First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How many of you new bronco owners are considering a four door, but also taking the rear seats out for over-land gear?
Wondering how heavy the rear seats are....
Slide out rear and secure storage ideas appreciated.
I am planning on riding hard and enjoying the trails in a capable bronco!
My friends and I all have pickups built to last and are used to going way off the grid camping.
Now I am excited about the potential to leave our base camp bums back at camp sleeping in, while I takeoff early with a real trail machine to explore with only one other passenger with an opinion.
Sponsored

mkennedy009

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Triumph Bonneville T100 110th Anniversary
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I plan on a 60% delete. The only issue I see are the seat attachment points are studs that stick up about 2 inches. By keeping the 40% seat the studs are out of the way n less dangerous for the dogs. My 4 door will be 3 seater. Need room for the dogs as well as overland gear.

TopRecon

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I like the idea of effectively converting a 4-Door into a LWB 2-Door like an International Scout, or into a 2-Door Pickup. Companies offered conversions like this using a Wrangler Unlimited before the Gladiator was released, I'm sure they'll do the same with the Bronco.

Ford Bronco Pickup Truck.png

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

delete is more complicated on the four-door than the two door. Because it's a folding mechanism which will require you to put some sort of a platform back there once you pulled it all out. I want to have a long bed as well but I'm not quite sure how to get there now.

NotaVegetarian

Badlands
First Name
Nota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco, 1979 Bronco, F250 Super Crew
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh man get the tow package hook up a small enclosed trailer. To take the seats along for the ride

Sponsored
OP
OP
Who iz

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for your thoughts and time. You are correct, there are complications. Never the less I hope to create both a secure lockable storage and use the exposed bolts to support a simple platform to level off the area. Goal is to keep the weight down to allow for additional interior storage when traveling in colder high desert terrain and also the often wet mountainous weather in the Pacific NW spring and fall. Summer would be the time of year to put the back row seats in again for additional passenger capacity to the beach! Basic plan is to combine aluminum, simple hinges, and/or plywood materials with liquid bed liner likely... Adjustments will be 'fun' to work out. I know there will be professional expensive answers in time, but I want to do it myself. Persevere and overcome all resistance!

Rusty Sheckleford

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It's just a shame the seats weren't designed for quick removal. My fullsize tilts up, you pull out a couple pins and the bench seat comes right out.

It's so easy a Caveman could do it.

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am going to remove 1 of my seats on my 2door. It will make camping easier and let my dog get a little more room for activities.

myrealname123

Badlands
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for your thoughts and time. You are correct, there are complications. Never the less I hope to create both a secure lockable storage and use the exposed bolts to support a simple platform to level off the area. Goal is to keep the weight down to allow for additional interior storage when traveling in colder high desert terrain and also the often wet mountainous weather in the Pacific NW spring and fall. Summer would be the time of year to put the back row seats in again for additional passenger capacity to the beach! Basic plan is to combine aluminum, simple hinges, and/or plywood materials with liquid bed liner likely... Adjustments will be 'fun' to work out. I know there will be professional expensive answers in time, but I want to do it myself. Persevere and overcome all resistance!
Looking forward to seeing what Goose Gear is going to come up with. I'm personally interested in the 60 delete.

Ford Bronco Planning on 4 door rear seat delete? Screenshot_20210502-121002_Messenger

OP
OP
Who iz

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looking forward to seeing what Goose Gear is going to come up with.

Ford Bronco Planning on 4 door rear seat delete? Screenshot_20210502-121002_Messenger
Yes...They are top of the line.
Although, I am still inclined to experiment on my own.
I feel the need to work on my own frankin version for a long personal recovery therapy process to help me overcome the negative mental results from from both commodity restraints and nanny-state imposed government overreach/locked down mandates from the ridiculous stinkin 'VID !

Sponsored
OP
OP
Who iz

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looking forward to seeing what Goose Gear is going to come up with. I'm personally interested in the 60 delete.

I have just read on a new thread how poorly Goose Gear has failed in their release for the Bronco and direct customer service. Room now for another innovating independent customer service based shop to take the lead...Perhaps American Adventure Lab can pull it off correctly...Or better yet: Lay it down right.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There is another thread on this now, providing a bit more info on how to pull it off. Sounds easier than I'd thought....kind of back to where @LEGEND explained it long ago before he was vanished by Ford.
Sponsored