Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I've got a lease expiring at the beginning of July 2021. It lines up somewhat nicely for getting the new Bronco. Anyone have any idea when we might get a better idea of when our orders will be fulfilled?

It would be nice to not have to finance the leased car unnecessarily if it can be timed right, and I'll likely lose significant money buying it and giving it as a trade-in.
Sponsored

OP
OP
elseminoleguapo

elseminoleguapo

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

You can extend your lease. Just do another year.
July 2022 fulfillment seems like a stretch on a Dec. 2020 order. I'm sure the dealer will allow me to extend, but what happens when you need to terminate the extension early?

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
July 2022 fulfillment seems like a stretch on a Dec. 2020 order. I'm sure the dealer will allow me to extend, but what happens when you need to terminate the extension early?
A lot of lease companies will allow u to extend monthly... I’m not a big fan of it but in your case it might be worth it depending on delivery of your rig comes in.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
See what they will do in trade and totally bypass the lease turn in.

Sponsored
OP
OP
elseminoleguapo

elseminoleguapo

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

See what they will do in trade and totally bypass the lease turn in.
It's possible and I plan on investigating it, but I expect to come out losing there.

Another wrinkle is no dealerships in South FL are stepping up with pricing to match @StephensAutoCenter and @Granger Ford, so I am strongly considering switching, flying one-way, and making a road trip out of picking up the Bronco (with COVID killing my 2020 and possibly 2021 vacation plans, why not?). That would make a trade-in a no-go.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's possible and I plan on investigating it, but I expect to come out losing there.

Another wrinkle is no dealerships in South FL are stepping up with pricing to match @StephensAutoCenter and @Granger Ford, so I am strongly considering switching, flying one-way, and making a road trip out of picking up the Bronco (with COVID killing my 2020 and possibly 2021 vacation plans, why not?). That would make a trade-in a no-go.
Well just turn it in at lease end and buy a beater to tool around in until it's Bronco time.

My lease isn't up until July 2023. I planning on trying to trade it in late 2022. I'll put a few grand down and hopefully by then they will start with incentives and rebates. That will make up any difference.

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well just turn it in at lease end and buy a beater to tool around in until it's Bronco time.

My lease isn't up until July 2023. I planning on trying to trade it in late 2022. I'll put a few grand down and hopefully by then they will start with incentives and rebates. That will make up any difference.
My VW lease is up in March '21. I just bought it out. Owed $18k including remaining payments and turned around and sold it for $21k. Will be a one car household (not including my '71 El Camino, I won't drive that in the winter/rain) until the Bronco comes. If I have to get something to hold me over it will be an NB Miata for about $6k. Or if I can swing it an S2000.

O'Carroll

Black Diamond
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camry SE
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've got a lease expiring at the beginning of July 2021. It lines up somewhat nicely for getting the new Bronco. Anyone have any idea when we might get a better idea of when our orders will be fulfilled?

It would be nice to not have to finance the leased car unnecessarily if it can be timed right, and I'll likely lose significant money buying it and giving it as a trade-in.
My lease expires in November 2020. I called Toyota Financial Services to find out what my options were, and it couldn’t have been any easier. They offered for me to go month-to-month for up to six months. I could turn it in any time during that period, and as long as it was turned in before the payment due date, I wouldn’t be charged for the next month. So I turn it in on January 21, I don’t need to make the payment due January 22.

LolaD

Outer Banks
First Name
Lola
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mercedes GLB
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have lease that's up in August. If everything goes perfectly, just in time for my Bronco. If not, My Kids' car will be mine for a few months. And I'll be payment free for a while. Bonus!
Sponsored