Quinn_the_eskimo

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 Jeep Scrambler, 2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So you can actually order a Bronco right now at the stealerships? Just that it will most likely be a 2022? Also, I cannot believe that everyone who reserved one is buying one, yet I see no-one "selling" their place holder which I find somewhat odd. There has to be '21 placeholders available just don't know where to look.

And the soft vs hard. Can the hardtop not be purchased at a later date and just put on? Wouldn't most people want to have both anyhow?
You must be new here. You can't "sell" your place in line because it's attached to your name and there's electronics available for hard tops (defrost and wiper) that are not included with soft tops.
Sponsored

JKinTX

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You must be new here. You can't "sell" your place in line because it's attached to your name and there's electronics available for hard tops (defrost and wiper) that are not included with soft tops.
Thats interesting. So its one or the other? Did not know that. Also, then what happens when someone says I don't want my order anymore? I can' t imagine that anything less than 10-15 percent of those who put in for a reservation didn't say I don't want it anymore. When that happens, where do those go? Into the ether?

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So you can actually order a Bronco right now at the stealerships? Just that it will most likely be a 2022? Also, I cannot believe that everyone who reserved one is buying one, yet I see no-one "selling" their place holder which I find somewhat odd. There has to be '21 placeholders available just don't know where to look.

And the soft vs hard. Can the hardtop not be purchased at a later date and just put on? Wouldn't most people want to have both anyhow?
Hardtop later? NO. search for other discussions of the limitations of ordering a softtop. You will have no wiring, stalk controls or plumbing for the hardtop. If neither you, nor a future buyer if you sell or trade, wants a hardtop, then soft is great. But you're forever limiting the vehicle.

Personally, I ordered with MIC Top. Will get softtop from parts dept or aftermarket. I dont want a vehicle with needless part limitations. And, just noting the Jeep tops, there will be so many soft top options for Bronco. And, I'm happy starting with removing panels. Besides, most 5 year old Jeep vinyl OEM soft tops are sun damaged, worn, ripped, and i assume the same for Ford.

Also, it will cost alot more to ship the hard top pieces, than it will cost to ship a rolled up softtop.

Do what works for you, but condider the ramifications.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Thats interesting. So its one or the other? Did not know that. Also, then what happens when someone says I don't want my order anymore? I can' t imagine that anything less than 10-15 percent of those who put in for a reservation didn't say I don't want it anymore. When that happens, where do those go? Into the ether?
Ford allows dealers to sell the non delivered units to whatever sucker, I mean customer, will pay the $5,000 to $25,000 sucker tax, I mean ADM. They can do this with up to 20% of there Bronco's before Ford will take issue with it.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hi everyone, long time lurker first time posting! From what I have read on other threads there’s nothing stopping me from placing an order right now. But what’s confusing me is the the dealership salesman. I placed my reservation late in the game (April) and understand it will be a long time before I see my baby. Anyway, dealer had said I should wait until MY2022 order bank opens up, then a couple days ago he says: “good news, we can place your order right now”. What?? Glad I made another reservation with Granger and will probably cancel the other.

My question is, would there be any benefit in placing an order right now instead of waiting for the MY2022 order bank opens up if the new options for MY2022 don’t interest me?

Thanks in advance,
Valeria
The first question is, what Bronco are you looking for?

JKinTX

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford allows dealers to sell the non delivered units to whatever sucker, I mean customer, will pay the $5,000 to $25,000 sucker tax, I mean ADM. They can do this with up to 20% of there Bronco's before Ford will take issue with it.
Kinda what I figured. I'm all about getting the "deal". Got the Raptor back in September with 17 miles on it brand new for 68 with a 75.5 MSRP. So I saw the Granger comment, went to their website and they are saying 1K under invoice!? Hot damn, son. Probably give them a call tomorrow and see what's what.

As for the soft/hard thanks for the information to whomever provided it. Thats smart thinking and something that I will be looking into very closely.
Sponsored