Sponsored

Plan A- 2021 Bronco Build vs. Plan B-2022 Bronco Build (Pros-Cons)

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD Bronco, RV- Ford E450 (Thor Vegas 24.1)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Early in the process, when I thought I had an ok chance to get a 2021 (July 20th-Res.), all I can think about was my build and when in 2021 I would get it. I DID PLACE THE ORDER FOR THIS YEAR ALREADY..
In the upcoming months and when more information came out.. the likelihood of me getting a 2021 was a long shot at best, I was pretty bummed out for a while.

However, since February, I realized, like many of you stated, many of the pros of 2022.
Honestly, I am happy if a get a 2021 or 2022 but there is a catch...

Build for 2021 -Badlands-2dr -2.3L- 7-Speed Manual- Area 51 -Upgraded Rims/33”MT- High Package
Build for 2022- Badlands-2dr -2.3L- 7-Speed Manual- More Color options -35” S- Lux Package-Modular Roof

2021-
Pros: Get it sooner, first year is cool!, WOW factor!!, Less money in my case
Cons: high package, less options for color, 35” Man and roof.

2022-
Pros: Getting everything I want, study aftermarket and choose between Ford options vs. Aftermarket. More time to save money
Cons: WAITING GAME, I WILL Spend MORE MONEY,

Bottom line:
I wanted to design two plans so I can be excited regardless to what year I end up getting..

Do you have a plan A and B?
What chances, if any would you do if you had to wait? Pros / Cons??
Sponsored

Last edited:

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Take which ever comes your way and be happy. That is kind of where I wind up, late '21 or early '22. Few guarantees with the '22 at this stage, so I'm not sure I am waiting for to see what happens. At that rate you may never buy one waiting for "next year".

Slater

Badlands
First Name
Just Slater
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soul crushing Camry now cancled out by Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Totally your call. I am going for it. I've never owned a new car and I feel like the 21 is my time. MY TIME! No more soul crushing Camry!

OP
OP
Gpscharron

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD Bronco, RV- Ford E450 (Thor Vegas 24.1)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just to clarify, I want the 2021, however I can see advantages to getting the 2022. I already placed the order for 2021.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, don't forget 2022 is one more than 2021, so you'd have that going for you.

Sponsored

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Plan B 22 is almost identical to my Plan A 21. Badlands, Sasquatch, 2.7L V6/10A, High and tow package. Only swapping out green and body colored top in 22 for A51 and black top. May go Lux if I get a particularly good bonus between now and then.

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Plan B 22 is almost identical to my Plan A 21. Badlands, Sasquatch, 2.7L V6/10A, High and tow package. Only swapping out green and body colored top in 22 for A51 and black top. May go Lux if I get a particularly good bonus between now and then.
Samsies. I ordered dual tops so I'll wait to see if theirs any MY22 must haves and if so I'll have my dealer switch it to a 99 priority.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

After hearing from a little bird, I'm looking forward to MY22 Heritage Edition.

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I get bumped to 2022 I probably won’t change anything on my build. I took me from July until a couple weeks ago to finally be at peace with my color choice of Cactus Gray, and only Grabber Blue, Grabber Orange, or Seafoam Green could disrupt that.

If they break up the interior packages and I can opt out of all of the safety equipment, I will be doing that as well. Saves me money and a lot of trouble when swapping bumpers and other parts.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Early in the process, when I thought I had an ok chance to get a 2021 (July 20th-Res.), all I can think about was my build and when in 2021 I would get it. I DID PLACE THE ORDER FOR THIS YEAR ALREADY..
In the upcoming months and when more information came out.. the likelihood of me getting a 2021 was a long shot at best, I was pretty bummed out for a while.

However, since February, I realized, like many of you stated, many of the pros of 2022.
Honestly, I am happy if a get a 2021 or 2022 but there is a catch...

Build for 2021 -Badlands-2dr -2.3L- 7-Speed Manual- Area 51 -Upgraded Rims/33”MT- High Package
Build for 2022- Badlands-2dr -2.3L- 7-Speed Manual- More Color options -35” S- Lux Package-Modular Roof

2021-
Pros: Get it sooner, first year is cool!, WOW factor!!, Less money in my case
Cons: high package, less options for color, 35” Man and roof.

2022-
Pros: Getting everything I want, study aftermarket and choose between Ford options vs. Aftermarket. More time to save money
Cons: WAITING GAME, I WILL Spend MORE MONEY,

Bottom line:
I wanted to design two plans so I can be excited regardless to what year I end up getting..

Do you have a plan A and B?
What chances, if any would you do if you had to wait? Pros / Cons??
My plan A is getting a 21 by about August. Plan B is buy a different vehicle, probably an F-150.

Sponsored

Ambassador

Badlands
First Name
Standing_Bear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, 2022 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Spending 62 K on my fully loaded Badlands (SAS). Delayed to 22, hoping to get base warthog within 65k by then. 🤞

bsb78

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Personally, I would wait until 2022. There’s more than just the options... there will probably be a number of bugs that will be worked out in the next model year.

What is rumored for 2022: more colors (a green), Heritage edition (white grille and top), possible ManSquatch, possible Warthog

There’s going to be more options in 2022, that’s just how Ford does things. You’ll get your Bronco eventually, and being a first adopter only gives you an adrenaline rush for a few months.

Look at other launches - for the F-150, they always come out with the Raptor in the next model year. Electric in a year. More colors for the Raptor. Different engines, etc.

I would wait.
Sponsored