Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Z71
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

FIrst of all forgive me if this has been discussed ad nausem on the board. Everything went very smoothly. He requested and I sent the B&P link. I get order confirmation email and a PDF listing MSRP and Invoice pricing of everything. (My dealer is charging invoice pricing). There were a couple of things missing and a couple things added. No big deal, easy enough to correct. Then 2 things seem iffy to me, #1 I have 4 items ( winch, rock lights, rock rails and bimini top) that my dealer is telling me will be added at the dealership. I'm thinking cool, the DIO program is pretty awesome. I get the winch at invoice and FORD is paying the labor. Then he tells me, the dealership will order it, I will buy it from the dealership and pay labor. That those things are not able to be ordered on the factory order. #2 He said the Rock Rails and/or Tube Steps are not an orderable option with Sasquatch package. The SAS fender flares and the rails/steps do not work together and should have been removed from the B&P. This is the first I'm hearing of this. I'm okay with this honestly as I'd be fine getting aftermarket rails with steps. Does anyone know if either of these are true or if my dealer that I've been very happy with to this point is trying to turn to slimy now???
Sponsored

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
forgive me if this has been discussed ad nausem on the board
Yes, you are forgiven. Go and sin no more.

#1 discussed in ad nauseum
#2 your dealer is an idiot

OP
OP
Bushwhacker

Bushwhacker

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Z71
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes, you are forgiven. Go and sin no more.

#1 discussed in ad nauseum
#2 your dealer is an idiot
Thanks for clearing that up.

I did find this on my B&P which is interesting. It clearly says that it does not include installation and may require additional cost at signing. This is a screenshot of my B&P this morning. So which is it?????

Ford Bronco Placed my order on 3/17.  Getting some interesting info from the dealer Screenshot (8)

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

#1 DIO program seems to have morphed over time. We’ve heard the same thing from other people. Originally you paid Ford and Ford reimbursed the dealer for the labor.

My theory was this reimbursement method was becoming too difficult to implement and they defaulted to just having it done the more traditional way... You may end up paying the dealer the install fee, but the price of the item may be lowered to offset that.

In all there hasn’t really been much info from Ford about the dio stuff in a while, so I’m not sure how it will pan out.

All that said, not all items are in the ordering system yet, so some of the confusion may just be stemming from that.

2. Rock rails and side steps are standard on some trims, and not available on others... Sas has nothing to do with it. What trim are you selecting? That could reveal what the issue is.

Sponsored

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looking at the Accessories list, the rock rails are marked as an FOA accessory and so installation should be included under the DIO program and ordered in WBDO as part of your build.

The other items are either Ford Licensed Accessories or Ford Performance Parts, so they are ordered separately by the dealer and you pay for installation.

That's the ways it's supposed to work, but with so much stuff evidently not available in one system or another yet, I'm sure it's not that simple.

OP
OP
Bushwhacker

Bushwhacker

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Z71
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

#1 DIO program seems to have morphed over time. We’ve heard the same thing from other people. Originally you paid Ford and Ford reimbursed the dealer for the labor.

My theory was this reimbursement method was becoming too difficult to implement and they defaulted to just having it done the more traditional way... You may end up paying the dealer the install fee, but the price of the item may be lowered to offset that.

In all there hasn’t really been much info from Ford about the dio stuff in a while, so I’m not sure how it will pan out.

All that said, not all items are in the ordering system yet, so some of the confusion may just be stemming from that.

2. Rock rails and side steps are standard on some trims, and not available on others... Sas has nothing to do with it. What trim are you selecting? That could reveal what the issue is.

Thanks for the reply. I think you are pretty nailed it. I'm getting a WT so SAS is included. I actually called the FORD care number. She told me, that he is partially correct. My items are late availability items so they are unorderable on MY21 (currently). She advised me, if I so desired, to change to a MY22 and at the time the order banks open for MY22 I should be able to add those options in. Or I could leave it a MY21 and add those items from the dealer when they are fulfilled.

With the Rock Rails specifically she said she did not know specifically but the addtion of SAS does complicate some accessories, because of weight, as we have all talked about. She hadn't heard about compatibality with the fender flares but there are compatiblity issues with other items and fender flares on SAS so it is possible.

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold 😥), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I thought rock rails were a factory option since they are standard on some trims????

Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought rock rails were a factory option since they are standard on some trims????
I think tube steps are a factory-installed option but rock rails are an accessory. AFAIK the only way you can get rock rails from the factory are with the two trims that include them. I very well could be wrong though.

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold 😥), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think tube steps are a factory-installed option but rock rails are an accessory. AFAIK the only way you can get rock rails from the factory are with the two trims that include them. I very well could be wrong though.
Hell, I don't know either lol. This whole release has been clear as mud 😂

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hell, I don't know either lol. This whole release has been clear as mud 😂
Hopefully if someone was able to order a Wildtrack (or any trim that's not a BD or BL) with rock rails, then they'll speak up in here.
Sponsored