Farris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

He based his estimate on what Mustangs start at, which is comparable in his mind because Mustangs have a little lower MSRP, but also lower resale % v. Wranglers (which is the best comparable).

Basically...
If you bought a Bronco for $30K and it was worth $22K after 3 years/40K miles... then the depreciation is only $8000/36 = $222/month... Add taxes, fees, financing profit and interest, and $400/month or less seems reasonable.
Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Given I am going to ATTEMPT to use the Bronco as the larger car of our two, it will be the designated family hauler (2 yr old, and pushing for another...plus 40 lb dog), it is a pretty impractical choice. But i just really want this car for admittedly selfish reasons. However, if i pick out all of the luxury features and creature comforts, an OBX is probably quickly approaching $60k OTD after tax.

$60k is a LOT. Because 1. I typically lease $45k cars for $350/mo, and this Bronco lease for my build would easily be $600/mo) meaning I would buy. And if my hand was forced to ever buy a car....I would NEVER buy new. The Bronco is the only exception I could think of in the past 10 years or something that I would be willing to buy new. The said, at $60k OTD budget in the CPO world, that means A LOT! If i were more practical, I could get the following:

Latest gen X5 CPO
Porsche Cayenne CPO
Range Rover Sport CPO
Latest gen LR Discovery CPO

....or lease a new XC90 for $500/mo

Who knows, i have until December to come to more practical senses in terms of money better spent, and a better family car. All Ford needs to do it keep my attention through the balance of the year before I do something stupid and buy something that makes more sense lol

bobbleheadguru

Base
First Name
Farris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

A huge percentage of Lincolns are leased making it possible to get a $45K SUV for under $400/month as a lease.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That was the point I was trying to make. You almost can’t/shouldn’t/wouldnt lease a Bronco, and have to buy it....

Given I only put 5-7, maybe 8k, miles a year per car, I typically lease, or buy a CPO (since i dont really care too much if the car has 20-30k miles on it from the get-go, given the limited miles I will put on it). I would drive the car until the value is basically near worthless (<$5k trade in) due to age/mechanical issues. And it's not going to be miles that gets me to that place, whether I am starting at 0 miles or 25k miles.

So at least in my situation with limited miles, I could shop a good lease, or buy a CPO, or buy (not lease) a new Bronco. If it werent for the Bronco, I would not even come close to telling myself to buy a new car, given my mileage needs. But alas, the Bronco is calling.

When it comes time to replace my current lease in 2021, I could either buy a $60k OTD new Bronco, or get a $60k OTD CPO luxury SUV. Is it apples to apples? No. It’s a new car vs a slightly used car. But given my situation, a 60k OTD CPO is really a true alternative to the Bronco (at least for me), and that opens me up to a lot of options.

Last edited:

bobbleheadguru

Base
First Name
Farris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Specifically, in our family without any special A or Z discounts: Minimal down (under $1000), 40K miles, 36 months, a little over $400 for an MKC (now known as Corsair) with a sticker price around $40-45K. You just have to know when to get it.

Look up Wrangler leases, even without subvention (which I pretty sure Jeep/FCA Credit does not do)... they seem very favorable.
Sponsored