also, I'd like to show these photos to the folks that think PPF is the magic bullet of paint protection. Granite or sandstone will win every time.

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Awesome! This is when the clip on/off fenders are great to have. Great post and thanks for sharing!
Clip off fender flares? :unsure:
Ford Bronco Pinyon Mountain Trail... The Bronco Fits! PhotoGrid_Plus_1662327305363

This is me with the fender flare delete.

Or did you mean this:
Ford Bronco Pinyon Mountain Trail... The Bronco Fits! 1668460144570

This is a screenshot of Loren Healy conquering MOAB in a "less than stock" First Edition 4 Door, fenders and flares removed. Also the top and doors. Skeleton, so to speak.

DangerMTBBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Clip off fender flares? :unsure:

This is me with the fender flare delete.

Or did you mean this:

This is a screenshot of Loren Healy conquering MOAB in a "less than stock" First Edition 4 Door, fenders and flares removed. Also the top and doors. Skeleton, so to speak.
LOL yes flares

JetMech

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Badlands Sasquatch (2), Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love to see others pushing the limits as well! I'll have to check it out when I'm back in Cali.

315112592_646329726977695_1753019964783160138_n.jpg

choppersean

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands Sasquatch, 2-door, EG, 2.7, Auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
"fits," in my opinion, doesn't mean fender scratches.
Sponsored